Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Sorcerers @ War - OOC & Fluff  (Read 20232 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerers @ War - OOC & Fluff
« Reply #225 on: February 06, 2018, 01:05:48 pm »

I just noticed that that list doesn't mention that mines demand tools. I know they do, since East Leth Nova is consuming tools. According to the manual, satisfying the tool demand increases ore output. What's up with that?

Oh nuts, I wrote a bit of code to generate these for buildings, must have missed something.  I'll update it.

Meanwhile, here are updated Hero Item costs.  Most base items now do not cost more than the Heroes themselves.  Everything that costs mithril is the same, but the base item costs have been tweaked and Fine Item lowered to £200.

WEAPONS
Dagger:      £5.  1 PA, +2 Assassin, 1 melee damage, 1 skirmish damage
Longsword:   £5.  1 PA, 1 PD, 2 melee damage
Greataxe:   £10.  1 PA, 4 melee damage, two-handed
Longbow:   £10.  1 PA, 3 ranged damage, two-handed
Shortbow:   £10.  1 PA, 2 ranged damage, 2 skirmish damage, two-handed
Shield:      £5.  1 parry
Wand:      £5.  1 mage skill
Staff:      £10.  1 PA, 1 melee damage, 2 mana capacity, two-handed

ARMOUR
Silk Robes:      £10.  2 mana capacity
Leather Armour:   £10.  1 PD, 1 armour
Chain Shirt:   £10.  2 armour, -1 assassin, -1 skirmish damage, -1 ranged damage, -1 mage skill, Max Dodge: 3
Breastplate:   £20. 3 armour, -2 assassin, -2 skirmish damage, -2 ranged damage, -1 charge damage, -3 mage skill, Max Dodge: 2
Full Plate:      £60. 5 armour, -4 assassin, -4 skirmish damage, -4 ranged damage, -2 charge damage, -6 mage skill, Max Dodge: 1

ITEMS
Horse:         £20.  1 PA, 1 PD, 2 charge damage
Mana Bag:      £80.  4 mana capacity
Helm:         £10.  Base Enchantment Limit 2.  No unenchanted effect.
Amulet:         £10.  Base Enchantment Limit 2.  No unenchanted effect.
Ring:         £10.  Base Enchantment Limit 2.  No unenchanted effect.  Rings cost 50% extra to enchant but unlimited numbers may be worn.

Fine Item:      +£200.   Increases the Enchantment Limit to 4.  Weapons have +1 PA and +1 damage, Armour gains +1 base armour and Wands, Staves, Mana Bags and Silk Robes gain +1 mana capacity.
Mithril Steel:   50 grains of mithril.  EL 10.  On top of Fine: Weapons have +2 PA, +4 damage, Armour gains +2 base armour, mana-retaining items gain +4 mana capacity.
Mithrite:      200 grains of mithril.  EL 50.  On top of Mithril Steel:  Weapons gain +8 PA, +16 damage, Armour gains +8 base armour, mana-retaining items gain +16 mana capacity.
Truesteel:      650 grains of mithril.  EL 200.  On top of Mithrite:  Weapons gain +32 PA, +64 damage; Armour gains +32 base armour; mana-retaining items gain +64 mana capacity.
Mithril:      2000 grains of mithril.  No Enchantment Limit.  On top of Truesteel:  Weapons gain +128 PA, +256 damage; Armour gains +128 base armour; mana-retaining items gain +256 mana capacity.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 08, 2018, 01:44:22 pm »

Spoiler: Bug (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 22, 2018, 04:05:05 am »

Spoiler: New Bugs (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 22, 2018, 05:04:32 am »

PTW

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 22, 2018, 06:32:47 am »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 22, 2018, 07:55:38 am »

Nuts, still not working?  I'll run two emergency resupply cycles for you when I get a bit of time, do 'catch up' from the previous turns.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2018, 06:02:08 pm »

Nice! A new turn! I got a few questions about things! (As per always, and also as per always, I'm not 100% sure if we're allowed to know the stats of things we've not researched, but I'll ask anyway in the hopes that we are!)

1: What do field apothecaries do?
2: Can we know the costs and requirements of hero and agent ships?
3: East New hope appears to have harvested about 100 more food then it used, and instead of selling it to someone or storing it in the grainery it seems to have disappeared? Idk lol.
4: Also what does an Ampitheatre do?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:27:58 pm by Criptfeind »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 03, 2018, 09:30:27 am »

Spoiler: Bugs (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2018, 04:55:36 am »

So, I was thinking about autonomy, right?
As it is, the further from the capital and the higher the population, the faster autonomy grows. The higher autonomy gets, the lower unrest gets. And low unrest reduces autonomy growth, eventually leading to equilibrium.
Except, said equilibrium involves an inordinately happy province. A province halfway round the world may have 100% autonomy, with people openly flaunting their defiance of central authority, but it ain't never gonna rise up in revolt, cos at 100% autonomy its unrest will be incredibly low. (It will also produce bucketloads of ideas, and make the owning faction even richer due to high A/U/GE)
I'm guessing this is not the intention; it seems to me like provinces with high autonomy should, if anything, be more likely to revolt. At the very least, their unrest shouldn't be significantly lower than any other province.

