Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57

Author Topic: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Early Summer 1916, Production Phase  (Read 54550 times)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

Personally feeling that concentrating our forces is the way to go here. We got space to burn before Estwice becomes threatened. Besides, we can likely expect actual Verusan presence over Basselton, so we may as well meet them with our best.
Quote from: Xobetov
Deployment Plan:
Plan D: (2) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla
Plan E: (3) Nirur, Kashyyk, Doomblade

Ottoman Offer:
Ottoman Proposal A-2: (5) NUKE9.13, Nirur, Doomblade, Kashyyk, Jilladilla

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gonna make a small change to Plan D- I like Nirur's idea of sending Piotr to Basselton instead, for the reasons he outlined.
Long Live United Forenia!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deployment Plan:
Plan D: (3) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater

Ottoman Offer:
Ottoman Proposal A-2: (5) NUKE9.13, Nirur, Doomblade, Kashyyk, Jilladilla
Not the biggest fan of this plan but we do have some time before Estwice
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deployment Plan:
Plan D: (4) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Rockeater,khang

Ottoman Offer:
Ottoman Proposal A-2: (6) NUKE9.13, Nirur, Doomblade, Kashyyk, Jilladilla,khang

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel like we're overlooking balloons for the wrong reasons. The event with the Germans was a sign from the GM, telling us that we could have taken balloons to success ahistorically. Flying carriers and dreadnoughts are fun and not necessarily out of the question, if we try hard enough.
Or at the very least, they're cheap, we could fit a bigger radio and more camera film on on a blimp, and the biggest problem with them getting shot down is that we'd be giving away xp and ace points. If a basic blimp+camera cost half of what a bomber costs, they might be more effective.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Early Spring 1915, Design Phase
« Reply #530 on: July 14, 2018, 08:49:58 am »

Design Phase, Early Spring 1915

Squadron 3 has reached Rookie experience level.

Some guards from the Kolechian Ministry of Integrity are posted to the Design Bureau this week. A solemn commissar is in charge of them, but won’t answer any questions as to what they’re doing here.

In the north, the generals have no complaints about the performance of the KPAF. The push on Demisonne was hampered this month due to the winter weather, but the advance should see greater progress in the upcoming months as spring arrives.

On the central plains, the withdrawal of the KPAF from the frontlines has raised a storm of criticism. The army blames the KPAF for the fall of Estwice, pointing out that the complete lack of opposition to Sky Crusader aircraft allowed them to exert a disproportionately large effect on the battle. More damningly, a few officers have published editorials in the newspapers, bringing the dispute to the public. The KPAF’s prestige has fallen as a result of this incident, cancelling out the greater publicity brought from the performances of the Crimson Eagles. Needless to say, army relations have also taken a sharp downturn as a result. At the moment, there is some uncertainty about whether the Verusan army will push northwest for Kemilov, or southeast for Zydinah. Whatever the case, it is imperative that aircraft be sent here next turn.

On Okinso, the marines are grateful for the support with which they were able to successfully capture Basselton, particularly the use of the new Oracle Cameras. Their next move will be to continue pushing east for Nadeka, the other major Verusan port. Capture of Nadeka should see Verusan logistics in the south heavily hampered.

Meanwhile, navy attitudes toward the Hykib balloons have cooled somewhat after the engagement off Basselton. Leaving aside the fact that many of them were shot down in the later stages by Emus, the balloon tenders proved slower and thus more vulnerable than expected, and the artillery spotting assistance less useful against moving targets. It is unlikely that the balloons will be able to contribute usefully in full fleet battles, and for now the navy only requests the use of one Hykib squadron for shore bombardment duties.

As for the daring attack by the Emus, the navy considers it a one-off occurrence for now. While three destroyers were sunk, two of them were already damaged from earlier shelling, and only the one which had a bomb go down its funnel might be considered directly sunk by the attack. For now, the Sky Crusader bombs don’t seem powerful enough to inflict significant damage to warships yet.

High command has increased your budget by 3 PP, as the country devotes more factories to war. In addition, your budget is increased by 2 PP from the licensed sale of designs to the Ottomans.

