Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Traders dump items and leave  (Read 1545 times)

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Traders dump items and leave
« on: January 22, 2018, 09:45:31 am »

I have a strange effect in my forts. Sometimes,when merchants or invaders  enter the map, they vanish and all the stuff they wear or carry with them is dumped just outside the map only vissible on the stock overview. Whrn food is part of the load sometines a dwarf travels to the edge of the map and fetches a fish out of thin air. The barrels are also assigned to stockpiles which leads to malfunctioning stockpiles. Solution is to use the stock screen to mark all of these to dump and then use dfhack autodump to gain access but this gets annoying with the time...

Anybody else affected by this bug? There is a mantis post but it is marked as resolved which it isn't as I run 0.44.05

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10015

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Traders dump items and leave
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 11:07:50 am »

No the issue isn't resolved. The workflow used on Mantis is somewhat confusing in that all reports that are closed because their issue has been covered by another report is marked as Resolved (rather than duplicate, dismissed, or something like that). The Relationships section shows a "duplicate of" of report http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9593 that's "confirmed".

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 01:13:21 pm »

It says "resolution: duplicate" pretty clearly right next to "status: resolved".
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Boochdizzle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 01:24:50 pm »

I wish autodump was a little more... assertive? Im having a huge problem with this as well, to the point where I can no longer tell in my stock screen what's real and in my fort. When I try to autodump, the command seems to give up for any number of reasons (cant even autodump things that are in doorways, let alone off the map). But yeah, theres probably more stuff around my fort than in it at this point

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 01:30:09 pm »

The merchant stuff can't be dumped normally because it's merchant property in the inventory of half existing merchants that are sort of on the map (right at the edge). It's possible to target that stuff for dumping or dropping on the ground (removing the merchant property tag) with DFHack scripts.

Inside reports you can see that the Resolved status actually means it's a Duplicate (or actually resolved...), as pointed out, but not in the summary where things are simply color coded.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 01:34:06 pm by PatrikLundell »

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 06:22:13 pm »

Inside reports you can see that the Resolved status actually means it's a Duplicate (or actually resolved...), as pointed out, but not in the summary where things are simply color coded.
It says "resolution: duplicate" pretty clearly right next to "status: resolved".

Yeah, the one he linked was removed as a duplicate. It is open here: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9593 ; confirmed but does not seem to be resolved.

Sorry, Novaris. No trade for you for now. I guess you just get free items?

Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 09:57:37 am »

Thats actually my problem. I don't get the items which also means I can't dump them and they just keep piling up right at the edge of my map. Per invader or trader thats about 20 items which means for a siege that goes wrong thats 2000+ items which I see in the stocks overview and can mark for dumping manually and autodump so that they dont screw up my stockpiles. They dont dump it on the map but outside the displayable area :(

And free stuff is good but I want to take it off the goblins with all sorts of traps and combats and not by glitches :(
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 10:00:16 am by Novaris »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 11:15:27 am »

You might want to try this DFHack script to claim and dump merchant stuff. If it works properly it should be reasonably easy to adapt it to take care of invader stuff as well, provided they're glitched in the same way.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 05:18:31 pm »

seen it, tried it, love it. worked quite well although I enhanced your approach to also include "missing" invaders.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 11:23:01 pm »

Do you mind if that makes its way into DFHack?

Also, you can use pairs or ipairs to iterate over units.all instead of repeating "df.global.world.units.all[i]" every time you want to access a unit. You're basically doing that to iterate over their inventory already.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 05:14:56 am »

The scripts I provide may be freely used, modified, redistributed, and included into DFHack: they're provided to be used. The only thing I don't like is when people take what others have made and claim they made it themselves, but I have no particular desire to see my own name in them.

The script was written before I got the hang of pairs/ipairs (it's been posted before), and the ipairs usage in it is me copying something I've gotten from elsewhere else (I don't use anonymized/suppressed iterators myself). Still, I appreciate the effort to educate script writers.