Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155430 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #420 on: August 29, 2018, 08:00:23 am »

Bruford, Iron Golem.

Wait for the gnome to return. Do I have eyes to cover with my hands? At least try.

If the ball is very sparkly, it's definitely going to be enough to distract and lure the dragon.

(Forgot to include the name.)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:40:28 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 29, 2018, 08:14:49 am »

"Mhumum."
I shift back and yawn, fully relaxed, as I dry and re-dress myself.
"That was really nice. You're good at this."
If he lets me Im gonna hold his arm and just wander along half-awake. If I sit, lie down, or am put into a weapons rack then I'll probably just go to sleep. I'm relaxed, sleepy, and happy.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 29, 2018, 10:01:28 am »

Roar my victory before landing and putting the cat-thing down.  What's next?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 29, 2018, 07:44:38 pm »

if the cat is in imminent danger, free the cat. If not, tease Freddy by grabbing his tail

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 30, 2018, 10:01:24 am »

Clunkers whirrs and clanks for a moment.

"Baffled query: This one does not understand. You mentioned that she is not in control of her powers, that they are steadily growing more out of control. This one knows this, because this one was part of the retrieval mission and saw the destruction to the town firsthand. And, by your own admission:

Begin playback:
"Now, her magic leaks. Her sonic magic, if left unchecked, cold render the entire base mad, eating away at our minds over time."End playback.

Musing: Let us assume that this rag tag bunch of individuals we call the Legion is some kind of family, as you put it. Then surely you can see that this is an element that cannot be sustained? She is a defective cog in the machine, as it were. Trying so desperately to keep her in the family, even after what already has happened, would mean the eventual ruin of the entire familial group.

Statement: This one continues to believe that removal of the subject is in the best interest of the Legion. Removal of the threat nullifies the risks that mere containment inevitably brings with it, and seems in the best interest of the legion as a hole.

Begrudging addendum: However, this one is bound to servitude, and cannot disobey orders from a direct superior."

Converse some more.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 03, 2018, 12:34:57 am »

Freddie and friends, see the bottom of the post for sparkly adventures.

Talking
"Yeah. That's probably the most fitting term. What ever happened, I'm no longer alive. I have no pulse and have lost skin before.
"So you got eaten and ... what? Pooped out like this? What kind of creature would do such a thing?"

Bruford, Iron Golem.

Wait for the gnome to return. Do I have eyes to cover with my hands? At least try.

If the ball is very sparkly, it's definitely going to be enough to distract and lure the dragon.

(Forgot to include the name.)
I don't know, do you have eyes? I'd assume so, since you've been getting around and seeing things.

"Mhumum."
I shift back and yawn, fully relaxed, as I dry and re-dress myself.
"That was really nice. You're good at this."
If he lets me Im gonna hold his arm and just wander along half-awake. If I sit, lie down, or am put into a weapons rack then I'll probably just go to sleep. I'm relaxed, sleepy, and happy.
"Thank you. I do have some experience. Don't usually get feedback though. Except that one sword, but he was a bit of an ass."
You hold onto his arm as he tidies the place up before walking through Omega. He is interrupted in his walk several times by other beings discussing various things that you don't really care about or understand. You wake up later on a floor mat next to an unmade bed, no idea how you got there. The room is dark and cool. There are curtains over one stone wall, with light leaking around the edges. A sound in the opposite direction draws your attention - someone is moving about in a connected room.

Roar my victory before landing and putting the cat-thing down.  What's next?
(3) you land with a harder thump than you intend, causing the catperson to squeak rather amusingly. You let go and it lays there, gasping for air for a moment.
You hear a startled 'ook' and turn your head to see Kongor wrestling with your tail. You didn't feel that. hmm.

if the cat is in imminent danger, free the cat. If not, tease Freddy by grabbing his tail
Well, Freddie lands and lets the cat go. it's still alive, you think, so you attempt to grab the thrashing tail. (3) It's trickier than you expected, but you manage to get your arms around it as it writhes in your grip. You meant to tease the Dragon, but ended up struggling to contain the tail.

Clunkers whirrs and clanks for a moment.

