Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Additions + Some other things  (Read 3303 times)

Sooner535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure Mode Additions + Some other things
« on: February 26, 2018, 11:22:41 am »

First if you don't mind some backstory on my experience with DF (If you don't much care about this, then skip to the part marked Suggestions). I started to try DF about 1 year ago. I grabbed a random Tilepack (I believe Phoebus? Or Obsidian), then set off to play 2 games of adventure mode. I fell in love more with the world creation. the legends viewer, and by extension the fantasy behind DF then the game I was playing. I would spend hours and I do mean hours pouring over text about certain people claiming the world around them, fighting mythical beasts, etc. However I didn't have the experience to play AM so the 2 playthroughs (1 as a paladin like character and 1 as a archer) fell flat, I then went into fortress mode...... 20 minutes of that and I had bought Gnomoria and was off to the races in a game I would spill 100s of hours into. Recently a video popped up in my feed on youtube from a youtuber I watch a lot named Nookrium, his play through of LNP and rebuilding the Dwarven empire had me excited again to see the DF world, this time however I watched his around 50 minute tutorial and then set off to fortress mode. 200 Dwarfs later and about 40 hours in and I had made a fort that could stand the test of time, although I didn't go into the caverns much I decided the reason for the fort (to get me familiar with the game) had been accomplished thus twinklingchambers was retired into legend.

Then my second fort.... Which was boring tbh, I still didn't want to dig down enough to fight creatures, no I wanted epic sieges and huge above ground battles, so I retired my new fort in it's second year, the year 12 of the world that I had created and moved to DF Masterwork (where I am today and may just stay forever, thank you Meph for the ability to play as other races, try new things, and all the work you did, I hope MW gets updated one day to the latest versions). Anyways that is my backstory with DF, I have also tried to get about 7 friends to play DF but none seem to easily grasp it, idk why most have played Towns. Gnomoria, etc. And tbh DF is those games with more complexity, world gen, and a terrible UI.... What works in those games mostly works in this, but oh well on to the crux of the matter.

Suggestions Intro:
A bit of an beforehand thing. I have been looking into every single interview done by the DF devs, I have watched a few more of Nook's and Quill's videos to better udnerstand the game and have fun just hearing their stories, so I think I have a decent (though not complete mind you) grasp of both the mechanics and the current state of DF, so that is where my ideas stim from, onward.
!

Suggestions:

1 (Intro). I would love to get back into AM, I love anything where you are plopped into a world and play as YOU, it's enjoyable to create ones backstory and to interact with the world around you. However oddly enough I played Elona as less of an adventurer and more as a business owner, I play MP Project Zomboid as the cook, I play Minecraft as a miner.... I like the support things, the being the person who may not have a mile long kill count, but was there for things and was apart of them. What I have always wanted was a game that created a near living and breathing world around me, one where every character had their own place, ideas, ambitions, story, etc. This is that game (or at least in my eyes the only game that comes close). As such there are tons of roles I would love to play in AM such as: A diplomat, a soldier, a king, a builder, a miner, a farmer, just a plain citizen, a cook, etc. I wonder what it would be like to march with an army of humans to attack a goblin fortress, or to be sent to settle a dispute between 2 human civs, or to cook the meals of a baron, to play my music in the halls of a king, to own a house inside a large human city and just live there and go to work everyday. to be a bandit that ransacks villages for profit, etc. etc. etc. I cannot imagine nor fathom the sheer amazement this would be, to literally be anyone in the world you want, to be just a dwarf on a expedition to found a new mounthome, doing tasks the expedition leader set and helping build a fortress with the AI in charge instead of you...... I also don't even think this would be possible, I am not a great programmer, I have modded a few games, so I do not pretend to know the scope of such a thing so here is the suggestion:

1. Make is possible to be anything in adventure mode, including a soldier, diplomat, miner, etc. Open the roles up to even the mundane for those that want it. (if it where possible) and allow people to buy homes in towns, work with a city to build new building in real time, etc. (Is this even possible?)

2. (Intro). I love that orcs are a civ in MW, however why are they not in vanilla DF? Seems kind of weird that all the "fantasy" races are shown off except the poor orcs, any reason to this?

2. Make Orcs a civilization in the world

3. (Intro). I imagine this has already been touched on a lot, as a matter of fact I have seen it in the forums, on the development page, and other places in one form or another, however it is mostly assigned to adventure mode, and I think cavalry in fortress mode would be nice.

3. Make animals mountable in fortress mode so you can use cavalry to fight off other nations cav that they bring.

4. (Intro). There are many things about the UI, game mechanics, etc. That seem purposely off putting, I cannot imagine this being intentional so here is a few small things that would help with things for new players

4. Make zones and stockpiles expandable (no more deleting them and adding them again, give us expanding options), make dirt and paved roads a floor type not a building (I can kind of understand why it is a building, however it is very annoying only being able to do little patches of road then of a bug crawls on the space you have to suspend the darn thing and do it again, very aggravating) tbh most of it's issues could be fixed by having dwarfs move things that are in the way, chop things down that are in the way, pick things that are in the way, etc. When I tell them to build somewhere they need to be smart enough to clear a area, I think that would make a lot of big construction easier.

5. (intro). I have been playing a town of humans on MW for a few hours, I know they will not be added to the game as playable (I don't think they should either, it's dwarf fortress after all). However one thing that is really annoying is the tedium of building above ground, and I think 1 little thing would fix this.

