Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155392 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #435 on: September 06, 2018, 09:32:43 am »

"Well it was more the brand. But yeah, the walls are a part of it. As for your cell, well...we sort of maybe accidentally dragged a city here. So, these voices, what were they? What did they say? Why eas I deemed an eater of sorrows? Anything you know or remember about the incident and of the omega legion and its brand as a whole will be greatly appreciated"
Give the lady 5 coins
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 02:50:02 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 06, 2018, 09:39:35 am »

Rouse myself, slip into the connected room, and quietly wait in an out of the way corner, observing my wielder without interfering.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 06, 2018, 09:48:57 am »

Look at the orb and kinda examine it from the distance I’m at and try to decide if it’s dangerous

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 06, 2018, 11:45:35 am »

Bruford, Iron Golem.

Continue stomping around and trying to get the dragon's attention. I want it to drop the ball so I can play catch with it.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 06, 2018, 02:09:38 pm »

(I'd recommend either using your words or moving the ball then, random.  Picking up the ball and throwing it should get him to play fetch, for instance.)

(Also, I think we determined that while Freddie is big enough to carry Kongor, he's big enough to impede Freddie's movements, and if he was fully functional, it would still be difficult for him to take off and exhausting for him to fly around while carrying Kongor.  Kongor's a bit below a third of Freddie's mass.)

Well, if it looks like yummy I gotta see how it tastes.

Let's go slow by licking the ball first.  If it's yummy get that main sphere inna mouth where I can suck on it.  If it feels bad, spit it out and just push the ball around with my nose.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 04:40:32 pm by Devastator »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 07, 2018, 11:37:38 am »

"Reply: An excellent beginning, this one thinks.

Pondering: This one was covered in the epoxy for the mission that went to retrieve her, and can tell you that her acid does damage it. This was only a brief encounter, and the acid damaged the epoxy covering this one in several places. Knowing this, do we think that the epoxy and ceramic combo would be enough to withstand sustained contact with the acid? Or perhaps we need additional measures to ensure the structural safety of the room?

Further brainstorming: Shaping the room to deaden sound is definitely a good implementation. However, this one wonders if it will be enough to stop all of her magic from leaking out. The immediate effects of her magic are a concern, of course, but the long-term effects from even a minute leak concern this one. Perhaps having some active dampeners or some kind of nullifying counter-sound or magic would be a feasible implementation?

Grumbling addendum: Even though this one is not allowed to simply end the subject from the get-go, this one would still wish to lobby for a sort of failsafe. We cannot afford her escaping again. Should the containment implementations fail, we need some kind of system in place to terminate the subject, rather than risk another incident such as recently happened. Any suggestions?"

Converse with my team, make sure everyone get their turn to give their thoughts.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 07, 2018, 01:02:47 pm »

Back up far away from the crackling.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 09, 2018, 01:59:27 am »

"Oh... bye."

Thrips turns and tentatively makes his way up to the desk, fidgeting apprehensively.

Go to the desk! Prepare to answer questions!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 09, 2018, 01:54:48 pm »

"Well it was more the brand. But yeah, the walls are a part of it. As for your cell, well...we sort of maybe accidentally dragged a city here. So, these voices, what were they? What did they say? Why eas I deemed an eater of sorrows? Anything you know or remember about the incident and of the omega legion and its brand as a whole will be greatly appreciated"
Give the lady 5 coins
"Ah, so that city was - is now here at Omega? oh, wow. The voices ... probably those from teh city, I guess. I suppose if I called you eater of sorrows, it's because I was in pain and you made the pain less. Probably quieted some of the voices. The voices carried a lot of pain.

If the Brand took, you, well, I don't know much, but when a Branded Omega dies, their voice is different than when someone else dies. The Brand echos with them.

Coins? What are these? Why are you giving me these?"

Rouse myself, slip into the connected room, and quietly wait in an out of the way corner, observing my wielder without interfering.
He's got something in his mouth, like a tool brush. Maybe he's cleaning the sand out of his system? after a little bit he seems satisfied with that and rinses his mouth, but doesn't put any oil in it. He does smear something over his face and takes a small blade and begins dragging it around in the stuff.

Look at the orb and kinda examine it from the distance I’m at and try to decide if it’s dangerous
(1) Seems fine. Freddie seems to like it. Check Bruford's action for more.

Bruford, Iron Golem.