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Designs and Technology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squadrons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Statistics (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 14, 2018, 08:52:45 am »

Well, that went terrible.

Edit: The enemy had a sort of a intel screw-up. Apparently they made a sort of Crossguard system, which they forgot to retrofit on their planes.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:02:22 am by 10ebbor10 »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 14, 2018, 11:13:43 am »

Some guards from the Kolechian Ministry of Integrity are posted to the Design Bureau this week. A solemn commissar is in charge of them, but won’t answer any questions as to what they’re doing here.
We're one step away from being demoted. Can we please do our jobs and always contest the skies everywhere from now on?

Disappointingly, the EFM isn't even superior to the Emus, but at least we the XP swapover.

Bomber time? Another fighter would be too boring. As alternatives I see a coordination blimp with ground radios and signal flares, or longer ranged bombers to hit logistics trails.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 14, 2018, 12:10:50 pm »

Bombers sounds good
 the army won't advance too fast from the north in winter and by then it would be too late for us so we should focus on getting Estwise back
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 14, 2018, 01:18:49 pm »

Okay, fair enough, my bad. That reaction was worse than I expected. I won't suggest abandoning a front again.
At least we managed to capture Basselton.

Anyway, yeah, a bomber.

Levib Bomber Biplane: Considerably larger than the Feather and EFM, the Levib is a biplane designed to carry respectable payloads into the sky, powered by three six-cylinder straight inline engines. Aforementioned payload is held by bomb mounts on the underside of the craft, which can be adapted to fit a wide variety of ordnance. The Levib has three seats, for a pilot, bomber, and gunner, with the latter having two Type-11 machine guns at his disposal. The bomber is assisted by a simple bomb sight (which compensates for altitude, airspeed, and estimated windspeed, all manually set by the bomber). 
The Levib is intended to be able to carry up to 450kg of ordnance, whilst flying at reasonable speeds thanks to the three engines.

Something like this, perhaps?
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 14, 2018, 01:56:31 pm »

Are we wanting opposing swivel MG mounts like their Emu, or a dual mount style? If the latter I'd be quite happy to have it as a tail gunner.

Also, pretty sure I pointed out that the army would not be happy with us abandoning them. Let's never do that again huh?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 01:59:31 pm by Kashyyk »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 14, 2018, 03:03:42 pm »

In lighter news, we're pretty rich now. We can easily get 4 total EFMs and +2 oracle cameras, or just 5 EFMs with a bit of effort.

We can pretty heavily contest the skies in the 3 main theatres, and use oracles and balloons in each. If we're feeling cheeky, we can even spare a camera-free feather squadron to the forest or eastern part of the island, for strafing and basic recon.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 14, 2018, 03:16:16 pm »

Another thought I had: If we increase the range of our planes, each one would be able to cover more of the front.  If Verusa tries to match us they'd have to deploy more planets to cover the same area. It may be a cheaper way to effect more id the front than just building more planes.

I don't expect to cover multiple theatres with one squadron, but if we can cover moderate sections of each, we'll have an advantage.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 14, 2018, 03:33:05 pm »

We could cover more, but less densely.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 14, 2018, 03:33:32 pm »

Okay, fair enough, my bad. That reaction was worse than I expected. I won't suggest abandoning a front again.
At least we managed to capture Basselton.

Anyway, yeah, a bomber.

Levib Bomber Biplane: Considerably larger than the Feather and EFM, the Levib is a biplane designed to carry respectable payloads into the sky, powered by three six-cylinder straight inline engines. Aforementioned payload is held by bomb mounts on the underside of the craft, which can be adapted to fit a wide variety of ordnance. The Levib has three seats, for a pilot, bomber, and gunner, with the latter having two Type-11 machine guns at his disposal. The bomber is assisted by a simple bomb sight (which compensates for altitude, airspeed, and estimated windspeed, all manually set by the bomber). 
The Levib is intended to be able to carry up to 450kg of ordnance, whilst flying at reasonable speeds thanks to the three engines.

Something like this, perhaps?
I would change it to be two 9-cylinder radials, personally.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57