Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Lands of Blood and Fortune: A test  (Read 16108 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Lands of Blood and Fortune: A test
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2018, 01:05:37 pm »

Hey Tomasque, if memory serves, we have six of each of those. One for each of us.
Oh? I'll check on that when I can. If so, I guess I'll take them back.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2018, 01:20:40 pm »

Ana hands over her machete and any other pointy or weapon-y object to the Pathfinder.

((My inventory is very, uh, efficient right now, so I think I'll pass your blade to Eltrix for now.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2018, 02:53:37 pm »

Give Tir stuff to cover up from the light, I guess.

^ I'll look through the inventory to make that more specific, when I have the time.

^ I'll look through the inventory to make that more specific, when I have the time.
I gave you my Sun Cloak and my Wide Brimmed Hat. Is that okay?
Checked my inventory and...wait am I not wearing those freely under the Wear section? :X I thought I had equipped myself earlier! Oops.

Yeah totally okay with that.

Ana hands over her machete and any other pointy or weapon-y object to the Pathfinder.

"I have not felt any urge or otherwise to use this or conceive any malice towards others around me or myself. What I presume brought me to where I was, was some kind of calling or directive for movement. It doesn't seem to be hostile, as in, towards others given what I assume from what happened in what the rest of you (presumably) told me."
Ana covers up with the clothing she's been given, though it doesn't seem to help.

I gave you my Sun Cloak and my Wide Brimmed Hat. Is that okay?

Carefully remain at a distance from Ti's character, but do not let her out of sight. Encourage the otehrs to keep an eye on her as well, and ask that she be taken out of nightwatch rotation until we understand her problem.
I'll do the same.
Carefully remain at a distance from Ti's character, but do not let her out of sight. Encourage the otehrs to keep an eye on her as well, and ask that she be taken out of nightwatch rotation until we understand her problem.
You both keep at least 10 feet away from her at all times but also keep a careful eye on her, just to make sure she doesn't suddenly hulk out and tear someone's face off.

"...Likely that whatever organism has infected you is manipulating your brain chemistry in order to provoke a strong impulse to travel in that direction. Common among insects; fungus causes them to climb to the highest available point before releasing infectious spores. This may mean that you will not become dangerous until you reach the point which the infection is driving you towards. Still, it is best that we are careful.
I wonder why it attempts to travel east, rather than to a nearby mountain top. Perhaps because there are additional human organisms to infect in that direction. I hypothesize that the infecting agent causes a strong desire to return home, in order to more effectively spread itself among a population."

With help from the construct, surgically remove one of the fruiting bodies from Ana's body, and store it in a test tube. Examine the now-removed fruiting body. Does it appear that removing all of the fruits will be an effective cure? Likely not, and it's a more deeply-rooted infection.

"Hmm. It is likely that this infection is related to the carcass we encountered yesterday. Ana was the only one to touch it directly. If this is the case, we may eventually observe... mutation, possibly growth of additional limbs. That creature was also thoroughly incinerated, possibly by some person or entity in order to halt the spread of infection..."

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Inventory

Spoiler: Egan_BW, Pathfinder (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin, Observer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ozarck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tomasque (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)
(She attempted to move WEST, not east)

[3+2 v 2]
You use the small knives in your first aid kit to carefully carve off the fruiting bodies, keeping a few of them. You can clearly see that the infection is deeper than just surface level; the tendrils from the fruiting bodies run into the skin and even down into the muscle from what you can see. You don't cut too deep though; you're not going to excise a fist sized piece of flesh chasing all the roots.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2018, 03:26:00 pm »

"Well, that's a thing. Shall we continue, then? Time waits fro none. Let's See what new and excditing things we can discover today!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2018, 03:31:28 pm »

"...Right. I'm not thrilled about carrying on with Ana like this, but there's no choice, short of killing her."

East, then. Which is the direction that's to the right on a map. I knew that, totally.

Inventory

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2018, 04:58:21 am »

"Well, that's a thing. Shall we continue, then? Time waits fro none. Let's See what new and excditing things we can discover today!"
"Yes, let's...carry on please. I find it very strange that this infestation has burrowed deep in. It is not a fungus or by spore, then. If anything, it must be alive and connected to whatever I have internally experienced."

