Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (CLOSED NEW REMASTERED VERSION COMING SOON)  (Read 1657 times)

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
(CLOSED NEW REMASTERED VERSION COMING SOON)
« on: February 13, 2018, 01:08:52 am »

hi, i am creating a community developed modpack for DF i'm calling Advanced Fortress it is a modpack that's all about making dwarf fortress alot more unique, alot more interesting, and alot more !!FUN!!, so right now i'm trying to finish up my first release on this modpack, remember every mod you want to add  must fit the style of DF or Fantasy in general, so if you want a chaotic and fun mod to add more !!FUN!! to the game, then it must fit the style of DF or fantasy in general, if you want a chaotic and fun mod that doesn't fit the style of DF or fantasy in general, then make a new branch of the modpack based on that or fork it, so if you want to help me out and contribute to my modpack go to the repository on Github.

https://github.com/WonderPsycho/AdvencedFort

the types of mods i want in the master branch of my modpack is
  • Mods that improve adventure mode and fortress mode
  • Mods that improve the game of DF
  • Mods that add new magic and spheres, or new interactions
  • Mods that add new syndromes.
  • Mods that add new entities based on medieval fantasy
  • Mods that add new fantasy creatures
  • Mods that add new stuff based on medieval fantasy
  • Mods that add chaotic stuff based on medieval fantasy

mods i don't want in the master branch of my modpack
  • random mods that have nothing to do with medieval fantasy
  • chaotic mods that have nothing to do with medieval fantasy
  • mods that are not that very good or well made and cause the game to crash alot
  • mods that were made to troll the DF community and ruin the modpack

anyways heres the the mods this modpack features along with the credits to the modders who made them
Mods
  • Wee Folk Mod by Asin
  • Spellcrafts Mod by Eric Blank
  • Fantastic Races Mod by Squamous
  • Fear Of The Dark Mod by Xangi
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 01:57:30 pm by WonderPsycho »
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hello DF Modding Community i'm making a community developed modpack for DF
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 04:22:39 pm »

Pretty much every mod is suppose to make the game more unique, more interesting, and more fun (as that's the entire purpose of a mod), so could you please be a bit more specific as to what does and doesn't qualify to be included?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 01:02:36 pm »

Pretty much every mod is suppose to make the game more unique, more interesting, and more fun (as that's the entire purpose of a mod), so could you please be a bit more specific as to what does and doesn't qualify to be included?
ok i'll go and edit my thread to be more specific on what mods i want included in my modpack and mods i don't want included in my modpack.

Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 01:39:59 pm »

alright i edited the thread to say specifically what mods i want in my modpack so yeah

Civs+ Mod

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 05:47:55 pm »

What do you mean by 'mods that have nothing to do with DF?'. Orcs have nothing to do with DF, but I imagine you'll accept orc mods, right? And from another point of view, surely every single DF mod out there has 'something to do with DF', since they are, after all, DF mods. So...?

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 08:29:34 pm »

What do you mean by 'mods that have nothing to do with DF?'. Orcs have nothing to do with DF, but I imagine you'll accept orc mods, right? And from another point of view, surely every single DF mod out there has 'something to do with DF', since they are, after all, DF mods. So...?
what i meant was mods that have nothing to do with fantasy let me modify my thread again so that way people that get the idea what this modpack is supposed to be about

Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 08:30:56 pm »

also yes i will accept orc mods

Civs+ Mod

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 12:41:58 am »

Might be better to have it a themed modpack, or else you end up with another Masterwork Mod where it's packed so chock full of shit it doesn't make any sense.

Most of what you are aiming for is Fantasy, but what kind? Just anything? and what if two mods in the pack conflict (I don't mean a hard ERROR_LOG conflict but say Warhammer Fantasy Orks, and then LotR Orcs, or DnD Orcs)

Will you take the route of Meph and massage mods that conflict such as that so they make sense? or is this pack just a "how many fantasy things can we mash together before something doesn't click"

And if a modder updates their mod, who's responsibility is it to maintain the pack, especially if at some point there will have to be feature massages to get them to work right, or looking for mods that work on their own with no conflicts/shared features

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 01:29:43 pm »

Might be better to have it a themed modpack, or else you end up with another Masterwork Mod where it's packed so chock full of shit it doesn't make any sense.

Most of what you are aiming for is Fantasy, but what kind? Just anything? and what if two mods in the pack conflict (I don't mean a hard ERROR_LOG conflict but say Warhammer Fantasy Orks, and then LotR Orcs, or DnD Orcs)

Will you take the route of Meph and massage mods that conflict such as that so they make sense? or is this pack just a "how many fantasy things can we mash together before something doesn't click"

And if a modder updates their mod, who's responsibility is it to maintain the pack, especially if at some point there will have to be feature massages to get them to work right, or looking for mods that work on their own with no conflicts/shared features
actually my modpack is not to be based on a particular franchise, in fact i dreamed of my modpack being all about improving the game of DF, and making worlds generated by players to feel like an actual fantasy world that has been procedurally generated with civilizations that exist in the genre of fantasy, or actually used to exist in real life like Nordic Civs and Egyptian Civs, types of magic that the player would never expect to exist in the game, new syndromes that could possibly start or cause pandemics or epidemics, and give players very interesting experiences when playing fortress mode and adventure mode, and when i mean that, i mean my modpack is sorta not going to make sense, but i want my modpack to be based on like the medieval type of fantasy not like types of fantasy like warhammer (as in science fantasy.), i mean by the type of fantasy most people know (aka medieval fantasy.), so yeah i hope i reach my goal with this modpack being a community developed one at best, so yeah i'll edit my thread's text again to say specifically what type of fantasy i'm going for.

Civs+ Mod

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 02:50:03 pm »

My Mostly Mythical Monsters Mod would be a good fit for this.

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 12:09:10 am »

My Mostly Mythical Monsters Mod would be a good fit for this.
ok you have perimission to add it into the modpack, i'll add it in if you didn't add it in or something, sorry about being inactive i was focusing on another game i was playing
also you need to update your mod to the latest version of DF in order to add it in
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 12:11:13 am by WonderPsycho »

Civs+ Mod