Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Workflow df hack pluginn  (Read 1933 times)

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Workflow df hack pluginn
« on: January 17, 2018, 03:46:43 pm »

I played a while ago with this Alt- W dfhack pluginn and now i can't get it installed again in Dwarf fortress
I DFhack console i did wokflow enabled command and it seems to be installed, but no signs  of the workflow pluginn in Dwarf fortress with Alt-W

Strange...

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Workflow df hack pluginn
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 03:48:52 pm »

You'll want the modding forum, maybe the dfhack thread. They have links to instructions there too. Nothing to do with df gameplay (which uses a manager nowadays).

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 03:55:37 pm »

(which uses a manager nowadays).

Dwarf Therapist?
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 04:19:23 pm »

Thanks.
DF uses a manager for workflow? .. i noticed this too, but i do have good experiences with the workflow df hack
It is confusing now, because  DF can be difficult in GUI handling.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 04:39:35 pm »

Thanks.
DF uses a manager for workflow? .. i noticed this too, but i do have good experiences with the workflow df hack
It is confusing now, because  DF can be difficult in GUI handling.
The new manager seems to get the job done just fine. But differently from workflow, so you might want to continue using that if you're used to it. Just depends if you're going to be waiting for dfhack to update anyhow. Choices is good.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 04:41:48 pm »

(which uses a manager nowadays).

Dwarf Therapist?
Does that do workflow these days too? Last time I used it was for setting labors and such (quite a long time ago though). But no, Therapist is also a third party util. So, not the DF manager.

janamdo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 06:21:51 pm »

No fun to play with DF, but first sort this out ..
I played a while ago some interesting DF fortress  games, but now i am lost with this not getting (yet) workflow pluginn inthe present DF game..frustating this ..
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 06:25:24 pm by janamdo »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 07:40:42 pm »

I played a while ago some interesting DF fortress  games, but now i am lost with this not getting (yet) workflow pluginn inthe present DF game..frustating this ..
Just out of interest, what does workflow do that the new manager doesn't?

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 07:59:35 pm »

I miss workflow too, if it's what I think it is.

I used it to check if a certain Commodity's stock fell below X. If & when it did, it'd automatically activate the relevant workshop(s) to produce that Commodity back to the desired level of Y, then cancel the orders. It did this along with a few other useful tidbits that I can't recall.

I'm yet to understand if I can achieve this with DF now.
~When death smiles at you, just smile one back.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 10:11:32 pm »

I used it to check if a certain Commodity's stock fell below X. If & when it did, it'd automatically activate the relevant workshop(s) to produce that Commodity back to the desired level of Y, then cancel the orders. It did this along with a few other useful tidbits that I can't recall.

That's pretty much what the new manager does. Set it to check daily/weekly/monthly If stock is at a certain level and if a certain amount of raw ingredients/containers are available then start making stuff. Stop when the required level is reached.

Simple to use too. But as I said, different to workflow. So, just as in real life, switching your workflow software is going to be weird at first.

Expect it has a couple of bugs too...

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 10:21:10 pm »

This is a good thread on using the job manager within DF. Qquestions and answers on "how to do this" and player contributions.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 10:26:16 pm »

That's pretty much what the new manager does. Set it to check daily/weekly/monthly If stock is at a certain level and if a certain amount of raw ingredients/containers are available then start making stuff. Stop when the required level is reached.

Simple to use too. But as I said, different to workflow. So, just as in real life, switching your workflow software is going to be weird at first.

Expect it has a couple of bugs too...

I tried it with the Brewing. Wanted to always maintain 100 barrels. But... I ended up with 6k. So I kinda just let that idea go ::)

This is a good thread on using the job manager within DF. Qquestions and answers on "how to do this" and player contributions.

I'll personally pilfer the thread, see what can be learnt. Hopefully it can achieve what the Shonai Dweller is promising me :P thanks.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 10:36:00 pm »

That might be one of the bugs I mentioned.  :)
They do get fixed from time to time. And, hey, you know you really needed 6k barrels!

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 12:39:49 am »

They do get fixed from time to time. And, hey, you know you really needed 6k barrels!

No, it's just inferior as initially believed when compared to Workflow.

Q:  Is there a way to make up to a certain number of something?
A:  It does not appear so.

Q:  Is it possible to change the number created by the work order after the work order is set up?  I.e., can I change my amounts as my fortress grows?
A:  No.

These were the bread & butter of Workflow. Just means more work for us I guess. *sighs*

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 02:38:02 am »

No, it's just inferior as initially believed when compared to Workflow.

Q:  Is there a way to make up to a certain number of something?
A:  It does not appear so.

Q:  Is it possible to change the number created by the work order after the work order is set up?  I.e., can I change my amounts as my fortress grows?
A:  No.

These were the bread & butter of Workflow. Just means more work for us I guess. *sighs*
It might have bugs right now, but the option to stop when a maximum amount is reached is part of the basic setup (or at least, not start any new orders if you're at the limit).

Slightly bugged is quite a bit less "inferior" than 'doesn't work at all', which is why you started this thread, isn't it?
Pages: [1] 2