I have a suggestion for how this could be avoided, though I don't know how feasible it is.

Instead of distance & population increasing the rate that autonomy grows at, they increase the 'target autonomy' for a province. Target autonomy is the autonomy level at which autonomy has no effect on unrest one way or another. Below that level, it increases unrest, and above it, it decreases it. High unrest will still increase autonomy growth (and low decrease), leading to the same equilibrium, except that unrest will be ~0 (before other modifiers).
I'm not sure whether decentralisation should decrease target autonomy or autonomy growth; either way stable autonomy is lower, but if the latter, provinces would also be less happy. I would lean towards effecting target autonomy, since most people don't get upset if you give them more control over their lives. I feel like Autocracy should decrease autonomy growth (and thus happiness)(people don't like living under a dictator), but maybe for balance purposes it should affect target autonomy instead.
There would definitely need to be some ways to decrease autonomy growth, leading to unhappy but obedient people. Law&order buildings, perhaps? Dungeon, courthouse, governor's mansion, etc.

Edit: Actually, thinking about it some more, that would always result in unrest trending towards 0, unless autonomy was at its minimum, in which case unrest could drop below 0. Hmm. Maybe just forget about autonomy growing/shrinking, and just have it immediately reach its final value. Unrest would still have an effect on autonomy, but not vice-versa. I mean, having autonomy grow slowly over time is cool, but is it worth the bother?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 03:53:07 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 19, 2018, 04:00:00 am »

The simplest way would be to make distance generate unrest, rather than autonomy.

The unrest from distance would push up autonomy, until that autonomy pushes the unrest back down to a stable equilibrium.

However, I fear that would result in way too many revolts. I mean, 5% unrest in 5 provinces is 25% chance of revolt per turn. So, maybe just create some high autonomy unrest creating events?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 19, 2018, 10:56:16 am »

So, I was thinking about autonomy, right?
As it is, the further from the capital and the higher the population, the faster autonomy grows. The higher autonomy gets, the lower unrest gets. And low unrest reduces autonomy growth, eventually leading to equilibrium.
Except, said equilibrium involves an inordinately happy province. A province halfway round the world may have 100% autonomy, with people openly flaunting their defiance of central authority, but it ain't never gonna rise up in revolt, cos at 100% autonomy its unrest will be incredibly low. (It will also produce bucketloads of ideas, and make the owning faction even richer due to high A/U/GE)
I'm guessing this is not the intention; it seems to me like provinces with high autonomy should, if anything, be more likely to revolt. At the very least, their unrest shouldn't be significantly lower than any other province.
I...uh, don't understand.

...Why would a racial faction of your own folks revolt against you just because of autonomy? I mean it's perfect as is--keep em happy, they're okay with you. If they're grumpy like me and the thieves' guild, they'll civil war your face. o_O Noting the EXTREME IMPORTANCE of autonomy being tied with the current faction in charge of that province there--it has always been a big modifier to unrest AND autonomy.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 19, 2018, 11:17:21 am »

I mean, it'd be like a colony declaring independence. Raise one too many taxes, and they start chucking tea into the water and talking about "god-given rights".

I'm not saying that high autonomy should always mean revolts. But as it stands, high autonomy means no revolts ever. I think that high autonomy should either have no impact on revolt risk, or slightly increase it- it's easier to organise a rebellion when people are already used to being independent.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 19, 2018, 11:22:57 am »

Well, if there's unrest, sure. But high autonomy and little unrest means they're placated.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 19, 2018, 11:08:47 pm »

Part of the problem is, for me, that y'all are seeing autonomy as COLONIES or whatever dissociated thing from yourself. -.- It can mean many things depending on the context of how you see your own nation--and for flexibility of GM narrative!

But just to ask for clarity: Is there a valid, mechanical option, of choosing what 'race' migrates? Or if we can disable certain territories or provinces from migration at all (say: Population depletion but you have lots of lands)?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2018, 02:59:36 am »

Part of the problem is, for me, that y'all are seeing autonomy as COLONIES or whatever dissociated thing from yourself. -.- It can mean many things depending on the context of how you see your own nation--and for flexibility of GM narrative!
:I
I don't see why you have a problem at all. Do you think it makes sense from a flavour perspective that high autonomy provinces always have low (as in deeply negative) unrest, as opposed to low autonomy provinces which will tend to have higher unrest? The closer to the capital you get, the more likely people are to revolt?

With regards to the colonies thing... yes? High autonomy means less central control over a region. Like England and its colonies. It doesn't always mean colonies. It can also mean a sort of federal system. Or individual nobles having control over their demesne. Or whatever else, so long as it involves you personally giving up control. But just because it can mean other things doesn't mean that colonies are a bad example.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17