5. Let dwarfs build up 1 Z level, just 1 would help in wall construction. roof construction, etc. It's not that unfeasible and would make things like little above ground houses easier to do for those that want to do that.

6. (Intro). I have an idea while playing (again) as far as I am aware human, dwarven, elven, etc. Civs don't interact with eachother, I may be wrong on this but I don't remember seeing a single Human vs. Human war or Dwarf vs. Dwarf etc. Nor any diplomacy going between the two, you just interact with YOUR mountainhome and that is it, no trade caravans from another dwarven civ so here we go:

6. Make it to where each races civ has diplomacy with all other civs of it's race (be it they can be at war, have a trade agreement, ally together, etc.) Would be cool also if there was a sort of "race government" dependent on race, like: Dwarfs can have kings that meet together (if they are close enough of course) and call out a high king, this high king leads both nations (so it will be uncommon for dwarfs to fight dwarfs)). Meanwhile Humans might not get along together and be more prone to inter-species wars, goblins could have war chiefs that do somewhere inbetween of the humans and dwarfs (so they are more closely knit then humans but are more prone to inter-species wars than dwarfs).

6 (caveat). I don't know if I have ever had 2 of the same races civs close enough to encounter this, as such this may already be a thing (so sorry if it is).

Closing: I think that just about covers it, hopefully this post is semi readable and at least some of the suggestions are not things people have talked to death, I look forward to responses to this (do the devs respond to forums alot? Just curious). Anyways thank you for reading and have a swell day.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 05:21:42 pm by Sooner535 »

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some ideas for the game after playing awhile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 01:02:42 pm »

Suggestions:

1 (Intro). I would love to get back into AM, I love anything where you are plopped into a world and play as YOU, it's enjoyable to create ones backstory and to interact with the world around you. However oddly enough I played Elona as less of an adventurer and more as a business owner, I play MP Project Zomboid as the cook, I play Minecraft as a miner.... I like the support things, the being the person who may not have a mile long kill count, but was there for things and was apart of them. What I have always wanted was a game that created a near living and breathing world around me, one where every character had their own place, ideas, ambitions, story, etc. This is that game (or at least in my eyes the only game that comes close). As such there are tons of roles I would love to play in AM such as: A diplomat, a soldier, a king, a builder, a miner, a farmer, just a plain citizen, a cook, etc. I wonder what it would be like to march with an army of humans to attack a goblin fortress, or to be sent to settle a dispute between 2 human civs, or to cook the meals of a baron, to play my music in the halls of a king, to own a house inside a large human city and just live there and go to work everyday. to be a bandit that ransacks villages for profit, etc. etc. etc. I cannot imagine nor fathom the sheer amazement this would be, to literally be anyone in the world you want, to be just a dwarf on a expedition to found a new mounthome, doing tasks the expedition leader set and helping build a fortress with the AI in charge instead of you...... I also don't even think this would be possible, I am not a great programmer, I have modded a few games, so I do not pretend to know the scope of such a thing so here is the suggestion:

1. Make is possible to be anything in adventure mode, including a soldier, diplomat, miner, etc. Open the roles up to even the mundane for those that want it. (if it where possible) and allow people to buy homes in towns, work with a city to build new building in real time, etc. (Is this even possible?)

That is pretty much the planned future of the game. 

2. (Intro). I love that orcs are a civ in MW, however why are they not in vanilla DF? Seems kind of weird that all the "fantasy" races are shown off except the poor orcs, any reason to this?

2. Make Orcs a civilization in the world

You can mod them into the game effortlessly, I have already done so.  Why orcs are not in the game is probably because they are basically the goblins than the game presently has. 

3. (Intro). I imagine this has already been touched on a lot, as a matter of fact I have seen it in the forums, on the development page, and other places in one form or another, however it is mostly assigned to adventure mode, and I think cavalry in fortress mode would be nice.

3. Make animals mountable in fortress mode so you can use cavalry to fight off other nations cav that they bring.

Pretty much sure that is planned in the future, but RPGs tend not to like cavalry. 

4. (Intro). There are many things about the UI, game mechanics, etc. That seem purposely off putting, I cannot imagine this being intentional so here is a few small things that would help with things for new players

4. Make zones and stockpiles expandable (no more deleting them and adding them again, give us expanding options), make dirt and paved roads a floor type not a building (I can kind of understand why it is a building, however it is very annoying only being able to do little patches of road then of a bug crawls on the space you have to suspend the darn thing and do it again, very aggravating) tbh most of it's issues could be fixed by having dwarfs move things that are in the way, chop things down that are in the way, pick things that are in the way, etc. When I tell them to build somewhere they need to be smart enough to clear a area, I think that would make a lot of big construction easier.

5. (intro). I have been playing a town of humans on MW for a few hours, I know they will not be added to the game as playable (I don't think they should either, it's dwarf fortress after all). However one thing that is really annoying is the tedium of building above ground, and I think 1 little thing would fix this.

5. Let dwarfs build up 1 Z level, just 1 would help in wall construction. roof construction, etc. It's not that unfeasible and would make things like little above ground houses easier to do for those that want to do that.

Closing: I think that just about covers it, hopefully this post is semi readable and at least some of the suggestions are not things people have talked to death, I look forward to responses to this (do the devs respond to forums alot? Just curious). Anyways thank you for reading and have a swell day.

Everyone wants better interface I am afraid. 

