Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155416 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #405 on: August 19, 2018, 03:11:26 am »

Go get the oil I need, and come back to my wielder.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 22, 2018, 06:35:29 am »

((Sorry, forgot to post an action. I didn't knew the huge cyborg chaos dragon was the "kid"))

Ask the gnomes if they have anything that could be used as a ball.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 22, 2018, 06:39:13 am »

No update for a little bit. I've been under the weather a bit. I'll try to get going again this weekend.

Thanks for being a part of this game, guys. I've been enjoying it a lot.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 22, 2018, 06:53:42 am »

No update for a little bit. I've been under the weather a bit. I'll try to get going again this weekend.

Thanks for being a part of this game, guys. I've been enjoying it a lot.
Eyy, hope you get better Oz
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 22, 2018, 12:40:37 pm »

-snip-
No worries. Get well soon, my dude.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 26, 2018, 02:29:31 am »

Thrips stifles a yawn and shuffles a bit further forwards in the queue.
He looks about himself with a rather tired gaze, though not without and undercurrent of wariness still. His once-fine coat, salvaged during a mission some time ago, is now a ragged mess: the lower part of the much-too-large garment now worn away and irreparably stained from dragging along the ground and occasionally being trodden on.
His boots, likewise claimed as loot on the same mission, have fared similarly; losing all trace of their original flashiness. Beneath it, though, there remains a well-made and sturdy pair of boots that have held up well enough, though on Thrips they reach almost to the knee and make his gait comically exaggerated.

He peeks around the person or creature in front of him, blinking a couple of times to get his depth perception back in order as he tries to gauge how much longer he's likely to be waiting.

Idly observe my surroundings whilst waiting in the census line.

Approximately how much time has passed since I first came to Omega? Have I any idea? It's not overly important, just wondering.

You're in a large room with a low ceiling supported by stone pillars. the lighting appears to be bioluminescence from containers hung on the walls and pillars. Brighter lighting is evident in the open space near the census desk, but it's source is not apparent from your position. The Omegas waiting for census look rather standard low level types overall. Some don't look fit to take on missions, while others look haggard, tired, or a little too young and fresh.

I haven't a clue how long it's been since Thrips joined. I never really kept a timeline.

Frederick - Crippled cyborg two-legged dragon.

After some introductions with the Jungle Feyline, attempt a non-lethal wing-assisted tackle.  (bounce towards it, and flap wings to close the distance faster.)
Waits for Response from the dragon.
(2) v (2)Freddie atempts to lung forward. His wings spread out wide and he stumbles, sliding nose first into the Feyline's knees.  The bump isn't with enough force to knock over the catthing, but the catthing is so startled by the attention that it attempts to step back, catching a foot under Freddie's jaw and falling on its ass anyway. Freddie turns his head and growls petulantly at his traitorous wings. Continued in everyone else's actions. Of special note is, during your game of tag, you are definitely alerted to the presence of the balls, thanks to the loudness of the brass sphere.

Hmm, let's see. I count four or five bolded actions from Tric. Since it's both RP and attempting to interact with Freddie, I'll allow it. Most relevant post is this one, I think:
Main issue seems to be communication..

Now that I have it's attention, beckon it with my hands, then move back a few steps, and point towards it.
(Translation, a game of tag to get it used to moving. Use Wind Step to boost my speed.)

Wind Step,
Drawing upon my own knowledge of Magic, I use the Wind to boost my Movement Speed and Dexterous Footwork.

End Result, better movement across open terrain, and increased speed across it.

(4) you channel magic and hop up, leaping away from Freddie. You gain a sudden brief spurt of speed and leap about fifteen feet back.
Freddie climbs up (apparently this was what Dev's bolded action was in regard to) and tries once more to tackle: (3) v (5) Freddie makes a sort of loping, clomping progress, wings spread awkwardly. He crosses the ground between at a slow jog, and the catthing easily stays ahead, out of reach.

take a moment to consider just how I would “entertain” or “educate” the child
(2) You could play cards with it, maybe/ You hear that's a thing humans in cities do. Maybe dragons like card games. You look at the catthing playing tag with Freddie, and at the giant asking for a ball. Nope, no ideas there. huh.

