Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155298 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #675 on: January 10, 2019, 11:24:53 pm »

Go help the gorilla get to the stuck weapon by offering my services as a stepladder.
Accept help from the dragon so I don’t...you know...die
Wait patiently.
Go help the gorilla get to the stuck weapon by offering my services as a stepladder.
(1)(2) ah ...
Freddy climbs up the cliff and kinda squirms around to get a good grip so Kongor can climb up him. Unfortunately, this jostling about dislodges the both of them, sending them tumbling back down the cliff. They both land hard and proceed immediately to slide right off the plateau into open air. Gwen remains placidly lodged in the ice wall.

Start digging through the snow and see what I can find from the base camp
"Bruford can help!"

Use my giant hands to help Vladen dig the camp out of the snow.
Start digging through the snow and see what I can find from the base camp
The gorilla and dragon seem to have digging our team member out under control, so join in in digging out the remains of base camp to scavenge.
(4) you guys assist the remnants of the base camp to gather what's left of their equipment, tents, food, and comrades out of the snow. Between the snow furies, the avalanche, and Bruford's fall, about a quarter of the camp has been annihilated.

"We might be okay to continue," Declares the de facto base camp leader - a greybearded, squat fellow with wide, curiously taloned feet (and a thick covering of white fur thanks to Vladen's ministrations). "Gonna be a delay in the supply line, on account of the transportation circle being gone. Need about a week to rebuild, and it'll make the remaining space we have up here a bit cramped. Might be better to relocate to the beta site. Take about three days to get everything up and moved. Have more room to ... hey, those your friends falling off the cliff over there?"

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 11, 2019, 01:28:41 am »

WAAAAAAALLLLLGGHHH!!!
If any kind of structure, organic or otherwise, is in range, grab it!!
If not, trust that Freddy’s wings will function enough to prevent “fall damage” and hang on to his tail so I don’t weigh him down too horribly.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 11, 2019, 01:58:25 am »

Welp, wings out.  If I do get properly airborne, go pick up that damn weapon.  If I only scrabble into the air, just land on the plateau again.  If I'm flying but Kongor is falling below me, swoop down for the catch first.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:23:21 pm by Devastator »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 11, 2019, 03:29:30 am »

Well thats a thing.
seeing as I have no wielder now ((crystal is out of range)) I don't really have much to care about here, and frankly, being in human form would be cold. So... Ima just sit here. Do I have a pretty view? any cute animals for me to watch from here?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 11, 2019, 03:23:40 pm »

Wait for them to finish falling before seeing if I can find a safe way down to them and start helping with those fractured bones
"Try to land legs first! Easier to fix broken legs than a broken brain."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 15, 2019, 07:06:58 pm »

WAAAAAAALLLLLGGHHH!!!
If any kind of structure, organic or otherwise, is in range, grab it!!
If not, trust that Freddy’s wings will function enough to prevent “fall damage” and hang on to his tail so I don’t weigh him down too horribly.

(3) You grab hold of Freddy's organic leg and hang on for dear life.

Welp, wings out.  If I do get properly airborne, go pick up that damn weapon.  If I only scrabble into the air, just land on the plateau again.  If I'm flying but Kongor is falling below me, swoop down for the catch first.
(5) Kongor's weight tugs you into a bit of a dive, but you simply pick up a bit of momentum and sweep up into a wide arc, wings trailing little sparks of fire. You swing around and kick Gwen free from the ice with your artificial leg before spiralling down to drop Kongor off on frozen, but stable, ground.

Well thats a thing.
seeing as I have no wielder now ((crystal is out of range)) I don't really have much to care about here, and frankly, being in human form would be cold. So... Ima just sit here. Do I have a pretty view? any cute animals for me to watch from here?
I don't remember if you have any kind of view at all in weapon form. If so, then yes, the view is stuning (almost literally) and breathtaking (literally for organics, on account of being so cold. It's bright white below, piercing blue above, with a few dramatic sweeping streaks of a shimmering steel grey where the cold hard ground is exposed, uncovered from the cold hard ice. (1) Freddy dislodges you from your perch, with Kongor clutched in his talon. unfortunately, he doesn't seem to consider your probable landing situation, so you just sort of tumble down toward the same cliff edge the two of them were exploring moments ago.

