Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 180

Author Topic: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"  (Read 218908 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"
« Reply #2100 on: September 28, 2022, 06:02:32 am »

I agree with Frumple, but fair...
Simon Serwer - Dagger Dance
I almost suggested him earlier, but I'm glad the classic background was suggested first.
It's legitimately good.
It isn't "escaped lunatic" like some of Serwer's works, but Toady made some good background music for fort building.

While I do like Dagger Dance, I personally would've cast my vote for what I still consider to be Swerwer's Magnum Opus... Namely, actually singing in Dwarvish in Tankard Basher

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: September 28, 2022, 06:12:42 am »

While I do like Dagger Dance, I personally would've cast my vote for what I still consider to be Swerwer's Magnum Opus... Namely, actually singing in Dwarvish in Tankard Basher
Come on. Danger Room is superior.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: September 28, 2022, 09:13:05 am »

I agree with Frumple, but fair...
Simon Serwer - Dagger Dance
I almost suggested him earlier, but I'm glad the classic background was suggested first.
It's legitimately good.
It isn't "escaped lunatic" like some of Serwer's works, but Toady made some good background music for fort building.

It's less chaotic, ironically, but I do fiercely agree.  Mmnph, I can practically sing this, knowing the meaning of the words.
I named multiple DND characters in DF, most notably my avatar - Adil "tongsletter" ("Wall" Olinlolor).  A "manly woman" back 12 years ago, a reminder that I was always "like this" even if I didn't know the words.

Die with your axe in the dark is the chorus, if I remember right!  The wine is dark, the wine is red, such and such, die holding your axe in the dark!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: September 28, 2022, 09:46:18 am »

I still love song_game and think it gets suitably chaotic. Not a truly random chaos, one which follows from the starting conditions.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: October 10, 2022, 05:15:15 am »

You know what I want with future DF? I want for there to be an oversight so catastrophically bad, that our despicable machinations over it will surpass even the merbaby farm project in terms of horror.

It has been so long since this community glowed with that energy.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: October 10, 2022, 05:38:09 am »

Nothing says FUN in Dwarf Fortress like committing horrible experiments on anything that moves in the names of Science and Profit!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2106 on: October 10, 2022, 05:52:11 am »

I think the playerbase has mellowed out more. It's very Tolkeinesque in a way; you had your 1st and 2nd age where things were wild and people were blowing up the sun and making were-blender chamelon cloning facilities, and now we're in the 3rd age where people are more concerned with making strawberry wine by the brook in peace

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: October 10, 2022, 06:23:57 am »

I think the playerbase has mellowed out more. It's very Tolkeinesque in a way; you had your 1st and 2nd age where things were wild and people were blowing up the sun and making were-blender chamelon cloning facilities, and now we're in the 3rd age where people are more concerned with making strawberry wine by the brook in peace

You would be right, unfortunately.

But the evil can be done in less crazy yet equally fun ways. In an event that the forum rejuvenates with the Steam release, we can re-enact Archcrystal with the newbies; forcing them to make merpeople bone crafts and imprisoning them because they literally cannot, all the while munching on demon meat roasts. And stuff.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: October 10, 2022, 09:27:38 am »

Speak for yourselves; I still want to fine-tune some aquatic grappler beasts that can pop up next to bridges or through small holes and then drag enemies underwater to drown while being crushed.

...also kinda want to restart my pathogen research from the old days. A lot has changed since then, I wanna see how much of the old system is still relevant, and how much the new system can be manipulated.

I'm thinking a proper hemorrhagic plague could be fun; make a critter with toxic blood that transmits a syndrome that causes rapid-onset massive bleeding, along with applying the necessary tags to make THAT creature's blood carry the same syndrome. Then carve out a large wading pool, splatter one of those critters in the area so that the water gets contaminated with its blood, and then watch as the goblins march through, get sick, and explode into more bioweaponized fluid.

I mean, sure, it's no dwarven supersoldier program... But we all need a hobby, right?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: October 10, 2022, 01:40:42 pm »

I still enjoy a good vampire spike pit blood-well. I never managed to get girlinhats child care cubes going, I'm not good at getting the little buggers into the cages.

One thing you can do with interactions is resurrect and fully heal wild animals that have been torn to pieces in a repeating spike pit for infinite meat. Then reintroduce the spike pit traps and the resurrecting party and an enemy to trigger hostilities. (regional effects work but can get out of control) So like LW's zombie farm but with even more meat per critter, as on average they'll be resurrectable two or three times with multiple limbs getting ripped off by the spikes in each iteration. And if they escape they won't go on a rampage or scare dwarves. Usually. You could resurrect enemies, like goblins, for multiple training sessions in an arena. But they do gain skill and may eventually overtake your trainees.

You can also get away with infinite meat by regularly summoning creatures as pets and just butchering them immediately, but that's nowhere near as maliciously evil.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: October 11, 2022, 11:35:45 am »

gt
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 10:59:10 am by dragdeler »
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: October 11, 2022, 11:57:24 am »

you see opinions are like assholes, some people suffer from uncontrollable diarrhea.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: October 14, 2022, 06:24:49 pm »

cat, if you eat my food, i eat your toes

your crunchy little kitten toes
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: October 14, 2022, 07:13:28 pm »

cat, if you eat my food, i eat your toes

your crunchy little kitten toes

This is the random thoughts thread. Not the psychotic thoughts thread.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: October 14, 2022, 07:29:44 pm »

nah man it's that cute/aggression thing, where cuteness makes you want to do a violence

little kitty toe beans qualify as a cuteness agitator
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 180