((Sorry, forgot to post an action. I didn't knew the huge cyborg chaos dragon was the "kid"))

Ask the gnomes if they have anything that could be used as a ball.
"We have many items of a spherical nature." a gnome runs off. After a few minutes, she returns with a cart and several otehr gnomes, who wheel the art around to face away from the arena. They shove three large wooden balls off the cart, which roll and bounce down the steps. After these, a three foot wide brass sphere is shoved off as well. It bounces down the stairs, clanging louder with each strike, to land with a Bang amidst the wooden balls, sending them scattering. Finally, a four foot wide ball made of some leathery looking substance is pushed out of the cart. it lands with a thud at the top of the arena stairs, and remains there.

Go and find the Interim Containment Facilityand locate "Chips". Tell him I've been sent to possibly aid in rebuilding some containment or another.
You arrive, loate a man who looks exactly like a master architect/builder would look, and declare your intentions. He eyes you thoughtfully for a moment. "I'm sure you've been briefed on the situation, and i don't doubt your intelligence or memory, but lack of communication is an excellent way for mistakes to be made, so I a mgoing to explainthe situation as if you know nothing.
Spoiler: background stuff (click to show/hide)

So, we need a containment facility that can both withstand corrosive effects and can nullify, quiet, or counteract her sonic magic. Additionally, we need to monitor and carefully manage her physical being to ensure no sudden changes take place.

Currently we have her in a room enchanted against acids, with a white noise generator and as much soundproofing as we've been able to get on short notice. We've kept her drugged to dull her senses and calm her mind. As I am sure you can see, this is not a great solution. We need a better one. Questions?"

More talking
"I suppose the titles are meaningless, one was given by m' family the former perhaps fitting for how I heal people. I think they're all meaningless, though. A e're not important enough to be anything but expendable."
"Expendable? Yes, Omegas do tend to have a rather short life, don't we? But what's the alternative? An eternity, caged? Leave us alone to eat one another until none but the strongest, most insane are left? Not like all of us can be returned to society, or home ..."

Go get the oil I need, and come back to my wielder.
The girlgun goes ot the armorer and explains what she needs. "You need a grease that prevent sand from sticking to your parts. We have just what you need. Omega weapons must be kept in good working condition. Yes." The armorer buzzes energetically as it shuffles back into the warehouse and returns with a sealed container. "Properly applied, this should last you for quite a while. If you find it discoloring or giving off a strong, unusual odor, please return it to me immediately. Take care of your mechanisms and they will take care of you."With that, she heads back t the Officers' Country. When she returns, her handler is in another room - a workshop. He has a workbench set up with tools, cloths, clamps, basins, a step stool, and brushes. a large tub sits to the side, half filled with water - a sheet suspended along a line to separate the tub from the rest of the room. There's a reservoir above - another tub filled with water, with a small chain attached to a lever connected to a spout. "Alright, for your basic shower, you have the tub there. Close the curtain. People think it's strange when old men watch little girls bathe. Pull the chain to get water to stream down out of the top tub. Once you are satisfied, use the step stool and climb up on the bench here. Then transform and I'll get all your inner workings. "

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 26, 2018, 06:57:43 am »

try to get the dragon’s attention before he accidentally kills the cat

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 26, 2018, 01:01:31 pm »

Wooh! More talking
"Yeah, fair point, though why did you try to run then? I know I can't go, I know I am bound more deeply to the omega legion now since I was consumed and spat out by it for running off. Though it would be fun to return and laugh at those from home."
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 04:30:35 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 26, 2018, 01:21:59 pm »

One more bounce.  As before, try to help out with the damned rebellious wings.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 26, 2018, 01:40:28 pm »

Wind Step

Continue the Game, and hop on and amongst those balls as well.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 26, 2018, 01:56:47 pm »

Well, these balls are kinda bland. Do they have anything more colorful and shiny?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 26, 2018, 02:48:14 pm »

"Reply: This one has two questions, yes.

Query: First, what do you expect of this one? Is this one working alone, or has there been work done already?

