Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155303 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #495 on: October 03, 2018, 07:04:29 pm »

vlad would buy the full kit (9 coins left), heis looking for a way to store the fleshlady's magic in some kind of spell or enchantment. He also wants to see if there is a way for that magic to synergize with his.
"Do you have any magic based on runes, carved or burned into materials or flesh, or any other such means to transmit flesh and magic together, much akin to that one lady?"
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 08:20:46 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 03, 2018, 07:13:37 pm »

To learn the spell. How am I even to go about gaining a Spellcasting skill? Last I heard was how magic depended on the user.
Presumably you buy it with a specialization slot.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 03, 2018, 08:18:30 pm »

((Lenglon pays close attention, watching for SuperDino to post whilst attempting to do research into Konger (who she has not paid sufficient attention to in the past apparently) by reading the charsheet thread and previous mission activity... her findings thus far have been actually reasonably satisfying, though of course there isn't a perfect match.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 04, 2018, 11:28:01 am »

Briefly ponder if I would need any sort of protection from cold weather, as I am more like to an Elemental naturally made of the element of Iron and not a mechanical construct built with with iron gears and the like. While there might be a slight structural difference between both, the material (iron) is still the same.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 05, 2018, 04:04:38 pm »

Willingly accept the device
Ok, thanks....What is it?(sees a little girl approaching)Does it have to do with this person?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 06:19:42 pm by SuperDino85 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 05, 2018, 04:54:49 pm »

When the gorilla takes my control crystal from the officer, I release the officer and stop hiding from the room behind him, and instead slip behind my wielder and hide from the room behind my wielder.

((Konger, that's you by the way. the little girl is letting go of the officer and is attempting to put you between her and the majority of the room, and to stay within arm's reach or closer, maybe grabbing your fur a little, somewhat similar to how she was holding the officer's shirt earlier.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 05, 2018, 05:00:10 pm »

See about getting a sandwich or some other kind of food suitable for eating on the go, then proceed hesitantly towards wherever mission stuff is handled.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 05, 2018, 06:10:32 pm »

When the gorilla takes my control crystal from the officer, I release the officer and stop hiding from the room behind him, and instead slip behind my wielder and hide from the room behind my wielder.

((Konger, that's you by the way. the little girl is letting go of the officer and is attempting to put you between her and the majority of the room, and to stay within arm's reach or closer, maybe grabbing your fur a little, somewhat similar to how she was holding the officer's shirt earlier.))

((Thanks for explain that to me Lenglon)) Action edited
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 06:22:46 pm by SuperDino85 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 06, 2018, 02:18:04 pm »

To learn the spell. How am I even to go about gaining a Spellcasting skill? Last I heard was how magic depended on the user.
you need to get a spec slot for spellcasting. Your character has an Affinity to Wind Magic, but no skills or specs dedicated, to it, so you use a sort of wild, untrained version right now.

vlad would buy the full kit (9 coins left), heis looking for a way to store the fleshlady's magic in some kind of spell or enchantment. He also wants to see if there is a way for that magic to synergize with his.
"Do you have any magic based on runes, carved or burned into materials or flesh, or any other such means to transmit flesh and magic together, much akin to that one lady?"
equipment bought. "taking the magic from one being and using it yourself is a tricky affair and prone to instabilities or loss of efficiency and power. There are always work-arounds. There are flesh inscribed runes that could mimic the effect, or others that could more or less replicate the magic. But to take someone else' magic and contain it in yourself, well, generally speaking you will end up with a reservoir of magic that must be replenished by going back to the source. You could add another rune to bind the source to yourself, but trapping another's soul in your own body is always a finicky matter. So, if you are looking for a specific effect, we can probably replicate that, but if you are specifically looking to draw another's magic out of them, well, that will be a bigger challenge.

Briefly ponder if I would need any sort of protection from cold weather, as I am more like to an Elemental naturally made of the element of Iron and not a mechanical construct built with with iron gears and the like. While there might be a slight structural difference between both, the material (iron) is still the same.
You think you'd probably be fine in general against the weather as is. probably don't want to stand out in the wind and rain at night in subzero weather, but it's not going to kill you.

Willingly accept the device
Ok, thanks....What is it?(sees a little girl approaching)Does it have to do with this person?

"This is a control device. The young lady is a weapon, and you are now her wielder, as long as you have the control device on your person. The device has a range of about fifty feet (meters? I forget) outside of Omega Base. As long as she is within that range, she will follow your commands faithfully. Once outside of that range, she will act on her own whims. You should take some time to get to know your new weapon's capabilities before the mission. We hope you get a chance to test her out more fully in the field as well. Any questions?"

See about getting a sandwich or some other kind of food suitable for eating on the go, then proceed hesitantly towards wherever mission stuff is handled.
you get some hard tack and some bread and a leathery meat-like slab of something, then go to prepare. You going on the cold weather campaign? Probably ought to gear up for it.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 06, 2018, 02:34:15 pm »

Nope. Thanks for the information. I guess I better get practicing then
Go to a spot where I can’t really break anything useful and practice using my new “weapon”

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 06, 2018, 02:44:27 pm »

More talking and that rune soul idea sounds fun
"It seems she's used to having one's soul in her body, at least from what I garnered speaking with her and the incident that lead to her having to be brough back. I am sure that such a possibility would not be necessarily bad. How much would such a thing cost?"
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 09:08:33 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 06, 2018, 02:45:44 pm »

((feet. she has to stay pretty close. 15.24 meters = 50ft in case you prefer the metric system.))
I silently follow my wielder around as he walks towards ((the arena? that's probably the best place for weapon experimentation.)) Once we arrive at our destination I wait and tilt my head to my right a little, seeing what he wants to do or have me do.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 06, 2018, 03:10:32 pm »

Bruford gives a passing glance at the strange gorilla-living weapon duo as they walk towards the arena.

"Bruford doesn't understand why the weapon has to look so alive when it's made to kill. Whatever, Bruford prefer axes."

Talking about weapons, I'm kinda hoping I manage to collect enough coins for one before the next mission starts. Does anyone else at Omega needs a job done? Do small jobs, I just need a few more for something decent.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 06, 2018, 04:36:29 pm »

Wander around looking for something that smells tasty until I get tried or someone rounds me up for the mission.

(Well, you could always go with hitting people with other people.)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 05:09:51 pm by Devastator »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 06, 2018, 10:49:24 pm »

Nope. Thanks for the information. I guess I better get practicing then
Go to a spot where I can’t really break anything useful and practice using my new “weapon”

((Erm, i'm waiting on your response, was hoping to RP the practice session.))
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 85