Continue stomping around and trying to get the dragon's attention. I want it to drop the ball so I can play catch with it.
(6) you stomp over and stomp on the ball. This has the effect of breaking the connection between Freddie and the tendrils he was mouthing. It also has the effect of flattening the ball, which squeals in protest. A sharp vibration rockets up through the sole of your foot, up your leg, and into your naval region. You look at your foot. It is illuminated by a bright pink halo. Tiny traces of pink and blue foxfire leak out around the edges. (6) The ball rebounds, throwing your foot off and sending tendrils wrapping around and up your leg (5) yo u stumble back, and fall into the stands around the arena, knocking the low wall between the stands and the arena apart and crushing the low benches. This causes the ball to launch to teh opposite side of the arena, glowing fiercely and crackling with electric power.

(I'd recommend either using your words or moving the ball then, random.  Picking up the ball and throwing it should get him to play fetch, for instance.)

(Also, I think we determined that while Freddie is big enough to carry Kongor, he's big enough to impede Freddie's movements, and if he was fully functional, it would still be difficult for him to take off and exhausting for him to fly around while carrying Kongor.  Kongor's a bit below a third of Freddie's mass.)

Well, if it looks like yummy I gotta see how it tastes.

Let's go slow by licking the ball first.  If it's yummy get that main sphere inna mouth where I can suck on it.  If it feels bad, spit it out and just push the ball around with my nose.

The Giant stomped on it fell down, and kicked it across the arena. Gonna go after it?

Back up far away from the crackling.
(5) you scoot away to the side of the arena, just in time as the stomping golem loses a battle with a plasma ball and falls on it's giant metal ass. the ball launches across the arena to the other side. Just to be extra safe, you dive over the low wall, ball up, and cover your head.

"Reply: An excellent beginning, this one thinks.

Pondering: This one was covered in the epoxy for the mission that went to retrieve her, and can tell you that her acid does damage it. This was only a brief encounter, and the acid damaged the epoxy covering this one in several places. Knowing this, do we think that the epoxy and ceramic combo would be enough to withstand sustained contact with the acid? Or perhaps we need additional measures to ensure the structural safety of the room?

Further brainstorming: Shaping the room to deaden sound is definitely a good implementation. However, this one wonders if it will be enough to stop all of her magic from leaking out. The immediate effects of her magic are a concern, of course, but the long-term effects from even a minute leak concern this one. Perhaps having some active dampeners or some kind of nullifying counter-sound or magic would be a feasible implementation?

Grumbling addendum: Even though this one is not allowed to simply end the subject from the get-go, this one would still wish to lobby for a sort of failsafe. We cannot afford her escaping again. Should the containment implementations fail, we need some kind of system in place to terminate the subject, rather than risk another incident such as recently happened. Any suggestions?"

Converse with my team, make sure everyone get their turn to give their thoughts.
"We figure runic enchantments can reinforce the ceramic protection from the acid. might be good to have a drainage or absorptive system in place too."
"the asylum might have something to help with the voices."
"A feedback system might amplify her stress. Maybe something pre-emptive, like mood music or something."
"Yeah, but you can deaden sound by echoing it back at itself, so maybe it wouldn't be a feedback loop."
"I wonder if we can drain her magic, or turn it off?"
"If we could do that, we wouldn't need the containment. She could go out like a normal Omega."
"I still think transmutation is the way to go. Can't absorb flesh if she isn't flesh."
"We've been over that. there's no telling what that will do to her mind. Could cause another Aginville."
"I'm not convinced Aginville was as bad as you keep claiming. besides, that was a back-water village of normal people. this is Omega. we have resources they didn't."

At your mention of a failsafe, everyone kinda quiets down and looks around at each other uncomfortably.

"Oh... bye."

Thrips turns and tentatively makes his way up to the desk, fidgeting apprehensively.

Go to the desk! Prepare to answer questions!
The questions are rather boring ones: name, race, former occupation. Cause of incarceration. Where were you during the recent crisis. how many appendages am I wiggling. What kind of skills and abilities do you have, including traits unique to your race. Yo answer them all with a stammer, brows furrowed. once finished, they dismiss you with a wave. they don't even point to the door or anything.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 09, 2018, 02:19:13 pm »

Approach the ball. Be ready for if it attacks

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 09, 2018, 04:22:10 pm »

Carefully and silently study the probable maintenance procedure. I may need to mimic it to maintain my human appearance sometime in the future.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 09, 2018, 05:10:26 pm »

"You might be able to get something from those. Least I can do for the information you have given. If ou are ever out of this cell, do find me, I owe you a favor too."
Get up and walk out

((What can I do withh that sub skill point again?)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 08:16:28 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 09, 2018, 06:50:03 pm »

"Freddy, Catch!"

Go grab the ball and throw it really far away!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 09, 2018, 08:07:39 pm »

Kongor's still on my back, so not so fast.

Head over to the ball.  Mostly, head away from the clumsy giant golem, but in the general direction of the ball.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 10, 2018, 08:46:11 am »

Continue my duck and cover. Listen and make sure I don't get hit by that thing.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 85