Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Absinthe - The Tales of the Parisian Bohème  (Read 845 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Absinthe - The Tales of the Parisian Bohème
« on: January 02, 2018, 01:36:58 pm »

Good evening, sir. Would any of you perhaps be interested in partaking in a round of absinthe with me? Delightful. Tasting the spirits is always better with friends than without. Drink in moderation however - we deon't wan't you seeing the Green Fairy like those bohemians over here.

They're the delightful sort, but a bit out of luck, don't you think? Maybe something better lies in their future?  Could possibly he be a virtuoso of the strings and one day play for royals in Vienna or Salzburg? Perhaps she is painting a masterpiece that will be hung in the Louvre? Or shall they drink themselves to death in misery and be forgotten?

Only time will tell.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! This is yet another game spawned on a whim from the pits of my imagination that I think could potentially be interesting to experience. In it you play a beginner artist trying to become successful, whether by creating a masterpiece or by gaining enough acclaim. The game takes place in 19th century Paris, the first turn being in April of 1863, more precisely a few days after the death of Eugène Delacroix.

We shall be using several d6s for situation that shall require them, with every 1, 2 or 3 being a 0 and every 4, 5 and 6 being a success. Succeeding in a task requires matching it's difficulty level (lowered by appropriate skills). The number of dice you have in equal to the tested Attribute.

A player "wins" if he creates a masterpiece work or by becoming famous and wealthy by publishing enough excellent works. You start the game with 1500 points for character creation.

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 02:02:03 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Absinthe - The Tales of the Parisian Bohème
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 02:26:46 pm »

Spoiler: The Tattooed Deserter (click to show/hide)
Let me know if I made any mistakes or have an extremely badly optimized character
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 02:30:41 pm by Fniff »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 07:18:36 am »

You have 100 spare points it seems
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 05:40:58 pm »

Character sheet goes here soon. Reserving a spot if able. :)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 05:41:06 pm »

Smiling Jacque

Agility-2
Dexterity-3
Perception-3
Burliness-2
Charm-3
Smarts-3
Will-1

Carving - 5
Spears - 2
Knives - 2
Engineering - 2
Carpentry - 2
Cooking - 2

A former whaler, Jacqes wants to make his way in Paris.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.