Wait for them to finish falling before seeing if I can find a safe way down to them and start helping with those fractured bones
"Try to land legs first! Easier to fix broken legs than a broken brain."
Fortunately, they save you a climb. You dodge a few dislodged ice chunks from where Freddy kicks the ice , clap your hands and declare your work to be done here.

so, everyone is 'safe' for the moment, except Gwen, who is tumbling down the cliff, ready to bounce off the plateau and into the void.
Anyone else wanna fall off a cliff?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 15, 2019, 07:44:59 pm »

I don't remember if you have any kind of view at all in weapon form.
In human form she has a sense of smell, requires breathing, etc - all at normal human levels. In weapon form shes less vulnerable, but loses smell, taste, directional hearing, depth perception, color perception, temperature, and so on - the primary non-smell senses are there, but a lot of the complexity and bandwidth is lost.

Oh geez.
Return to human form mostly, but keep my blade out, and use it as well as any hand or footholds I can manage to grab to attempt to slow/stop my fall.
but if I fall off the cliff entirely, I'll return to weapon form to try to minimize the damage I'm about to incur.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 15, 2019, 08:40:26 pm »

Eh, no problem.

Since my wings are still working at the moment, swing around again and try to gently catch the weapon out of the air.  If it's in weapon form, grab with my claws.  If it's a human, try to catch on my back.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 16, 2019, 10:38:19 am »

Tempting offer, really but for now I'll have to decline falling into the void. Better just start dragging people away from the cliff to keep more people from being lemmings
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 16, 2019, 11:24:17 am »

Oh my word what's with all the falling lately?
A void huh? Try to grab Gwyn before she falls off the edge. If Freddy beats me to it then I should thank him eventually. By the way, is there a visible bottom in the chasm?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 21, 2019, 11:53:35 pm »

I don't remember if you have any kind of view at all in weapon form.
In human form she has a sense of smell, requires breathing, etc - all at normal human levels. In weapon form shes less vulnerable, but loses smell, taste, directional hearing, depth perception, color perception, temperature, and so on - the primary non-smell senses are there, but a lot of the complexity and bandwidth is lost.

Oh geez.
Return to human form mostly, but keep my blade out, and use it as well as any hand or footholds I can manage to grab to attempt to slow/stop my fall.
but if I fall off the cliff entirely, I'll return to weapon form to try to minimize the damage I'm about to incur.

(5) you manage to hook the plateau and stay on terra frozen. It feels like a week went by in this oh so brief moment.

Eh, no problem.

Since my wings are still working at the moment, swing around again and try to gently catch the weapon out of the air.  If it's in weapon form, grab with my claws.  If it's a human, try to catch on my back.
You loop around, but since she catches herself before becoming fully airborne, you leave her on the plateau. You feel pretty good about your wings and have the sense that they will bear you aloft for a while without risk. Cold as it is, flying feels good, and you feel you can remain airborne for a while before needing to take extra measures against the weather.

Tempting offer, really but for now I'll have to decline falling into the void. Better just start dragging people away from the cliff to keep more people from being lemmings
Peopel are already spending most of their time one the inner side of the plateau, digging out their campsite, equipment, and coworkers. You stand guard, clearly announcing that the cliff is dangerous and everyone should stay way from it. (1) Like, three people stride over to ask you what you said, as a sudden gust of wind drowned out your voice. so now there are four of you standing there, mere feet from the ledge.

Oh my word what's with all the falling lately?
A void huh? Try to grab Gwyn before she falls off the edge. If Freddy beats me to it then I should thank him eventually. By the way, is there a visible bottom in the chasm?

There is a visible bottom. Yo are on the side of a very large mountain. The sheer drop looks to go down a couple hundred feet before the sides of the mountain slope outward again. Beyond that, there are ridges, crevasses, and valleys. You look down, then out and down, and out and further down, and out and further down. Then up the face of the mountains nearby. Wherever you are, it's all giant frozen mountains for miles and miles.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 22, 2019, 12:03:28 am »

This is not fun.
return to full weapon form to pout and hide from the cold.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 22, 2019, 04:44:37 am »

Fly around, enjoying my momentary freedom again.  Look for buried supplies and stuff at the bottom of the cliff.  Anything that looks important?  Secondly, are there any shinies?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 22, 2019, 09:22:15 am »

Just back away fr the cliff and check to see how bad the path forwards is going to be
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 23, 2019, 02:17:27 pm »

Head over and retrieve Gwyn. Seems like it shouldn't be a problem now...
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 85