Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dancer with no dance skills  (Read 1070 times)

4powerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dancer with no dance skills
« on: December 03, 2017, 09:35:55 pm »

just got a migrant with the job title "dancer" but he has no dance or musical skills whatsoever, doesn't even know any dances or songs, his best skill is competent swords dwarf, is it possible for spies to disguise as migrants and use cover job titles?
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
don't walk past the unoccupied beds to sleep on the floor and then complain about it

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dancer with no dance skills
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 09:57:25 pm »

Seems feasible. Lots of new stuff is still uncertain at this point. What does Legends say about him?
(Note his name, make a copy of your game, then retire to check). Especially check the names of your last migrant wave against those in Legends.

4powerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 09:59:27 pm »

pretty sure he was either a vamp or spy, cause he (along with the rest of military squad) got killed by a werekangaroo and his name was different then it was when he arrived
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
don't walk past the unoccupied beds to sleep on the floor and then complain about it

4powerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 10:05:47 pm »

interestingly enough, he's not in legends at all, I tired both his name when he showed up and the name that he had at death and nothing came up...odd
GENERATION 30:

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 10:41:48 pm »

interestingly enough, he's not in legends at all, I tired both his name when he showed up and the name that he had at death and nothing came up...odd
Is that Legends data from after he arrived? He might have been pulled out of a regular population pool recently, in which case he won't have been active in Legends before you embarked.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 01:12:29 am »

Migrants should not be possible to be spies as spies are visitors, not citizens (there are no traitor roles yet!). A vampire is a possibility, though. There was another recent post about a dorf who mooded and changed the name after creating the artifact, with his original name on the artifact. There might be some strange bug afoot.

If you've still got the save in fortress mode it should be possible to use DFHack to look at the unit and whatever hist fig data it refers to. If you provide the save, then also provide the name in the dead units list to provide a starting point.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 01:52:27 am »

Migrants should not be possible to be spies as spies are visitors, not citizens (there are no traitor roles yet!).
Is it possible that he might have been a spy for the OP's civilization? I won't be surprised if the game neglects to remove agents on missions from the pool of eligible migrants.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 05:14:44 am »

Migrants should not be possible to be spies as spies are visitors, not citizens (there are no traitor roles yet!).
Is it possible that he might have been a spy for the OP's civilization? I won't be surprised if the game neglects to remove agents on missions from the pool of eligible migrants.
If so, it's a somewhat amusing unintended consequences bug.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 06:23:47 am »

I would not be suprised if everyone in worldgeneration suddenly decided to take up false identities.

Also its impossible for them to distinguish each other already due to something going wrong, despite in devlog notes that the secret agent system relies/or will rely on visual clues for connecting fake & present identities. The only way to update whether someone knows you is to shout your name out aloud and even so, you could be having a secret identity & nobody would know.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 01:46:34 pm »

If so, it's a somewhat amusing unintended consequences bug.
can confirm this, got a poet with no poet skills/no poems but he did have a high hammer skill.
I'm gonna say this happens because the parent civ wants to watch over the fort in secret (or at least that's my way of justifying it)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?