Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The dead void (A sci fi SG) 3/6? still open for sign ups.  (Read 2574 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The dead void (A sci fi SG) 3/6? still open for sign ups.
« on: May 27, 2018, 02:07:56 pm »

-----------------The dead void-----------------

Renegade fugitives in the stars

You wake with your head pounding and vision blurry, the after effects of the liquid cosh.
Across from you is, row of people, each hooded and bound in straight jacket to the seats.
You try to move your arms and a chain rattles.

At last in dawns on you, a prisoner awaiting transport to somewhere.

The guards are a pair of the proverbial ugly shaven headed jackboot wearing brutes.

“Hold it, you’ve got one.” you hear as another man half shove a young woman in to the across from you seat.
“No, she not on the manifest, you know the rules.” your guard starts to complain.
“Shove you’re manifest up your arse, she overdue a mindwipe this one.”
“bb-But she’s a psi drone, should be on ice.”
“Look sunshine, this ship's going to the reprocessing plant an so’s she.
 Asteria here's got a brain lock, see?” he pinches her pale cheek.
“You take her or you can take it up with the boss.”

She sits there across from you, her face is blank, doll like with glassy blue eyes.
The left side of her head is shaved and home to a braided steel cable that trails down to steel collar that rings her around her neck with green leds.

Without a clock or anything to see your not sure how much time passes but
One by one you see the lights go dim on Asteria’s collar and then she smiles.

Her eyes flash with purple light and you feel a fist shove knowledge in to your mind.
You hear a click clack as the chains unlock.
Then all hell breaks loose, the lights go out as everyone moves at once, the guard are tackled by three men each.
It’s almost like your on autopilot as you hammer the numbers in to the door keypad.

Then there's a bang, Asteria stare at you while blood gushes from from her neck.
...Tell her i'm sorry..funny dieing doesn't hurt like i thought...

As her eyes roll back, her body spasms as purple lighting tears it way out, ripping flesh apart like tissue paper.

Your mind feels lighter as you make your way to:

A: Armoury ( mini arms race here, describe your sci fi weapon in the post)
B: Escape Shuttles, there's a planet down there.
C: Control bridge, i'm sure it's not that hard to fly this thing.

Ok sheets time.
Spoiler: blank form (click to show/hide)

1: Gene Warrior, built as soldier in the mold of macho man’s macho man (or woman) your blessed with 38 inch biceps, a titanium jaw, the ability to drink whiskey like water and all but walk off gunshot wounds.

2: Mondasian cyber cultist, the flesh is weak, steel is stronger.
A Prosthophile to the core, you mind is ready but body awaits range of bonic parts to transform you.

3: Rogue Psi, power of the mind.
Some how power is drawn to you from the other side, filling you from the crown to the toe, top-full as the strange glowing marking start to flow across your body.
The bad news is that you can feel it inside you, a hungry burning, wanting to escape.
You can draw on the power but wild and ever changing.
(This is the one where i roll two dice to see what happens.
One to see if you have the control need and the other for the power.)

4: Bio adapter, the body changes to the mind.
Originally built to help colonist survive is strange new environments, you can change your physiology in strange and interesting ways given adequate biomass.

Notes, we’re running with “cinematic” reality here, The spaceships are there to look cool and make impressive whooshing noises in deep space.
People will carry hand weapons like “plasma whip” or antimatter-firing crossbows, and never mind how they work.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:17:43 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The dead void (A sci fi SG) 0/6?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 05:56:21 am »

So is this a suggestion game or a multiplayer game?

Name: Billy Jobob
Sex: Male
Appearance: Looks like a regular guy.
Background: Jobob's just a regular dude doing nothing of importance, until he started asking questions about what the government was doing, and found out some stuff that was best left unknown and then he got caught.
Ability: 4: Bio adapter

C: Control bridge
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The dead void (A sci fi SG) 0/6?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 10:47:46 am »

So is this a suggestion game or a multiplayer game?
Kind of a multiplayer SG? i'm not found on having massive amounts of rules, it going to be mostly D6 for outcomes.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The dead void (A sci fi SG) 1/6?
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 01:48:25 am »

Sounds cool hopefully we get some more people to join soon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The dead void (A sci fi SG) 1/6?
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 09:30:19 pm »

Sounds cool hopefully we get some more people to join soon.
Well it looks like this will be more of an SG then.
A the Control bridge 4, 2 spishel guard , 1 really nasty
------------------

You take a brief moment to your self, your arms are free from the straight jacket and theirs a laser pistol in hand.