Curious query: Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, why? You seem to go to an awful lot of trouble to keep this dangerous creature contained. Why not simple destroy it, and be rid of the possible danger?"

Converse

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 26, 2018, 02:57:33 pm »

"Thank you."
I iinternally verify that I've got no rounds chambered, undress and go shower, taking the time to clean every nook and cranny that I can, then get out and dry myself before walking up to the stepstool, climbing on top of the workbench, and shifting into weapon form.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 29, 2018, 07:26:04 am »

try to get the dragon’s attention before he accidentally kills the cat
(3) "yoo Hoo! Freddie! Over heeeeere~~~~~" You call out. Freddie notices you and heads your way. well, this is in part because the catthing bounds your direction, so maybe it's coincidence. Anyway, Freddie is aware that both of you are in the game now. You don't manage to prevent what happens next thoguh. See Dev and Tric's actions.

Wooh! More talking
"Yeah, fair point, though why did you try to run then? I know I can't go, I know I am bound more deeply to the omega legion now since I was consumed and spat out by it for running off. Though it would be fun to return and laugh at those from home."
"I don't know. I guess it was instinct or something. I wasn't really thinking about it, I just wanted to be outside. Free.

Did you say you got eaten?"
She looks up at you, eyebrows furrowed slightly, eyes more focused than they had been.

One more bounce.  As before, try to help out with the damned rebellious wings.
(5) you launch, using all four limbs simultaneously, and get airborne, arcing in a solid balistic trajectory diving at the catthing as it dodges. See tric's post for whether you catch them or not.

Wind Step

Continue the Game, and hop on and amongst those balls as well.
(4) you manage enough of a burst of wind to change your trajectory as the dragon gets airborne. (1) but, of course, as you attemptto land on the wooden ball, it rolls under you, dropping yuo on your back on top of the ball. You have just enough time to feel the sudden pain in your back before you are lifted in dragon's claws and carried, upside down, in a slow arc around the arena, Kongor the ape chasing you while waving his arms and hooting.

Well, these balls are kinda bland. Do they have anything more colorful and shiny?
"Oh, yes! We have something very sparkly! Very Sparkly indeed!" One of hte Gnomes says in excitement before disappearing down another passageway. there is a general, rising murmur of excitement among the remaining gnomes. Some don strange, dark goggles and take up position behind some of the low walls around the arena, some climb to higher and further concourses, and several shake their heads and leave the arena altogether, gathering up any loose possessions as they go.

"Reply: This one has two questions, yes.

Query: First, what do you expect of this one? Is this one working alone, or has there been work done already?

Curious query: Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, why? You seem to go to an awful lot of trouble to keep this dangerous creature contained. Why not simple destroy it, and be rid of the possible danger?"

Converse
"We are a tad short-handed, as you know, so you will be taking the lead on this project, under my supervision. You have access to all of Omega's resources that are on hand at the Base, including any personnel that are available. There has been some work on a temporary room, where she is currently staying, but it would probably be better to carve a new room out in a more fitting location. Finishing the current room is an option, though.

As for why, well, We are all beings that stood at the brink of destruction at one point, are we not? Omega was our escape from that. I guess you could say we ow e it to each other to try to save one another from destruction when possible. Well, there's that, and the fact that, I guess we grow accustomed to each other, you know?"
He pauses, looking sad.
" i don't really know myself, but some say Omega is like a family. A really messed up one, I guess. I don't know."

"Thank you."
I iinternally verify that I've got no rounds chambered, undress and go shower, taking the time to clean every nook and cranny that I can, then get out and dry myself before walking up to the stepstool, climbing on top of the workbench, and shifting into weapon form.
Her handler works with deft hands and a familiarity with the tools. He is thorough and patient, reciting a checklist of actions as he goes. She is poked, prodded, flipped, scrubbed, brushed, and thoroughly greased, wiped down with a cloth, checked, and double checked. "Alright, just like new. You can transform back." He says, tossing a towel at you.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 29, 2018, 07:53:28 am »

Talking
"Yeah. That's probably the most fitting term. What ever happened, I'm no longer alive. I have no pulse and have lost skin before.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 85