Sooner535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 01:19:28 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. Now that is a great thing to hear ,the idea of doing even half of those things makes me want to do just adventure mode later on lol

2. Are they not stronger in some way? I picture orcs as just tougher goblins (maybe a bit more organized too). On the topic of modding them in:

I have not touched any files in DF, could you please explain the ways to do that or point out somewhere I can learn to do so?
Also I assume you can then take that and apply it to any race you want?

3. Yes, the most RPGs I can think of are First person type RPGs that use it, however I am sure one more unique thing about DF won't hurt lol

4. Ya.... I can think of a few 10s of small but very helpful QoL improvements that would make this game more approachable, I understand it may not be a priority right now so that is fine, however it's sad to think about how many people have left DF because it was too terrible of a UI.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Additions + Some other things
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 10:09:43 pm »

Look Modding up on the wiki. ::)
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 10:17:14 pm »

5. Dwarf Fortress is what the game was many, many years ago when it was first conceived. Now it's just a brand name. Playable human towns, elf forest retreats, goblin dark pits are all in the dev notes (read the dev notes).

Next major release, removing dwarves from the game will be a standard option. Either for a more human centred world, or a total fantasy experience with wild procedurally generated races.

But yes, for other site building, a less 'digging a hole' focussed interface would be needed. Otherwise it's just big dwarves with no beards...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:20:28 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 10:38:27 pm »

2. Tolkien's orcs are goblins. It's the same thing.

And as people have already mentioned, Toady made all of the races easily editable plain text files. Any race you like can be altered or newly created. Toady's focus is on creating the ultimate procedural generator of unique fantasy worlds. Not replication of a standard DnD type land.

So, add the orcs yourself and the game will have them do wonderful things by themselves like interacting with other races and in the future they may even meet a race of procedurally generated green creatures who are slightly bigger and stronger than goblins which the game will no doubt call "Nubnuts".

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 07:44:42 am »

2. Are they not stronger in some way? I picture orcs as just tougher goblins (maybe a bit more organized too). On the topic of modding them in:

I have not touched any files in DF, could you please explain the ways to do that or point out somewhere I can learn to do so?
Also I assume you can then take that and apply it to any race you want?

Gladly.  There are two files you have to look for.  Entity_default.txt contains the list of cultures/civilizations (not seperate at the moment, the devs complain about it), while creature_standard contains a list of actual biological creatures.  The add in orcs you would have add in both an orc creature *and* an orc entity.  The orc creature I added in looks like this. 

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:MOUNTAIN_ORC]
[DESCRIPTION:Mountain orcs are ferocious biengs known for their strength and brutality.]
[NAME:mountain orc:mountain orcs:mountain orcish]
[CREATURE_TILE:'o'][COLOR:0:0:1]
[GLOWTILE:'"'][GLOWCOLOR:4:0:1]
[EVIL]
[SPOUSE_CONVERSION_TARGET]
[INTELLIGENT]
[LOCKPICKER]
[TRANCES]
[NATURAL_SKILL:SWIMMING:1]
[NATURAL_SKILL:DAGGER:1]
[NATURAL_SKILL:DISCIPLINE:1]
[NATURAL_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT:2]
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:STRENGTH:400:750:1000:1500:2000:2500:3000] *Increased strength and toughness, reduced agility.
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:TOUGHNESS:400:750:1000:1500:2000:2500:3000]
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:100:150:200:400:600:800:1000]
[CREATURE_CLASS:HUMANOID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:EVIL]
[CREATURE_CLASS:CHAOTIC]
[CREATURE_CLASS:ORC]
[CREATURE_CLASS:TORIL_CREATURE]
[BONECARN]
[CANOPENDOORS]
[PREFSTRING:strength]
[PREFSTRING:toughness]
[PREFSTRING:ferocity]
[PREFSTRING:culture]
[MAXAGE:35:45]
[GENERAL_BABY_NAME:baby mountain orc:baby mountain orcs]
[GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:mountain orc child:mountain orc children]
[BABY:1]
[CHILD:12]
[NOCTURNAL]
[PERSONALITY:VIOLENT:0:90:100]
[PERSONALITY:ANGER_PROPENSITY:0:80:100]
[PERSONALITY:BRAVERY:0:80:100]
[PERSONALITY:ASSERTIVENESS:0:80:100]
[PERSONALITY:EXCITEMENT_SEEKING:0:80:100]
[PERSONALITY:THOUGHTLESSNESS:0:80:100]
[PERSONALITY:CRUELTY:0:70:100]
[PERSONALITY:DISCORD:0:70:100]
[PERSONALITY:WASTEFULNESS:0:70:100]
[PERSONALITY:PERFECTIONIST:0:30:100]
[PERSONALITY:IMAGINATION:0:20:100]
[PERSONALITY:ABSTRACT_INCLINED:0:10:100]
[BODY:HUMANOID_NECK:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:TONGUE:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE:2TUSKS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:IVORY:TOOTH_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:ivory]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:ivory]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:IVORY:IVORY_TEMPLATE]
[]ISSUE_NAME:ivory:NP]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HEAD_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:EYEBROW:EYEBROW_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYEBROW:ABOVE:BY_CATEGORY:EYE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:EYELASH:EYELASH_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH:FRONT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL:FRONT]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RELSIZES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SWEAT:SWEAT_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TEARS:TEARS_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SPIT:SPIT_TEMPLATE]
[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SWEAT:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN:EXERTION]
[SECRETION:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:TEARS:LIQUID:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:ALL:EXTREME_EMOTION]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Spit]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:NEGATIVE_SOCIAL_RESPONSE]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:TORMENT]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
[CDI:MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SPIT:LIQUID_GLOB]
[CDI:VERB:spit:spits:NA]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:4000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:168:17500]
[BODY_SIZE:12:0:70000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:75:95:98:100:102:105:125]
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:500]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:75:95:98:100:102:105:125]
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:500]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:CLOSE_SET:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:DEEP_SET:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:ROUND_VS_NARROW:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:LIP]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:THICKNESS:50:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:lips:PLURAL]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:55:70:90:110:150:190]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:NOSE]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:25:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:30:60:90:110:150:190]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:25:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:UPTURNED:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:CONVEX:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:nose bridge:SINGULAR]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EAR]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:SPLAYED_OUT:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:ears:PLURAL]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HANGING_LOBES:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:700]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:91:94:98:102:106:109]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:GAPS:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:teeth:PLURAL]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:100:100:100:100:100:100:100] for vampires
[APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:1000]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:teeth:PLURAL]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:SKULL]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HIGH_CHEEKBONES:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROAD_CHIN:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:JUTTING_CHIN:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:SQUARE_CHIN:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:DEEP_VOICE:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:RASPY_VOICE:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[ATTACK:PUNCH:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:GRASP]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:punch:punches]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_TYPE:STANCE]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:kick:kicks]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:4:4]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK]
[ATTACK:SCRATCH:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:GRASP:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:scratch:scratches]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[EQUIPS]
[SMELL_TRIGGER:50]
[LOW_LIGHT_VISION:100]
[SKILL_LEARN_RATE:MINING:18]
[SKILL_LEARN_RATE:CRUTCH_WALK:300]
[HOMEOTHERM:10067]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:900:675:450:225:1900:2900] 39 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:6561:6115:5683:1755:7456:8567] 5 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:5341:4723:4112:1254:6433:7900] 7 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
[SWIMS_LEARNED]
[MANNERISM_FINGERS:finger:fingers]
[MANNERISM_NOSE:nose]
[MANNERISM_EAR:ear]
[MANNERISM_HEAD:head]
[MANNERISM_EYES:eyes]
[MANNERISM_MOUTH:mouth]
[MANNERISM_HAIR:hair]
[MANNERISM_KNUCKLES:knuckles]
[MANNERISM_LIPS:lips]
[MANNERISM_CHEEK:cheek]
[MANNERISM_NAILS:nails]
[MANNERISM_FEET:feet]
[MANNERISM_ARMS:arms]
[MANNERISM_HANDS:hands]
[MANNERISM_TONGUE:tongue]
[MANNERISM_LEG:leg]
[MANNERISM_LAUGH]
[MANNERISM_SMILE]
[MANNERISM_WALK]
[MANNERISM_SIT]
[MANNERISM_BREATH]
[MANNERISM_POSTURE]
[MANNERISM_STRETCH]
[MANNERISM_EYELIDS]

