Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86620 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 0: How Low Can We Go?
« Reply #585 on: May 12, 2018, 03:21:08 am »

Hector is almost certainly town, by both the facts I've seen and his behaviour. I understand why he suspects me, though. I wasn't blocked, but my action returned nothing except confirmation that MM's cloaking extends to things other than his car's location.

we have multiple DAY lynches and all
Wait, what? Do we?
...Didn't the last 2 subphases end in people getting chosen to be lynched?
>_> I should read back. Work and otherwise has been quite a  load on me lately.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 12, 2018, 05:17:11 am »

No, those were actual days. The timeloop caused us to get day 1 twice.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 12, 2018, 07:14:46 am »

So, actions so far:

hector13: ?
FoU: jailed BHK, this was a day action though, ? at night
MM: acted on quinnr, blocked
RGU: acted on hector, blocked
IcyTea: acted on MM
BHK: presumably jailed
Tiruin: ?
quinnr: ?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 12, 2018, 07:21:57 am »

Moony was also able to act last night. It's possible one of the claimed roleblocks was due to his defensive block. Or he used that redacted ability, which puzzles me.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 12, 2018, 07:23:02 am »

Sorry, no, nobody claimed to target Moony. Where did these blocks come, then?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 12, 2018, 09:16:43 am »

Hector is almost certainly town, by both the facts I've seen and his behaviour. I understand why he suspects me, though. I wasn't blocked, but my action returned nothing except confirmation that MM's cloaking extends to things other than his car's location.

1) My car's cloaking is a distinct ability from anything else in my role. I was perfectly truthful earlier when I said you have seen everything it does.

2) I'm curious how you came to the conclusion that I'm hidden rather than blocked and nothing to report.

Does the wording of your result distinguish between whether I was simply blocked (you didn't see me while I was not doing stuff) or I was jailed (you didn't see me because there was a wall stopping outside actions) ?

No offense meant, but I'm including you on the list in my head for purely precautionary reasons. I think we can mostly eliminate Tiruin as the NK: if there were two separate blocks then her jail was probably one of them. On the other hand, RGU's Inquisitor power hints at redirection and if the two of us ended up pointed at the same person then the block was also more likely her jail on either RGU's target (hector13) or mine (quinnr, to answer a question) than we both got moved to where FoU protected BHK.
Yeah uh >_> Yeah. Totally.

Is that an admission that you jailed one of us (and whom?) or just agreeing because I'm arguing in your defense?

{to BHK} You however, are a third party :I And like my broken count and memory yesterday, are one of two folks who claimed such.
Why do y'all claim third party when there's no initiative to do so?

BHK claimed 3rd after leading in the lynch, on my recommendation near the original scheduled end of D1-1. None of us unvoted immediately but after Shakerag's death reset the vote nobody took it back up again; Fallacy has vouched for as much of the claim as BHK could trade it seems.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 12, 2018, 09:29:09 am »

Moony was also able to act last night. It's possible one of the claimed roleblocks was due to his defensive block. Or he used that redacted ability, which puzzles me.

I'm pretty sure the redacted ability is responsible for time flowing backwards after he dies, all of Moony's stuff involves going backwards. It may also have something to say about special race conditions, or say that tomorrow will be Day 2 after all or something else, the redaction is just to keep us guessing how far it extends.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 12, 2018, 09:31:56 am »

I'm curious how you came to the conclusion that I'm hidden rather than blocked and nothing to report.

Does the wording of your result distinguish between whether I was simply blocked (you didn't see me while I was not doing stuff) or I was jailed (you didn't see me because there was a wall stopping outside actions) ?
My PM said that the action was successful, but that I received nothing. I'd assume 'successful' means 'unblocked'. The action was supposed to reveal one of your actions to me, so my conclusions were that either you literally have none (which seems unlikely in a role madness game), or that they are hidden somehow.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 12, 2018, 09:34:22 am »

So, actions so far:

hector13: ?
FoU: jailed BHK, this was a day action though, ? at night
MM: acted on quinnr, blocked
RGU: acted on hector, blocked
IcyTea: acted on MM
BHK: presumably jailed
Tiruin: ?
quinnr: ?

Everyone who hasn't claimed their night action targets yet and/or their results: Why not?

And I really dobut Moony's redacted abilities are just "Go back 1 day." There's probably more stuff that we're missing.

Hevtor13, since we are on Day 0, that means tomorrow is the first day 1 from our perspective. So, there will probably be a loop yet again.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 12, 2018, 10:17:26 am »

My PM said that the action was successful, but that I received nothing. I'd assume 'successful' means 'unblocked'. The action was supposed to reveal one of your actions to me, so my conclusions were that either you literally have none (which seems unlikely in a role madness game), or that they are hidden somehow.

That actually sounds to me like my being in jail. You were not blocked from attempting your action but my abilities were not available for revelation.

I want to admit at this point that I indeed have specialized immunity beyond my car, but that doesn't sound at all like an action that would be covered. Curiously, I am protected exactly against one of my own abilities, much like RGU but less lethal to all involved.

-----

Since our two dead are not "still" alive on day "0" then our time perspective must be treated as linear however the divisions get labeled. If hector's repeat is one shot, then it's expended and won't happen again.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 12, 2018, 01:03:30 pm »

Sounds like MM was roleblocked, rather. If you were jailed, IcyTea's action would've failed. Though that supposes a traditional jailkeeper action. Only roleblock we know of is FoU's, so why is he blocking MM?

There's something about this that bothers me. IcyTea's action succeeded, but he didn't get what he expected, thus MM is probably not being entirely forthcoming about something, if IcyTea is being honest. If not, then IcyTea probably did the murdering.

Also, my auto is not 1-shot, but as I said it says the first time D1 ends it loops; whether that means "the first time" relative to me as a player, or relative to the chronology of the game is debatable.

Either way it isn't important. If it repeats, good for the town because we get two lynches prior to any night actions; if not, it's business as usual.

Also, the redacted ability is probably caused by whoever killed Moony. Perhaps they stole it. Could also be an underflow error thing, in which the flip isn't entirely revealed. I feel more inclined toward the former though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 12, 2018, 01:33:19 pm »

If it isn't one-shot, then it's almost certain day will loop. Chronologically, Day 0 happens before the Day 1 time loop, thus tomorrow will be the first Day 1 and the loop will repeat itself.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 12, 2018, 03:21:06 pm »

Hey um, I'm interested, but I lost track of your marketing history. Care to summarize your stuff for trust and such? :P
In summary: Information on my role and actions! Catgirl transformations(positive or negative effect)! Roleblocking! Jailkeeping! My hit!

Only roleblock we know of is FoU's, so why is he blocking MM?
Actually I roleblocked randomgenericusername.

Which, come to think about it, was a mistake. Well, at least we know he didn't perform the kill last night.

My personal theory is that someone has the ability to copy/mimic night actions or something, and copied my night roleblock... oh shoot.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 12, 2018, 03:33:41 pm »

Why did you roleblock RGU?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 12, 2018, 09:28:09 pm »

Why did you roleblock RGU?
I would also like to know, as I said yesterday (or tomorrow?) that I was going to make an ability based on hector13's role to trade with you in exchange of your full claim. I really dobut it was just an accident or mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 59