Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155477 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #330 on: August 10, 2018, 02:34:00 pm »

Helped calm down the target with magic. Kept her attention while Clunkers did his thing (that basically singlehandedly won the mission.) Did not attempt to murder the target for not reason. Didn't blind everyone with a sack full of flashbangs. Didn't cause massive property damage. Didn't harm team mates directly or indirectly.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 02:36:19 pm by Egan_BW »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 11, 2018, 04:32:53 pm »

((How I into new character sheet??))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 11, 2018, 07:37:47 pm »

Kinda helped in navigating towards the target?
Did the magic thingamajings to make the target dormant
Did more magic thingamajing to give the target back control of themselves
Did magic phonecall to convince the target I (and by extention, Omega) are friends
Participated in the last run to capture/collect target, though unsure of how important said participation was
delivered target to base

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 12, 2018, 10:24:07 am »

Bruford didn't fall over the rest of his teammates, didn't crush any civilians, completely annihilated the fleshmonster in melee with his fists and was part of a deathgrunge guitar band.
1 substat point for squashing the fleshhorror

do the work for the quartermaster, note to myself if I see parts for myself or something related to me, vanilla get, take to kitchen, vanilla dropoff, then go to my control crystal to report in, as per my instructions.
"Alright, is there anything you'd like to do between now and the chef's next workshift?"

Helped lead the way to the flesh horror, Did some healing and helped Chase after and corner her when she ran and carry her back, please ignore my part in the shit show starting by exploding a bunch of flash bangs

1 substat point for exploding the sonics and doing the healings. 5 coin as well.

I'm game to that trick now.  Char the leg up good to break down the chemicals in it.  When it smells burnt and not of whatever it is they put it in, eat it.
you burn up the leg and eat, picking at it and sniffing for odd smells, burning it extra just to be sure. (6) some gnomes try to get behind you while you are distracted, but you tailwhip them away. after that, you are left alone for a while - all the gnomes withdraw, placing hazard tape across the hallway some distance in either direction.

Dancing. Does it count?
it helped a little. 2 coin for dancing.

Helped calm down the target with magic. Kept her attention while Clunkers did his thing (that basically singlehandedly won the mission.) Did not attempt to murder the target for not reason. Didn't blind everyone with a sack full of flashbangs. Didn't cause massive property damage. Didn't harm team mates directly or indirectly.
lessee. five coin for calming the target.
also, nah, Bruford's reduction in the mass of hte thing, your distraction, and spaz' flashbangs all played a role. Even Kongor helped with his dancing, oddly enough.

((How I into new character sheet??))
Still using thrips?
hmm. here's a mock-up of your character as a more or less direct transfer
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kinda helped in navigating towards the target?
Did the magic thingamajings to make the target dormant
Did more magic thingamajing to give the target back control of themselves
Did magic phonecall to convince the target I (and by extention, Omega) are friends
Participated in the last run to capture/collect target, though unsure of how important said participation was
delivered target to base

one substat point, five coin. most of your activity was an extension of one thing, after all.

Tricmagic, you get four coin for assisting the civilian to safety.

not entirely sure if I am being a little too stingy. -shrug-

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 12, 2018, 11:51:18 am »

((Don't worry, that's enough to get more flash bangs))
Try and figure out where ms.flesh horror was taken to
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 12, 2018, 12:19:21 pm »

"I want a shower."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 12, 2018, 01:36:20 pm »

Nap time.  I'll worry about getting to my lair when I wake up.. it's been a big day.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 12, 2018, 02:15:59 pm »

No coins? Dammit. Can the substat point be used for subskills?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 12, 2018, 04:07:25 pm »

Head to the library to learn how to channel magic.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 13, 2018, 10:05:05 am »

go searching for herbs while returning to base

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 13, 2018, 11:32:06 am »

Also return to baso slowly because of my damaged limbs. Await repais from the Omega mage-blacksmiths. (Or whatever fixes metal elementals)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 11:38:52 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 13, 2018, 11:43:26 am »

((Maybe? It was a pretty short mission, so it doesn't really feel like so.))

Go check in with the gnomes to get the acid-damaged epoxy layer removed.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 14, 2018, 06:49:23 am »

Check the bottom of the post for next mission update and Exciting Offers Coming to a Canyon Near you!

((Don't worry, that's enough to get more flash bangs))
Try and figure out where ms.flesh horror was taken to
"We have her in temporary confinement. Her previous accommodations experienced some kind of displacement when the HEart was brought in, so we can't secure her there as we'd like. It will take a little time before we get her secured properly again. Why do you ask?"

"I want a shower."
"Hmm. You'll have to fill the reservoir by hand. Up until recently Omega was quite a dry place. Even Officers had to wash by bucket and cloth, when we had the luxury at all. Here is a key the washroom. Please, be mindful of the privilege and limit the shower to a reasonable length."

Nap time.  I'll worry about getting to my lair when I wake up.. it's been a big day.
(5) you sleep undisturbed. You wake rested and invigorated. absently, you reach up to scratch an itch behind your ear, to find that your leg has responded unconsciously.

No coins? Dammit. Can the substat point be used for subskills?
Yes they can. it's just tedious to write substat/subskill all the time.

Head to the library to learn how to channel magic.
(5) "There are as amny forms of magic as there are forms of living beings in the world, and 'living beings' isa term that is open to interpretation. The key to magic is knowing what you are capable of, what kinds of magic are available to you, and how those magics work. For instance, an alchemist needs resources to transmute, while Runic magic runs on ritually engraved totem stones (Runes) that unlock special actions, circumstances, or magical abilities when arranged properly. A Physical enhancer can focus their will on their body to achieve superior feats of skill, while a sorcerer, drawing upon a Contract with some Being of Power, will tap into that Being's energy, in exchange for service, sustenance, or one's immortal soul. In short, learning to use magic depends on one's natural affinity, skills, and the resources available for that given type of magic."

There are librarians around to help out with your search, but you'll have to be more specific than the magical equivalent of "I'd like to learn how to Life."

go searching for herbs while returning to base
(3) you find some kind of creeping vine growing up the side of a stone building. Not very herb-ish. Probably not good in a stew either.

Also return to baso slowly because of my damaged limbs. Await repais from the Omega mage-blacksmiths. (Or whatever fixes metal elementals)
You sit up on the plateau, leaning against the wall of the city, the canyon spread out before you, as several blacksmiths work on your leg. They eventually get it into working order, but caution you against sudden turns, long strenuous activity, or, you know, stressing it overmuch in general.

((Maybe? It was a pretty short mission, so it doesn't really feel like so.))

Go check in with the gnomes to get the acid-damaged epoxy layer removed.
The gnomes remove the layer of epoxy via the arcane and mysterious manner of dunking you in hot soapy water and scrubbing you with wire brushes and a spatula.

I've been in a bit of a late-summer creative slump, so I am still working on the next mission. I'll have one up by Friday, unless you guys get really into faffing about on base.
Oh! That said, the Gnomes are offering coin for "Exercising and Entertaining a small child. Risk of explosion: minimal moderate. Risk of poison: minimal. Risk of consumption: moderate. risk of crushing: minimal. Risk of spontaneously teleporting into the unknown: minimal moderate."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 14, 2018, 09:42:45 am »

((That kid sounds pretty entertaining, sure let's leave the ghoul in charge of watching the kid, what cann't go wrong.))
Answer:
"Wished to speak to her, see why she fled and such...plus she gave me what I needed to get my skin back, so giving her a nice thank you from the water of sorrows is due."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 10:54:55 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 14, 2018, 10:13:05 am »

kids, huh? Kinda outta my field of experience. Keep looking for herbs
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 85