[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[CREATURE_CLASS:FEMALE_HUMANOID]
[CASTE_NAME:mountain orc woman:mountain orc women:mountain orc woman]
[BABYNAME:baby mountain orc girl:baby mountain orc girls]
[CHILDNAME:mountain orc girl:mountain orc girls]
[MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]

[CASTE:MALE]
[CASTE_NAME:mountain orc man:mountain orc men:mountain orc man]
[MALE]
[CREATURE_CLASS:MALE_HUMANOID]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_TYPE:LOWERBODY][BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE]
[BABYNAME:baby mountain orc boy:baby mountain orc boys]
[CHILDNAME:mountain orc boy:mountain orc boys]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]

[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHEEK_WHISKERS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHIN_WHISKERS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:MOUSTACHE]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:SIDEBURNS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYEBROW]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1:]
[TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYEBROW]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:50:80:90:100:110:120:150]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:eyebrows:PLURAL]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:55:70:90:110:130:145]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:50:80:90:100:110:120:150]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:eyelashes:PLURAL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR] *Hair grows from birth.
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[APP_MOD_RATE:1:DAILY:0:1000:0:0:NO_END]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:10:25:75:125:200:300]

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHEEK_WHISKERS]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:MOUSTACHE]
[PLUS_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:SIDEBURNS]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]

[APP_MOD_RATE:1:DAILY:0:1000:12:1:NO_END] *Beards grow from the age of 12.
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:10:25:75:125:200:300]

[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:CURLY:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:GREASY:0:70:90:100:110:130:200]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:DENSE:50:80:90:100:110:120:150]

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR]
[TISSUE_STYLE_UNIT:HAIR:STANDARD_HAIR_SHAPINGS]
[TSU_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHEEK_WHISKERS]
[TISSUE_STYLE_UNIT:BEARD:STANDARD_BEARD_SHAPINGS]
[TSU_NOUN:beard:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:MOUSTACHE]
[TISSUE_STYLE_UNIT:MOUSTACHE:STANDARD_MOUSTACHE_SHAPINGS]
[TSU_NOUN:moustache:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:SIDEBURNS]
[TISSUE_STYLE_UNIT:SIDEBURNS:STANDARD_SIDEBURNS_SHAPINGS]
[TSU_NOUN:sideburns:PLURAL]

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:GRAY:1:SILVER:1:RUSSET:1:TAUPE_GRAY:1:TAUPE_PURPLE:1:SLATE_GRAY:1:CHARCOAL:1:DARK_OLIVE:1:FERN_GREEN:1:DARK_TAN:1:TAUPE_DARK:1:PALE_BROWN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:MINT_GREEN:1:PINE_GREEN:1:JADE:1:DARK_VIOLET:1:DARK_INDIGO:1 ]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:WRINKLY:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[APP_MOD_RATE:1:YEARLY:0:80:20:0:NO_END]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:0:0:0:1:25:50]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:IRIS_EYE_RED:1:IRIS_EYE_RED:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]

The orc culture/civilization looks like this.

Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:MOUNTAIN_ORC]
[ITEM_THIEF]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE]
[CREATURE:MOUNTAIN_ORC]
[ALL_MAIN_POPS_CONTROLLABLE]
[TRANSLATION:DARAKTAN]
[DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_WHIP]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_BATTLE]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MACE]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BOW]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BLOWGUN]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BLOWDARTS]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_PIKE]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HALBERD]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_2H]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_LONG]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MAUL]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_GREAT]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SCOURGE]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_FLAIL]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MORNINGSTAR]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SCIMITAR]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:COMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_MAIL_SHIRT:COMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_LEATHER:COMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_CLOAK:COMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_TUNIC:COMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_ROBE:COMMON]
[HELM:ITEM_HELM_HELM:COMMON]
[HELM:ITEM_HELM_CAP:COMMON]
[HELM:ITEM_HELM_HOOD:COMMON]
[HELM:ITEM_HELM_MASK:UNCOMMON]
[HELM:ITEM_HELM_KO_COMMON_DROOPING:UNCOMMON]
[HELM:ITEM_HELM_KO_COMMON_POINTED:UNCOMMON]
[GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GAUNTLETS:COMMON]
[GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GLOVES:COMMON]
[SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SHOES:COMMON]
[SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS:COMMON]
[SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS_LOW:COMMON]
[SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SANDAL:COMMON]
[SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SOCKS:COMMON]
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_PANTS:COMMON]
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_GREAVES:COMMON]
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_LEGGINGS:COMMON]
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_LOINCLOTH:COMMON]
[SHIELD:ITEM_SHIELD_SHIELD]
[SIEGEAMMO:ITEM_SIEGEAMMO_BALLISTA]
[TOY:ITEM_TOY_AXE]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_NEST_BOX]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_JUG]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_HIVE]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_MINECART]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_WHEELBARROW]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_CIVILIAN_DAGGER]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_CIVILIAN_DAGGER2]
[TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_GIANTAXEBLADE]
[TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_ENORMOUSCORKSCREW]
[TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_SPIKEDBALL]
[TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_LARGESERRATEDDISC]
[TRAPCOMP:ITEM_TRAPCOMP_MENACINGSPIKE]
[CLOTHING]
[SUBTERRANEAN_CLOTHING]
[RIVER_PRODUCTS]
[OCEAN_PRODUCTS]
[CURRENCY:COPPER:1]
[CURRENCY:SILVER:5]
[CURRENCY:GOLD:15]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:WAR:NAME_WAR]
[SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:WAR:VIOLENT]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:BATTLE:NAME_BATTLE]
[SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:BATTLE:VIOLENT]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:SIEGE:NAME_SIEGE]
[SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:SIEGE:VIOLENT]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:NEGATOR]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:PRIMITIVE]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:WILD]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:VIOLENT]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:ASSERTIVE]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:ALL:LEADER]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:TEMPLE:NAME_BUILDING_TEMPLE]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:LIBRARY:NAME_BUILDING_LIBRARY]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:DOMESTIC]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:FLOWERY]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:PEACE]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:GOOD]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:NEGATIVE]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:RESTRAIN]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:THOUGHT]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:ORDER]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:BOUNDARY]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:SUBORDINATE]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:SILENCE]
[RELIGION:PANTHEON]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:STRENGTH]
[RELIGION_SPHERE:WAR]
[STONE_PREF]
[METAL_PREF]
[GEM_PREF]
[USE_EVIL_ANIMALS]
[COMMON_DOMESTIC_PACK]
[COMMON_DOMESTIC_MOUNT]
[COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL]
[COMMON_DOMESTIC_PET]
[USE_EVIL_PLANTS]
[USE_EVIL_WOOD]
[USE_ANIMAL_PRODUCTS]
[USE_MISC_PROCESSED_WOOD_PRODUCTS]
[EQUIPMENT_IMPROVEMENTS]
[ABUSE_BODIES]
[ART_FACET_MODIFIER:GOOD:0]
[ART_FACET_MODIFIER:EVIL:512]
[FRIENDLY_COLOR:6:0:0]
[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY] *orogs will have dark fortress.
[LIKES_SITE:DARK_FORTRESS]
[LIKES_SITE:CITY]
[LIKES_SITE:CAVE_DETAILED]
[LIKES_SITE:TREE_CITY]
[LIKES_SITE:CAVE]
[TOLERATES_SITE:CAVE]
[TOLERATES_SITE:CAVE_DETAILED]
[TOLERATES_SITE:DARK_FORTRESS]
[TOLERATES_SITE:CITY]
[TOLERATES_SITE:TREE_CITY]
[EXCLUSIVE_START_BIOME:MOUNTAIN]
[START_BIOME:NOT_FREEZING]
[START_BIOME:TUNDRA]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:MOUNTAIN:10]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:NOT_FREEZING:10]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:TUNDRA:10]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_RIVER:4]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_LAKE:3]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_OCEAN:2]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:0]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:0]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:1]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:0]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:0]
[ACTIVE_SEASON:SUMMER]
[SIEGER]
[AMBUSHER]
[MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:100]
[MAX_POP_NUMBER:10000]
[MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER:120]
[WANDERER]
[BEAST_HUNTER]
[SCOUT]
[MERCENARY]
[GENERATE_WIND_INSTRUMENTS]
[GENERATE_PERCUSSION_INSTRUMENTS]
[GENERATE_MUSICAL_FORMS]
[GENERATE_DANCE_FORMS]
[PERMITTED_JOB:MINER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:WOODWORKER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:CARPENTER] [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_PEDESTAL] [TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DISPLAY_CASE]
[PERMITTED_JOB:BOWYER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:WOODCUTTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:STONEWORKER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:ENGRAVER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:MASON]
[PERMITTED_JOB:RANGER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:ANIMAL_CARETAKER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:ANIMAL_TRAINER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:HUNTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:TRAPPER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:METALSMITH]
[PERMITTED_JOB:FURNACE_OPERATOR]
[PERMITTED_JOB:ARMORER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:WEAPONSMITH]
[PERMITTED_JOB:BLACKSMITH]
[PERMITTED_JOB:METALCRAFTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:WOODCRAFTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:JEWELER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:GEM_CUTTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:GEM_SETTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:STONECRAFTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:LEATHERWORKER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:WOODCRAFTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:BONE_CARVER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:WEAVER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:CLOTHIER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:GLASSMAKER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:POTTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:FISHERY_WORKER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:FISHERMAN]
[PERMITTED_JOB:FISH_DISSECTOR]
[PERMITTED_JOB:FISH_CLEANER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:COOK]
[PERMITTED_JOB:BUTCHER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:TANNER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:BREWER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:WOOD_BURNER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:SHEARER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:SPINNER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:PRESSER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:MECHANIC]
[PERMITTED_JOB:ENGINEER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:SIEGE_ENGINEER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:SIEGE_OPERATOR]
[PERMITTED_JOB:PUMP_OPERATOR]
[PERMITTED_JOB:CLERK]
[PERMITTED_JOB:ADMINISTRATOR]
[PERMITTED_JOB:TRADER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:ARCHITECT]
[PERMITTED_JOB:ALCHEMIST]
[PERMITTED_JOB:DOCTOR]
[PERMITTED_JOB:DIAGNOSER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:BONE_SETTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:SUTURER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:SURGEON]
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:SCREW_PRESS]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:TAN_A_HIDE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:RENDER_FAT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MILL_SEEDS_NUTS_TO_PASTE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_CLAY_JUG]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_CLAY_BRICKS]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_CLAY_STATUE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_LARGE_CLAY_POT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_CLAY_CRAFTS]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_CLAY_HIVE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BREW_DRINK_FROM_PLANT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BREW_DRINK_FROM_PLANT_GROWTH]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PROCESS_PLANT_TO_BAG]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BITUMINOUS_COAL_TO_COKE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:LIGNITE_TO_COKE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BRONZE_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:BRONZE_MAKING2]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PIG_IRON_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:STEEL_MAKING]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:KO_COMMON_HARDEN_A_HIDE]

