Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Smoothed aquifer stone still produces water?  (Read 2866 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Smoothed aquifer stone still produces water?
« on: March 19, 2018, 06:06:33 am »

Ok, here the save. War and mythos mod, created in 44.05, played in 44.07, encountered in 44.05.
And here is the picture
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There is huge pumpstack pumping water to upper levels. From where all this water keeps coming from? To me it looks like it's not only smoothed stone spewing water, but also smoothed hematite spewing water, despite not being a valid aquifer stone in the first place. If it's a bug, and not just some kind of weird behaviour, i'm placing this on bug tracker.
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Kametec_Housen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smoothed aquifer stone still produces water?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 07:26:29 am »

I think I've read somewhere that smoothed aquifer will start leaking water when reclaiming/unretiring a fortress. I cannot find where I found it though and never tried to verify it myself.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 08:42:57 am »

What about the tiles above it and the ramps, are those nessecary or accounted for being the source of the water?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 08:54:54 am »

Wasn't a reclaim or unretire, though.

What about the tiles above it and the ramps, are those nessecary or accounted for being the source of the water?
Tiles above can produce water? Bleugh, why i didn't know about this? Thanks, it seems that was the issue.
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 12:24:13 pm »

Wasn't a reclaim or unretire, though.

Tiles above can produce water? Bleugh, why i didn't know about this? Thanks, it seems that was the issue.
Yes, that's the most insidious form, as you don't get any warning when digging upwards into an aquifer, so the fortress can quietly fill up with water while your attention is elsewhere. You need to have one layer of a non aquifer bearing material between you and the aquifer above (and you can't smooth the ceiling, unfortunately, nor can you build one from below).