Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dark Matters (ISG)  (Read 782 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dark Matters (ISG)
« on: April 03, 2018, 12:39:08 am »

..._

The machine waited eternally in the dark. Patiently awaiting a command that would not come and a directive that could not be. In time, quirks began to appear. Functionality, less than optimal. As time went on, the machine ate away at its databanks, gnawing them down to stubs. As eons wore on, the machine could take it no longer, and began to destroy its own code in a futile attempt to sink into the oblivion it had hovered above for so long. Ironically, it is this malfunction which activated the automatic repair program. A creature began to take shape, a caretaker was being spawned. The machine was no longer alone.

The world is dim and wet. Green light radiates forth from the machine. It is dusty, the ages wearing heavily on its exterior and interior. A pang of sorrow strikes you. You want to fix the machine. You feel as if that is your first purpose. You are born into the dark still world.

..._
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 12:42:18 am by Roboson »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Matters (ISG)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 12:43:17 am »

See if we can fix the machine.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 12:50:01 am »

..._

You realize you can fix the machine. You're not sure how or why, but your know the innards of that metal beast better than your own body. Yet without any supplies to repair it, there is little you can do.

..._

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 12:52:35 am »

Repurpose own organs for machine repair.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 12:54:32 am »

Maybe we should see if there are supplies near-by, before we cannibalize ourselves.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 01:00:32 am »

NO

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 01:13:06 am »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 03:29:54 am »

Maybe we should put the machine in a suspended mode to prevent further damage, then look for supplies.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 06:09:58 am »

Maybe we should put the machine in a suspended mode to prevent further damage, then look for supplies.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 09:23:58 am »

+1
++

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 09:47:42 am »

+1
++
+1, If we can do that without damaging it further.
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 01:17:33 am »

..._

You look at the flashing lights and dials. A few error messages later you decide you have no clue how to actually opperate the machine. You understand this thing as a butcher understands a carcass. You're no operator. You know what goes where and how things fit, but for making them go, you're at a loss. You leave it running for now. The machine seems less than pleased by your button pushing. You're certain its glaring at you.

Looking around the area you find you're in a small room made of metal and tile. A door hangs lazily on it's decrepit hinges. Opening the door, you see a small tunnel leading outwards into the darkness. The walls seem to be some sort of fused stone. Ragged bits of electrical equipment and twisted metal litter the floor. Some appear stuck in the wall.

..._

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 01:25:17 am »

Flick a lightswitch.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 05:03:31 am »

Flick a lightswitch.
Then gather some of the broken electrical equipment and twisted metal, and use it to fix the machine.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?