[ETHIC:KILL_ENTITY_MEMBER:JUSTIFIED_IF_SELF_DEFENSE]
[ETHIC:KILL_NEUTRAL:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:KILL_ENEMY:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:KILL_ANIMAL:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:KILL_PLANT:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_AS_EXAMPLE:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_INFORMATION:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_ANIMALS:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TREASON:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]
[ETHIC:OATH_BREAKING:APPALLING]
[ETHIC:LYING:PERSONAL_MATTER]
[ETHIC:VANDALISM:PERSONAL_MATTER]
[ETHIC:TRESPASSING:PERSONAL_MATTER]
[ETHIC:THEFT:PERSONAL_MATTER]
[ETHIC:ASSAULT:PERSONAL_MATTER]
[ETHIC:SLAVERY:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAME_RACE:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_ANIMAL:ACCEPTABLE]

[VARIABLE_VALUE:FRIENDSHIP:-30:30]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:STOICISM:-30:30]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:MERRIMENT:0:50]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:CRAFTSMANSHIP:-50:0]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:MARTIAL_PROWESS:20:50]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:SKILL:-30:30]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:PERSEVERANCE:0:50]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:0:50]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:ROMANCE:-50:0]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:LAW:-50:-20]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:KNOWLEDGE:-50:-20]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:TRUTH:-30:30]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:FAIRNESS:-50:-20]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:INDEPENDENCE:-30:30]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:SELF_CONTROL:-50:-20]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:TRANQUILITY:-50:-20]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:SACRIFICE:-50:-20]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:COMMERCE:-50:-20]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:PEACE:-50:-20]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:POWER:20:50]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:COMPETITION:20:50]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:LOYALTY:-30:30]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:TRADITION:-30:30]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:FAMILY:-30:30]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:CUNNING:-50:10]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:COOPERATION:-30:30]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:ELOQUENCE:-50:0]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:DECORUM:-50:-20]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:ARTWORK:-50:0]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:INTROSPECTION::-50:-20]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:HARMONY:-50:-20]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:HARD_WORK:-50:-20]
[VARIABLE_VALUE:NATURE:-30:30]
[BANDITRY:50]
[STONE_SHAPE:OVAL_CABOCHON]
[STONE_SHAPE:ROUND_CABOCHON]
[STONE_SHAPE:CUSHION_CABOCHON]
[STONE_SHAPE:RECTANGULAR_CABOCHON]
[GEM_SHAPE:OVAL_CABOCHON]
[GEM_SHAPE:ROUND_CABOCHON]
[GEM_SHAPE:CUSHION_CABOCHON]
[GEM_SHAPE:RECTANGULAR_CABOCHON]
[GEM_SHAPE:POINT_CUT_GEM]
[GEM_SHAPE:TABLE_CUT_GEM]
[GEM_SHAPE:SINGLE_CUT_GEM]
[GEM_SHAPE:ROSE_CUT_GEM]
[GEM_SHAPE:BRIOLETTE_CUT_GEM]