Carry on! Also try to examine where all this...stuff is primarily located at. Do test self medically within safety bounds.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2018, 12:57:08 pm »

"...Right. I'm not thrilled about carrying on with Ana like this, but there's no choice, short of killing her."

East, then. Which is the direction that's to the right on a map. I knew that, totally.

Inventory

You head east, down out of the mountains and into a bog. Amid the cloudy knee deep water and swarms of dragon flies you find evidence of a mass migration of animals moving westward. A dead crocodile floats in the water with what looks like a combination of a spear and a sapling stabbed through and growing out of it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2018, 10:34:56 pm »

((0404?))

Ana looks at the spear and the sapling. "This place is inhabited, and by very different folks than what we are used to. I advise a non-interactive approach to anything and a watchful eye; testing the waters at least, no sapling can grow in such a state unless there are means to direct and guide it. Since I...am already inflicted in a similar manner, I will be the one to collect samples. Someone, please keep an eye over me, especially with a bow."

And then Ana collects samples from the Crocodile, being VERY AWARE of the scenery around her, also try to get that spear but if I'm not strong enough, ask someone else to do so since I'm unarmed.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 11:22:01 pm by Tiruin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2018, 11:16:26 pm »

"See if you can retrieve that spear intact. If it's living, it may hold some beneficial properties."

Watch. If the living plant spear reacts to Ana's presence and takes control of the croc corpse to attack her, throw a spear.

Inventory

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2018, 11:41:45 pm »

Identify what kind of animals migrated. Do there appear to have been any irregularities in the foot/hoofprints?

Also, provide my sample set for Ana to use.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2018, 07:08:01 am »

"Plant Zombies! OohOOOHooohhhh~~~~"
Tag along and be ready for shooty stabby time.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2018, 12:22:09 pm »

((0404?))

Ana looks at the spear and the sapling. "This place is inhabited, and by very different folks than what we are used to. I advise a non-interactive approach to anything and a watchful eye; testing the waters at least, no sapling can grow in such a state unless there are means to direct and guide it. Since I...am already inflicted in a similar manner, I will be the one to collect samples. Someone, please keep an eye over me, especially with a bow."

And then Ana collects samples from the Crocodile, being VERY AWARE of the scenery around her, also try to get that spear but if I'm not strong enough, ask someone else to do so since I'm unarmed.
(Thats where the cartographer -god bless is unresponsive soul- believes you are, yes.)

((0404?))

You check the crocodile over and find that, while it lacks the odd growths of the  deer, it seems to have been infected by the exact same thing. Its innards are filled with fungus and its marrow is purple. The spear seems to have grown a huge tangle of expanding roots through the creature, coming out of its everywhere from head to tail. Pulling it out would be impossible without hacking the creature to pieces.

"See if you can retrieve that spear intact. If it's living, it may hold some beneficial properties."

Watch. If the living plant spear reacts to Ana's presence and takes control of the croc corpse to attack her, throw a spear.

Inventory

"Plant Zombies! OohOOOHooohhhh~~~~"

The spear remains as docile as a normal sapling.

Identify what kind of animals migrated. Do there appear to have been any irregularities in the foot/hoofprints?

Also, provide my sample set for Ana to use.

[1v4]
You cannot recognize the prints; there are prints of all different sizes and shapes but you have no idea what made them. And without knowing what made them, you're not sure if they're normal or irregular.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 31, 2018, 12:27:40 pm »

Which direction do you guys want to go? I want to go to 0603 (so we should either go east or northeast) because it's illustrated as a densely clumped area.

Money!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 01, 2018, 04:21:08 am »

"We should move, but away from the site of that strange purple glow. I cannot get this spear out; the crocodile is infected with a similar...infestation, but without the purpleness. The marrow is purple, the innards are filled with fungus. I would advise to devise masks or other kinds of filters for impurities in the air at this point, alongside covering all areas of skin. How many oil-tight suits do we have again?

"Anyway, we can only attain this spear if one is willing to hack the crocodile to pieces. It is interesting to note that anyone with medical training can see how this strange organism proceeds when with a living host. I do hope the same is not to be said of me."

Proceed to nearest area by Pathfinder! Also sample collection time!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 01, 2018, 07:01:43 am »

(aka "repeat last action")
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11