"Baffled query: This one does not understand. You mentioned that she is not in control of her powers, that they are steadily growing more out of control. This one knows this, because this one was part of the retrieval mission and saw the destruction to the town firsthand. And, by your own admission:

Begin playback:
"Now, her magic leaks. Her sonic magic, if left unchecked, cold render the entire base mad, eating away at our minds over time."End playback.

Musing: Let us assume that this rag tag bunch of individuals we call the Legion is some kind of family, as you put it. Then surely you can see that this is an element that cannot be sustained? She is a defective cog in the machine, as it were. Trying so desperately to keep her in the family, even after what already has happened, would mean the eventual ruin of the entire familial group.

Statement: This one continues to believe that removal of the subject is in the best interest of the Legion. Removal of the threat nullifies the risks that mere containment inevitably brings with it, and seems in the best interest of the legion as a hole.

Begrudging addendum: However, this one is bound to servitude, and cannot disobey orders from a direct superior."

Converse some more.

"Yes, well ... I was having lunch with an officer once a while back during a rather boring mission. We were in a city known for political intrigue and causing trouble to the Kingdom. the whole County was a mess, with brigands and thieves and The Rot.I asked 'Why do we tolerate this place? The Queen should just send the Army and be done with it!'"

He frowns in thought. "I don't remember what he said exactly, but it as along the lines of 'Every part is important and part of the whole. We prefer to cure rather than to cut off. Besides, that coice is out of our hands - the Queen has ordered us here, and that's that.'

anyway, I think the idea was that we try to fix things before just writing them off as useless. That, or we just let Omega itself slip into the Void, right? Anyway, get to work, eh?"

[size=14]Gnomish Funball[/size]
"I brought it!" Shouts a gnome from up on a balcony.
And with that, his head disappears back behind hte balcony rail, and something sparkly appears over the edge. It slowly rolls up and over before falling straight down into the arena. It looks like the inside of a plasma ball - all glowing pink and blue tentacles surrounding a central sphere. tiny little sparkles of energy flicker among theslowly moving tendrils. The Ball lands along the side of the arena with a sudden brilliant flash

Bruford has his eyes covered so he just hears the dull whumph of something hitting the dirt
(4) Kongor is likewise unaffected due to his attention being rather diverted at the moment
(5) Freddie is looking at Kongor so all he sees is the entire arena ligthing up in disco style, but brighter. Everything goes multicolored.
(3) Catperson, already stunned and breathless, is disoriented by the sudden flash, with after images dancing in his already spotty vision.

The Ball sits, The central core held up by the lower tendrils which seem to constantly be in motion caressing the floor while the otehr tendrils wave around, sometimes stretching out double before flickering back to their usual length.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 03, 2018, 01:21:32 am »

Thrips, human

>Continue waiting in line. Fidget a bit.
Surreptitiously inspect some of my fellow queue members. If any of them look reasonably sane and
harmless not overly likely to tear out my spleen if provoked, maybe... work up the nerve to engage in some idle small talk?

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 03, 2018, 02:44:28 am »

((Affinity to cooking magic sounds sweet.))

Freddie, cyborg Red Drake.

Spin around and try to get the gorilla airborne.  Stop if the Gnomish Funball gets sufficiently distracting.

If it is, the old Freddie would try to put it in his mouth.  What does the new Freddie think about that idea?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 02:53:49 am by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 03, 2018, 07:12:18 am »

Conversation
Vlad frowned, raising his arms and gesturing about
"Look around you. Understand my situation, why I want to know how you were able to escape in a manner unable to be controlled. I wish to make sense of my plight and the magic here"
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 09:20:28 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 03, 2018, 09:21:17 am »

Spin around and try to get the gorilla airborne.  Stop if the Gnomish Funball gets sufficiently distracting.

If it is, the old Freddie would try to put it in his mouth.  What does the new Freddie think about that idea?

Use the momentum produced by said movement to do some ridiculous stunt that allows me enough maneuverability to land on the dragon’s back

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 03, 2018, 09:42:37 am »

Bruford, Iron Golem.

I don't know, I assumed that since I was technically an iron elemental I only had magical senses and not any actual organs or even facial features.