[TISSUE_STYLE:HAIR]
[TS_PREFERRED_SHAPING:STANDARD_HAIR_SHAPINGS]
[TISSUE_STYLE:SIDEBURNS]
[TS_PREFERRED_SHAPING:STANDARD_SIDEBURNS_SHAPINGS]
[TISSUE_STYLE:MOUSTACHE]
[TS_PREFERRED_SHAPING:STANDARD_MOUSTACHE_SHAPINGS]
[TISSUE_STYLE:BEARD]
[TS_PREFERRED_SHAPING:STANDARD_BEARD_SHAPINGS]

[LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER:1:50:100000:1000000]
[LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER:2:100:200000:2000000]
[LAND_HOLDER_TRIGGER:3:200:400000:4000000]

[POSITION:HIGH_KING]
[NAME:high king:high kings]
[NUMBER:1]
[RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING]
[RESPONSIBILITY:RECEIVE_DIPLOMATS]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_GOALS]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_STRATEGY]
[RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_ENFORCEMENT]
[PRECEDENCE:2]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[COLOR:5:0:0]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS]
[ALLOWED_CLASS:MALE_HUMANOID]

[POSITION:MINION]
[NAME:minion:minions]
[RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE]
[RESPONSIBILITY:ESTABLISH_COLONY_TRADE_AGREEMENTS]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MAKE_PEACE_AGREEMENTS]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MAKE_TOPIC_AGREEMENTS]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MAKE_INTRODUCTIONS]
[APPOINTED_BY:HIGH_KING]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[PRECEDENCE:500]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[COLOR:6:0:1]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[ALLOWED_CLASS:FEMALE_HUMANOID]

[POSITION:KING]
[NAME:king:kings]
[NUMBER:AS_NEEDED]
[LAND_HOLDER:3]
[SQUAD:10:bloodrager:bloodragers]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[PRECEDENCE:20]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS]

[POSITION:WARLORD]
[NAME:warlord:warlords]
[LAND_HOLDER:2]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[REPLACED_BY:KING]
[PRECEDENCE:40]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS]

[POSITION:HIGH_CHIEF]
[NAME:high chief:high chiefs]
[LAND_HOLDER:1]
[RESPONSIBILITY:BUILD_MORALE]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[REPLACED_BY:WARLORD]
[PRECEDENCE:80]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS]

[POSITION:CHIEF]
[NAME:chief:chiefs]
[SITE]
[ELECTED]
[REPLACED_BY:HIGH_CHIEF]
[REPLACED_BY:WARLORD]
[REPLACED_BY:KING]
[RESPONSIBILITY:BUILD_MORALE]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[PRECEDENCE:100]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[COLOR:1:0:1]
[DUTY_BOUND]

[POSITION:SHAMAN]
[NAME:shaman:shamans]
[SITE]
[APPOINTED_BY:CHIEF]
[APPOINTED_BY:HIGH_CHIEF]
[APPOINTED_BY:WARLORD]
[APPOINTED_BY:KING]
[RESPONSIBILITY:RELIGION]
[RESPONSIBILITY:TRADE]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MANAGE_PRODUCTION]
[RESPONSIBILITY:ACCOUNTING]
[RESPONSIBILITY:HEALTH_MANAGEMENT]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MEET_WORKERS]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[PRECEDENCE:300]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[COLOR:4:0:0]
[DUTY_BOUND]

[POSITION:FORCED_ADMINISTRATOR]
[NAME:bully:bullies]
[CONQUERED_SITE]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS]
[DUTY_BOUND]
[COLOR:5:0:1]
[PRECEDENCE:100]
[DETERMINES_COIN_DESIGN]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MANAGE_PRODUCTION]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MEET_WORKERS]

The key thing here is the [CREATURE:MOUNTAIN_ORC] in the 2nd file.  You make the culture and then insert into it a biological creature.  It can only be one biological creature unfortunately, if you add more than one it will pick one of them randomly but it does not allow more than one creature to share the same entity which is rather annoying to us modders. 

One thing you cannot do however is create a unique site for orcs.  This is one reason why the game not having orcs in vanilla matters, it means that you would have to give your modded orcs the site-form presently used by an existing vanilla race. 

3. Yes, the most RPGs I can think of are First person type RPGs that use it, however I am sure one more unique thing about DF won't hurt lol

Most RPGs I am aware of do not make extensive use of horses or mounted troops.  Some of them *have* horses and even allow you to ride them, but mounted combat is not something they use much and horses are very much optional.  It matters because Toady One (not sure about Threetoes) gaming background is not a town-builder one but a RPG one, as this article reports.  Toady One's thinking is RPG based then, which means he has a bias towards RPG-type content. 

2. Tolkien's orcs are goblins. It's the same thing.

And as people have already mentioned, Toady made all of the races easily editable plain text files. Any race you like can be altered or newly created. Toady's focus is on creating the ultimate procedural generator of unique fantasy worlds. Not replication of a standard DnD type land.

