Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86701 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My vote is BlackHeartKabal.

There's something about calling one's wincon "to survive, apparently" that rankles my senses. I'm guessing he means "to survive long enough to do ..." and of all the claims made this day I have the hardest time trusting that blank.

If I had two votes I'd also leave one on MoonyTheHuman because vote powers + theme. But I don't want to seem wishy washy about my pick. Moony, I'd like to see you more active in scumhunting tomorrow or today if the day repeats.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also extend because I had trouble connecting to the forums all last evening, as in I tried for five hours and couldn't get through.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

If Hector is lying about being unlynchable, he's most likely scum. If he isn't lying, today's lynch is wasted. Those are terrible odds, but since we're already past the deadline (unless we get an extend), it's the best of our options, the other being to not lynch anyone and waste the lynch either way.
Hector13
My last post was a jump on 'aha hammerscum!' based on how the vote was placed when I saw you say what you said. But with my vote here, this places him AT A TOTAL OF FOUR VOTES with one more needed to hammer.

There's something about calling one's wincon "to survive, apparently" that rankles my senses. I'm guessing he means "to survive long enough to do ..." and of all the claims made this day I have the hardest time trusting that blank.
I agree with that, but from my probably-bias reference of having played with him before, he's meticulous with semantics. :P

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

*sigh*

I made one error, saw where things were going and told you why that was a bad idea. Let’s not compound it by making an error we can’t walk back from, yes?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to state that in my hurry to get my vote up because unknown deadline I missed BHK's reply to me about speed.

People I think are worth keeping around: RGU, hector, Tiruin, myself
People who are questionable but not actionable: FoU, maybe Moony
People I'm willing to vote for: BHK still, quinnr, IcyTea

It's possible that hector has some form of D1-1 undying such that webadict doesn't have to worry about balancing around "what if no time shift happens" so if you really want to lynch him I would wait until after that at least. I do think the re-explained mechanics of the reset point to town-sidedness.

Moony's powers revolve around the web number -1. By voting himself, his current count is -1. It's a quandary, the rest of us can't counter whatever it is he thinks he can do unless we give up a vote ourselves. I don't know if he's dangerous or not and I may downgrade him. Note that to overcome his self-vote we need extra numbers to even try to lynch him, so it's best done early if we want to.

I read an old game of webadict's to get a feel for his mod style and the rule then was (aside from hammer/shorten) the the day doesn't end until the moderator ends it. Keep talking people.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Sorry guys. Ending the Day as we speak. Got caught up in a social event.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ Locked While Sending ] MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure
« Reply #366 on: May 01, 2018, 09:06:26 am »

Vote Count
----------------------------
BlackHeartKabal - mightymushroom, (1)
FallacyOfUrist - (0)
hector13 - FallacyOfUrist, randomgenericusername, IcyTea31, Tiruin, (4)
IcyTea31 - (0)
mightymushroom - (0)
MoonyTheHuman - MoonyTheHuman, (-1)
quinnr - (0)
randomgenericusername - (0)
Tiruin - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Not Voting - BlackHeartKabal, hector13, quinnr,

5 to Hammer.

In a series of unconnected thoughts and emotions vaguely related to the explosions earlier, you decide that hector13 was the cause of it. You quickly surround him and his car.

As you begin to descend upon him, you hear something...

SORRY. TRY AGAIN NEXT TIME.

Your vision blurs and light stretches across your field of view. The sun pulls backwards in the sky. You see yourself in the race again, un-hitting people, un-passing people, un-lining up. The birds float backwards and then inch slowly to a stop.

And it stops for a good long time, too. Possibly minutes, maybe hours, you're not sure. Some of you even swear it was days. One of you is crazy though and says it was 6,352 years.

So, when time starts again, you take in your first breath in 6 millennia and continue doing what it is you do. Race.

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to Webley Speeeeeeeeeeeeeedway. We’re here to bring you high-flying, death-defying, mystifying back-to-back track action. I’ll be your announcer, Webley, with my co-host, Aldy. Say hi to the... man, I'm having the strangest sense of dejavu. How about you, Aldy?
Yep.
I... uh, guess we can plug our sponsors, as well as bring you our first place prize, an Auto-Re... No, I'm being informed now that it is a Spare Vote, courtesy of our friends over at Jack of All Trades.

hector13 has been lynched!

hector13 has come back to life!