Try stomping around to make enough noise to distract the dragon and make it focus on the ball.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 03, 2018, 03:31:59 pm »

Close my eyes and listen. Far better than my uneven sight right now.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 04, 2018, 02:36:31 pm »

Where is my crystal? In the room im hearing movement or elsewhere?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 05, 2018, 08:10:00 am »

"Reply: This one does not agree, but is forced to obey." Clunkers says, tone slightly colder than usual.

Meet up with the team, or at least the people responsible for the temporary room. Check if they have made any progress or have any ideas about a permanent solution already.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 06, 2018, 08:46:17 am »

Thrips, human

>Continue waiting in line. Fidget a bit.
Surreptitiously inspect some of my fellow queue members. If any of them look reasonably sane and
harmless not overly likely to tear out my spleen if provoked, maybe... work up the nerve to engage in some idle small talk?

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
(3) Thrips looks about and spots a gruff, sleepy looking guy who seems bored of the whole process. Not seeing any apparent weaponry, Thrips stammers. "S-so. Nice rocks we have these days, amirite?" A look of utter confusion adorns the guy's face. "Huh? Uh, they're calling you. Looks like you're next in line, guy."

(1) Freddie starts to spin, but immediately stops, mesmerized by the orb. He knows he should be wary of the thing, but it looks like yummy, so off he heads to put it in his mouth: (4) Freddie noses the tentacles that dance around the central orb, which sits below eye level for him. As soon as his nose touches one of the tentacles, The tentacle immediately brightens and dances around the spot of contact. small tentacles arc out from the main one and race around Freddie's beak before melding back into the main tentacle.All the other glowing bits dim a bit, and the central sphere drops lower to the ground.

Use the momentum produced by said movement to do some ridiculous stunt that allows me enough maneuverability to land on the dragon’s back
(3) Freddie fails to get you airborne as he becomes distracted by the glowy ball. You take the opportunity to crawl up onto his back anyway. All your fur stands on end, and sparks race back and forth between you and Freddie.

Conversation
Vlad frowned, raising his arms and gesturing about
"Look around you. Understand my situation, why I want to know how you were able to escape in a manner unable to be controlled. I wish to make sense of my plight and the magic here"
"What? the walls ate you? My cell cracked, and suddenly, a thousand voices were in my head. It gets confusing after that. I don't know what happened - why my cell was damaged.

Bruford, Iron Golem.

I don't know, I assumed that since I was technically an iron elemental I only had magical senses and not any actual organs or even facial features.

Try stomping around to make enough noise to distract the dragon and make it focus on the ball.

Feel free to mark that in your character sheet then. Also, bad idea to 'assume' anything about your character that isn't written. THe GM tends to interpret things like that differently than the player expects, most times. Anyway, you go to stomp, but, the dragon is already focused on the ball, so you just sort of kick up dust for a bit.

Close my eyes and listen. Far better than my uneven sight right now.
(6) you hear a low hum. Momentarily, the low hum changes to a louder, vibrating hum, with some weird cracklingmixed in. And then the stomping begins and you hear that. "Damn it, Bruford! I can't hear myself think over your racket!"

Where is my crystal? In the room im hearing movement or elsewhere?
Your Crystal is in the room with the movement. Must be your handler in there, doing whatever it is humans do in the morning.

"Reply: This one does not agree, but is forced to obey." Clunkers says, tone slightly colder than usual.

Meet up with the team, or at least the people responsible for the temporary room. Check if they have made any progress or have any ideas about a permanent solution already.
You meet the team. There are several labor types, a couple wizards, an alchemist, and some Gnomes there as advisors. You are explicitly told beforehand that the Gnomes are to advise only, and under no circumstance are they to handle the equipment, materials, or person to be contained. Some kind of plant creature is there, as is a construct being shaped like an oil drum on it's side. "We intend to make the walls, floor and ceiling corrosion resistant by simply covering them in ceramic and epoxy. We think that shaping the room to deaden sound will help with both the sonic magic, and the mental echos. We think this might have a better effect than the nullifiers she was forced to wear before. Plus, it gives us more flexibility to add additional countermeasures, and to study her powers in a more natural state. Have you any suggestions?"
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 85