So, add the orcs yourself and the game will have them do wonderful things by themselves like interacting with other races and in the future they may even meet a race of procedurally generated green creatures who are slightly bigger and stronger than goblins which the game will no doubt call "Nubnuts".

Do Tolkien's orcs steal babies and indoctrinate them into members of orc society?  So no, DF goblins and Tolkien orcs are not the same thing, they are quite unique and just happen to be called goblins rather than orcs.   ;)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 08:43:13 am »

I said Tolkien's goblins and Tolkien's orcs are the same thing. They aren't two separate races. Just a different name for the same thing.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 09:12:24 am »

I said Tolkien's goblins and Tolkien's orcs are the same thing. They aren't two separate races. Just a different name for the same thing.

I see, it is just given the context people think you are talking about DF.  As in Tolkiens orcs *are* DF goblins, because nowhere was the OP talking about Lord of the Rings.

In any case, goblins and orcs have both moved on since Tolkien's day.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 09:21:23 am by GoblinCookie »

Sooner535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 11:45:36 am »

@ Goblin, thank you very much for the long answers and details on the matters, having people like you on forums makes them enjoyable to go to :D

I agree that most do not have a specific system or even the ability to fight mounted, the few that do I find are usually all sorts of incomplete (oh skyrim).

@ Shonai, from what I understand of Tolkien's lore, the ones referred to as orcs are larger goblins (same as hobgoblins, urak-hai, etc.) they are all technically the same race but it simply refers to the size of said goblin, (If I am wrong on that please correct me). Though in DF as said by Goblin. orcs and goblins are not the same race (or at the very least don't act the same), the question is though are they intelligent enough to form their own society? And if so would they be something that would be fun to fight against/with?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 03:56:43 pm »

Line of thinking:

-DF is weird, where are the orcs?
-Response: DF goblins are pretty much orcs
- Counter: No, orcs are bigger than goblins (real orcs?).
- My response: Tolkien invented them as the same race, goblins being a nickname, like hobbit. So there's nothing weird about having goblins but not orcs.

Right, anyway, that's enough about that.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 05:24:50 pm »

Goblins are really threatening enough not to make bigger ones lol. Outside of player control, in worldgen, they are the strongest race already (no need for supply, insanely strong leaders, share the immortality with elves but roll over them by understanding metallurgy)  I think DF is not warhammer/LotR and should not try to be, at least not in vanilla. DF goblins are much larger than, let's say, DnD goblins. They are the size of an elf, and use trolls/yetis/ogres for added punch to their armies, so orcs would be totally redundant imho. But...yeah, you can mod them in if you so wish as it has been said.

Mounted combat, I would like to have this. It's already half implemented, for sieges against players, but I sure as hell would like to ride in the fields or create a cavalry regiment.

You cant really build a real city in adventurer mode without breaking the flow of time, as time in adv and fort mode is very different, but an easier transition between adventure and fort mode would be very nice. In the meantime it's already possible, with some efforts.

I agree with you that more roles should be added to the adventurer mode for a better immersion, so it's not just a murderhobo simulator, but I believe those are already planned features.

Sorry if that has already been answered

Sooner535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2018, 06:34:40 pm »

No reason not to add ones own flare to the conversation. as you can tell by my statement of orcs they are a suggestion yes, but I was also curious why they were not a civ. I suppose you are correct in this however, sounds right anyways lol, experience is everything in games I suppose

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 07:48:52 am »

@ Goblin, thank you very much for the long answers and details on the matters, having people like you on forums makes them enjoyable to go to :D

I agree that most do not have a specific system or even the ability to fight mounted, the few that do I find are usually all sorts of incomplete (oh skyrim).

:) Skyrim was an exception that came to mind, it was a pretty big thing along with all the AI hype when it came out.

No reason not to add ones own flare to the conversation. as you can tell by my statement of orcs they are a suggestion yes, but I was also curious why they were not a civ. I suppose you are correct in this however, sounds right anyways lol, experience is everything in games I suppose

They are not a civ because Toady One has only a limited amount of time in his life.  What he has done is create quite a puny number of races (5) but made each one very unique by giving them each a site of their own.  This allows us modders to take the sites and use them to create new races.

The problem with the lack of orcs is that as a result of their not being there, there is a lack of a barbaric town site as opposed to a civilized one.  A lot of my modded in races would benefit from a more primitive touch, being forced to use human towns for all surface settlements that are not made of trees is less than optimal.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 10:21:09 am »

The problem with the lack of orcs is that as a result of their not being there, there is a lack of a barbaric town site as opposed to a civilized one.  A lot of my modded in races would benefit from a more primitive touch, being forced to use human towns for all surface settlements that are not made of trees is less than optimal.
Kobolds and elves to a lesser extent are exactly that. Problem is ; DF mechanics do not follow the usual fantasy narratives. It is a (however flawed) simulation ; you enter input, it generates output. Any barbaric civilization (which means no agriculture) with no racial advantage to allow them to sustain a population will die out very quickly. At least it will when the economy system will be reimplemented... right now every civ can either produce their own food or don't need it - so the problem doesn't appear in vanilla but might be worthy of consideration for modders.

Add orcs that need to eat in large numbers, and without the plotshield of most fantasy settings to keep them alive, they will just starve and that will be the end of it. Or they won't be able to sustain a large population and will be easy targets for any other civ.
Pages: [1] 2 3