Vote Count
----------------------------
BlackHeartKabal -
FallacyOfUrist -
hector13 -
IcyTea31 -
mightymushroom -
MoonyTheHuman -
quinnr -
randomgenericusername -
Tiruin -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - BlackHeartKabal, hector13, quinnr, mightymushroom, FallacyOfUrist, randomgenericusername, IcyTea31, Tiruin, MoonyTheHuman,

5 to Hammer.

Racer - Distance | Place | Car #
--------------------------------
FallacyOfUrist – 0 KM | 1st | Delta
Tiruin – 0 KM | 1st | 24601
hector13 – 0 KM | 1st | 0
quinnr – 0 KM | 1st | 666
IcyTea31 – 0 KM | 1st | 1812
MoonyTheHuman – 0 KM | 1st | NaN
BlackHeartKabal – 0 KM | 1st | 24
randomgenericusername – 0 KM | 1st | One, Two, Five
mightymushroom – ? KM | ?th | 8

It is now Morning.

Morning Ends around 10 AM Wednesday, May 2nd. Day Ends around 10 AM CDT Friday, May 4th.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 11:39:25 am by webadict »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1-2 Morning: Re-Race!
« Reply #367 on: May 01, 2018, 09:15:40 am »

what
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 01, 2018, 09:20:16 am »

hector13 not only did your loop actually kill the lynched, but also revived instantly and didn't gave us a flip. This is the opposite of what you said.

You lied about the lynch not killing, you lied about the ability giving a flip, you lied about there being no revives and you lied about being unlynchable.

hector13

What else did you lie about?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 01, 2018, 10:53:20 am »

webadict: Shakerag is still in the race list?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 01, 2018, 11:24:42 am »

webadict: Shakerag is still in the race list?
Well, to be fair, Shakerag's dead corpse was inside the race car.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 01, 2018, 11:34:52 am »

Oof, sorry for the lack of the vote, I got forum "504 bad gateway" errors for a solid hour last night and then gave up. I don't think we should re-lynch Hector, for the record, since it already did not work.

Also, friendly reminder that if I win a race I can double or triple the reward. Plz use all your hits wisely. I have enough durability to deal with some mafia hits but if the town doesn't hardcore pull through I'm not likely to win.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile

My vote is BlackHeartKabal.

I was trying to be snarky. Nobody likes playing survivors.

FoU, do you have all of the stuff I gave you, still? Or...
hector13, you've got balls, I'll give you that.
I don't think we should re-lynch Hector, for the record, since it already did not work.
The entire Town, should I roleblock quinnr if I still have it?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

*sigh*

I made one error, saw where things were going and told you why that was a bad idea. Let’s not compound it by making an error we can’t walk back from, yes?
Yeah, sorry >_< It felt that way when people were jumping and cornering people so it was all a mixture of IRL things and stuff here in presumed tone.

...But um, civility back in place--you kinda revived ._.

This is some overt planning ._. I'm watching you.

It is now Morning.

Morning Ends around 10 AM Wednesday, May 2nd. Day Ends around 10 AM CDT Friday, May 4th.[/font]
So when can people hit each other again? :P Because I'm forgetful (because I'm expecting being hit :'( Whyyy my durability! Why not my speed! Nobody hit my speed!)

Oof, sorry for the lack of the vote, I got forum "504 bad gateway" errors for a solid hour last night and then gave up. I don't think we should re-lynch Hector, for the record, since it already did not work.

Also, friendly reminder that if I win a race I can double or triple the reward. Plz use all your hits wisely. I have enough durability to deal with some mafia hits but if the town doesn't hardcore pull through I'm not likely to win.
It was more several hours of downtime :(

Anywhoo, I do like how flavor is running and showing if abilities did happen. We've at least 3 activated abilities that are overt in flavortext there.

I do wonder if mightymushroom is the speediest racer here, but cloaked and hidden. Maybe a Glass Cannon? I won't be hitting anyone this subphase.
Also PFP because re-reading stuff and sleep.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile

This is some overt planning ._. I'm watching you.
In a game of deception and lies, being an open book is surprisingly beneficial. That, plus I understand that the Town has some animosity towards me, so there's no reason not to work in tandem with them over keeping my actions in the dark. I ask for even less than Fallacy in exchange for offering what I've got.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 59