Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Manager approved work not going through  (Read 585 times)

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Manager approved work not going through
« on: January 23, 2018, 05:03:15 pm »

Anyone else have this issue?

I had orders for full copper weapon and armor sets, def had all the materials and the dorfs were not,busy, they made the first few and then for 2 seasons in game they did nothing.

There was a 0 symbol to the far right on the workshop screen where normally you can see the symbol when you press (do this now!).

Sorry in advance typing on phone
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 05:06:51 pm by mavj96 »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Manager approved work not going through
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 05:37:49 pm »

'O' is for 'Order' indicating that it's a manager order. So that's expected.
Check burrows, stock pile connections and dwarf labours. Turn off any dfhack 'auto-helpful' utils, as they generally aren't when it comes to trying to diagnose a problem.

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 06:40:51 pm »

What would those auto helpfuls be? I am running dfhack btw with a tileset.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 09:21:42 pm »

If your armor and weapons are being crafted at the same forge, consider setting up a second forge and limit one forge to armorsmith labor and the other to all other smithing labors. Having them share a forge can lead to extra lags as the workshop switches between armorsmithing and weaponsmithing jobs, due to the extra walking and the chance that both needed food/drink/sleep at about the same time. You could lose a couple of months to that.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 10:04:46 pm »

What would those auto helpfuls be? I am running dfhack btw with a tileset.
I don't recall exactly, don't use dfhack, but have seen people getting confused with...maybe autolabor? That seems to come with this warning:

"autolabor will override any manual changes you make to labors while it is enabled, including through other tools such as Dwarf Therapist"

Which would be a real bugger for diagnosing problems if you didn't know what it was doing.  :)

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 12:58:01 am »

Thank you guys very much for your replies, i will do some further science.