The ship is chaos, men and woman are running every where as the sound of laser fire and crackling thump of shock batons echo in the steel hull.

Guided as if by a past life you make your way towards the control bridge, slipping in a side room as a squad of guards
thunder past you.

Gun in hand you push the bottoin and doors to the control room slide open.

A haf dozen crew members try to work the consoles, chattering madly as they try to direct the guards around.
The she turn at you, an officer of the "nobility".
For a moment you flinch, its the black and red leather uniform, the rows shinny buttons covering her breasts,
the gasmask with mirrored lenses.
It all brings back too much of your integrators, and as you raise your gun, hers is up.

She shoots and you feel your foot spasm from laser bolt.
You hit the floor hand and let of a volley of shots, caching her on waist and again through her thigh.

The pain bite from your foot as pull your self up with a console, as it explodes in shower of sparks.
As smoke fills the room and panicked crew scatter, you give it your best to return fire but your shoots are wild and only a few screams let you know that you've hit anything.

As the smoke start to clear away, driven off by the ventilation fans, you find the control room empty, with only a few puddles of blood, a dead technician and a burnt out consult to show for you fight.

You lock the doors and take a quick look at the nearest console, it shows that an evacuation is in full swing, escape pods being launched rapidly.

Looking around on you it dawns that your going to need some kind of a crew, at lest one other persons just to run a night shift. 
There's still some for your fellow prisoners on the scanners, but also some guards as well, holed up in a cabin.

..Tell her i'm sorry.. i didn't make it
The words echo in your head as you look over the ships plans on the console, there a cryo-chamber, just labeled as Fyrellisa down on deck 2.
--------------------------

As this has turned in to am SG, i an letting you have a second Character as help, hence Fyrellisa, please pick an abillity for her as well.

Choices :
1:What to do about Fyrellisa in the  cryo-chamber? wake her or leave her?
2: What to do about the fellow prisoners? tell them to leave? recruit them?
3:What to do about the trapped crew?
4: Raid the armory?
5: Use your ability? (Some details about what you want to do.)

Spoiler: Billy Jobob (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The dead void (A sci fi SG) 1/6? still open for sign ups.
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 08:53:05 am »

Fyrellisa is a Rogue Psi.

2. Recruit them.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 09:35:46 am »

I realize now that i should of noted that it was more of a multiple choices type thing.

------
You pick the pass card from dead technician and swipe it unlock the console.
Flicking on the inter con system you start to speak.

"The command bridge is our! we're free now how with me?" simple but to the point.
You meet a blood spattered woman that calls you captain in passing.

Makeing your way down towards deck 2 and the cryo-chamber, the sounds struggle die down, to only a few interment screams and shots.

The cryo-chamber fills the entire room, a vast mass of cooling pipes and power cables stringing the pods together.

There's a click as unlock pod labeled Fyrellisa, a cold icy bast of air hits you as she falls out and to the floor.
The naked,  pale form of Fyrellisa spasms and reaches before you.

As the foul smell hits you, F staggers to her feet like a drunk and swipes her mouth clean with her arm, she blinks and looks at you.

"y..You'r not her." she stutters and mumbles with numb lips.
"No,.. im sorry but... Asteria didn't make it.
She didn't suffer if that helps." your not really sure what to say to her.
Suddenly she grasp you by the collar and stares at you with her purple eyes.
"Who did it? who killed my sister?" she asks.

"I didn't see there was a fight then she was gone." you do your best to fill her in on what happened.

"Thank you, now let me find some clothes in peace will you?" she seams to be a little stunned by the news.

Leaveing her, you limp up to the bridge in time to see the last of the escape pod leave.
You take a few minutes to bandage your foot wound and count your new crew, well more who ever left on the ship.

