Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 180

Author Topic: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"  (Read 218953 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"
« Reply #2565 on: December 20, 2023, 04:47:29 pm »

I took a look at it, and it looks cool. Does produce some weird, phenomena like a moon that orbits its parent gas giant on a 180 day orbit (large, massive and luminous blue-white star, this gas giant being very far out in a huge habitable zone?), or the tenth world out in a system, which itself has a 22 hour orbit (lots of very small planets circling a very small red dwarf?? At least it's supposedly very hot with molten material around the equator and the life was said to be specially tailored for the environment.)

Honestly, it seems stable enough you can draw these conclusions about what the rest of the system looks like to make sense of the planet without having to ditch parts of the planet description and say "thats not possible" so good job.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: December 20, 2023, 05:13:03 pm »

I took a look at it, and it looks cool. Does produce some weird, phenomena like a moon that orbits its parent gas giant on a 180 day orbit (large, massive and luminous blue-white star, this gas giant being very far out in a huge habitable zone?), or the tenth world out in a system, which itself has a 22 hour orbit (lots of very small planets circling a very small red dwarf?? At least it's supposedly very hot with molten material around the equator and the life was said to be specially tailored for the environment.)

Honestly, it seems stable enough you can draw these conclusions about what the rest of the system looks like to make sense of the planet without having to ditch parts of the planet description and say "thats not possible" so good job.

Yea, it is not supposed to be realistic. Whimsical Fantasy-Scifi theme is what I am going for. There were many scientific planet generators. And none like this.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: December 20, 2023, 05:29:27 pm »

The tepuis in the description of the environment are nice to visualize as a planetary feature.

I wonder if you had a computer run generations until you get a match, if you could extrapolate a generation number to match ratio and get a good enough estimate on the total variability?

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: December 26, 2023, 02:08:58 pm »

I just learned about fractional derivatives today (that is, instead of what's the second derivative of a function, what's the 1 and 1/2 derivative of that function).

There are several general formulae for this which has some interesting properties, such as if you use that formula at integer (not fraction) derivative orders you get the usual derivatives.

But if you use the fractional form, the values are nonlocal - they depend on a limit of integration.

Apparently nobody has a meaningful description of what this means, even though the math works.

Because it oddly changes a local operator (standard differential operator) to a nonlocal operator, I wonder if this has something to do with quantum mechanics, entanglement, and the mysterious collapse of the wavefunction.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: December 27, 2023, 02:35:15 am »

So if the Flash's ability isn't just to be able to run fast, but also to be able to boost his mental frame rate, then he'd be able to see things "in slow motion" without running fast.

His heart and brain probably have to be working faster, which might be difficult to separate from his running power.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: December 28, 2023, 09:07:39 pm »

I wish I had a hole, a warm hole made out of cushion where the air is made out of food, light is drugs and sound is friendship, and the hole is the internet but also an inaccessible fortress, all points cotangent. Everybody is invited but nobody is allowed to enter, not enter or leave.

Had I a philosophers stone, could I turn it into a hole?
let

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: December 29, 2023, 02:30:15 am »

You could probably use it to dig a hole, at least.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: December 29, 2023, 02:49:10 am »

"This is my hole, it was made for me!"
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: December 29, 2023, 05:16:24 am »

You could probably use it to dig a hole, at least.

Fuck I love this. It's like why would you write a complaint if you can use your keyboard as bludgeon instead. Monkey problems require monkey solution. If a monkey stared into a philophers stone, it wouldn't see a monkey looking back, but rather it would see a nice smooth wieldy stone.
let

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: December 30, 2023, 04:49:39 pm »

People here, when they first meet me, have this unsaid, latent expectation of me having a girlfriend. Like, they seem genuinely surprised to hear that I don't. Why is this?

Like, I am flaming garbage. What do they see in me to think, "Yea this guy is definitely taken"?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: December 30, 2023, 05:17:56 pm »

You must be handsome and charming.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2576 on: December 31, 2023, 07:42:59 am »

People here, when they first meet me, have this unsaid, latent expectation of me having a girlfriend. Like, they seem genuinely surprised to hear that I don't. Why is this?

Like, I am flaming garbage. What do they see in me to think, "Yea this guy is definitely taken"?
Are you tall?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: December 31, 2023, 08:30:29 am »

It's the chiseled cube jaw
Love, scriver~

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: December 31, 2023, 10:41:55 am »

You must be handsome and charming.

People do say that. But I dunno.

Are you tall?

Nope. I am actually kinda short (1.6-1.7 meters).

It's the chiseled cube jaw

Of course! I mean, take a look at this face!

Perfectly square face? Check!

Predator eyes? Check!

Neat, clean teeth? Three full sets of 'em, check!

All a person could ever want!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2579 on: December 31, 2023, 12:25:54 pm »

Ah yes. People like hot people, and magma is known to be 1,300*C
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 180