There a thump on the door and you let Fyrellisa in to the bridge.
It's now that you get a get a good look at Fyrellisa , she's younger then you first thought  and very tall, her chalky pale almost makes her look ill.
The only color is from her long, braided pink hair and her purple eyes.

"Well what are we all going to do now mister uh i didn't catch your name earlyer?" she asks
"Jobob, Billy Jobob" you tell her
"Fyrellisa 528, and from now on just Fyrellisa.
I'm pleased to meet you billy."

With your new ship and a crew, the starts are yours, well until word gets back and the law comes after you.

What do you do now?
Spoiler: Star map (click to show/hide)

(You had a minor wound,  minor wounds auto heal after a short rest, moderate wounds take longer and major wounds need help to heal or repair the dammage)

Spoiler: Fyrellisa[s (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 04:50:51 am »

I have a feeling the planet we are near is filled with hostile forces, so I say we try and get to another solar system as fast as possible.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 02:38:32 pm »

I have a feeling the planet we are near is filled with hostile forces, so I say we try and get to another solar system as fast as possible.

"You hyper drive scramble!" you point at the man by the hyper drive console
"But we'll be lost, scattered in the black void! we could turn up any-- " the man starts to argue.

"Don't argue, there coming for us and right now anywhere is better then here!"

There's a clunk as the hyper drive generator does well something, you don't know how it works but there's a pretty flash of colors from the controls.
"Electromagnetic ions are arcing at 6/7 of relativistic limits, polarity of the cartesian field stable, the patternshift portal's are open captain." Fyrellisa tells you.
You have not idea what it means but you nod.
"Take us in um.. astronavigatrix Fyrellisa" you try to sound captain like, as if you know what your doing.

There's a blinding blue flash, an a deep huming starts as every thing begins to flicker really fast, something is half there a new planet but the old ones remains party like the picture on a giant thaumatrope.
Then the wine dies down and the old planet and start slowly fade away like after images from your eyes.

You set a course for the nearest system and take a little while to get to better know your ship.
The search does not uncover any tracking devices but you don't find anything really use full other then some food and a bottle of whisky.

(You had a minor wound,  minor wounds auto heal after a short rest, moderate wounds take longer and major wounds need help to heal or repair the dammage)

Spoiler: Fyrellisa (click to show/hide)

[/quote]

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 05:20:38 am »

Look on the ships computers to see if there is any info about the system we are currently in and search for planets we could land on but don't land yet.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 07:17:55 pm »

Look on the ships computers to see if there is any info about the system we are currently in and search for planets we could land on but don't land yet.

"Well were are we?" you as an f just strugs and hammer the keybord untill the computer bleeps and pops up a message.

You look at the computer screen and read the info about the new system.

"Wait a minute captain, here look, this a tolled system." she points to page full of text and numbers.
"Meaning what?" you ask.
"It used to be that company would buy a system or planet and tax the exports and imports."
"So your saying there's a profit to b made here?" she nods.

[/quote]
[/quote]

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 07:14:15 am »

We should also get any info we can on the two space stations and the deep space station, before we do anything else in this sector.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2018, 08:14:52 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 08:49:38 pm »

We should also get any info we can on the two space stations and the deep space station, before we do anything else in this sector.

"Run the scanner, Fyrellisa  i want to see what that deep space station doing."

"Look sir, a power sign a weak one, but some's one left the lights on.
we just don't know why.

the other one, in orbit around Ingirid, has some coms traffic, some thing about a market with special goods, i just can't till what goods are there speaking in code."

---------
Sav head hurt, he could only half recall the riot but he remembered the baton well enough.
The corridors where in a mess, stained with blood and laser blasts but that ment he fould a dead guard.
unlocking the cuffs behind his back was hard, but with a laser pistol he felt safer as he staggered up to the bridge and the voices.

A lean man of normal height enters the bridge, is hair brown and tangled, one eyes has a red glow to it's core.

---------------
Spoiler: Sav Dustan Hache (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 01:16:11 am »

A game low on players? Don't mind if I do.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Begging forgiveness rather than asking permission with that Ability, of course.
Pages: [1] 2 3