Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185785 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1590 on: October 26, 2019, 05:31:44 am »

Yeah seed is a different material. Especially for vermin-edibleness and oil-pressing.

[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
would use the plant_growth mat that was the reagent.

[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
I don't think a reaction has a "local plant" context.

I'd go with [PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:hf_BOXWOOD:hf_BOXWOOD_SEED]

Sacrifice stuff, get seeds:
[PRODUCT:100:4:SEEDS:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:barley:SEED]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 05:37:28 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: October 26, 2019, 08:06:48 am »

Anyone know how the chance of dying is calculated via the maxage token? As in, it says [MAXAGE:X:Y] where X is supposed to be the age at which they get a non-zero chance of dying, but I'm slowly getting the hint that that part of the token doesn't even work and only the Y number is taken into account.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: October 27, 2019, 09:29:01 am »

I am making a fountain building. Is there a way to make water a build item/reagent? As in grab a bucket and go fill it up at a water source (pond) and bring that to the build site?

This doesnt seem to do anyrhing:

[BUILD_ITEM:100:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER:NONE]

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: October 27, 2019, 11:27:52 am »

Anyone know how the chance of dying is calculated via the maxage token? As in, it says [MAXAGE:X:Y] where X is supposed to be the age at which they get a non-zero chance of dying, but I'm slowly getting the hint that that part of the token doesn't even work and only the Y number is taken into account.
Like you said, the first number is when you get a non-zero chance of dying of old age. It's calculated, IIRC, oncer per year. The closer to Y the age gets, the higher the chance. When it hits Y, the second number, the chance is 100% so the creature will die.

Though unlikely, it is perfectly possible that you are getting creatures whose "age rolls", so to speak, are amazingly good and as such don't die before they hit 100% chance.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: October 27, 2019, 03:07:41 pm »

How make reaction with decorated product? Not add decoration to reagent, but add to product.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: October 27, 2019, 04:33:39 pm »

Though unlikely, it is perfectly possible that you are getting creatures whose "age rolls", so to speak, are amazingly good and as such don't die before they hit 100% chance.

That's the thing though, I'm wondering if there's a formula to it and if stats influence it.

In a recent fort I had 2 or 3 dwarves die of old age on the same day, so it definitely looked like it was calculated just once per year. I regret not checking how old they were exactly, but I've got an inkling that they may both have been exactly 170 when they died (my game was still unmodded then when it comes to maxage.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1597 on: October 28, 2019, 04:52:37 am »

How make reaction with decorated product? Not add decoration to reagent, but add to product.
improvement to the product that was just created:

[REAGENT:drum:1:TOOL:EXAMPLE DRUM BODY:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:head:1:TOOL:EXAMPLE DRUM HEAD:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:INSTRUMENT:EXAMPLE DRUM:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:drum:NONE]
[PRODUCT_TOKEN:instrument]

[IMPROVEMENT:100:instrument:INSTRUMENT_PIECE:BODY:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:drum:NONE]
[IMPROVEMENT:100:instrument:INSTRUMENT_PIECE:HEAD:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:head:NONE]

[IMPROVEMENT:95:target:SPIKES:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:tooth:NONE]
[IMPROVEMENT:95:target:RINGS_HANGING:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:tooth:NONE]

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Reaction#Improvements
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 04:58:22 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: October 30, 2019, 04:02:59 pm »

Is there a way to make a civ onky have access to certain plants or are the only options: OUTDOOR/INDOOR FARMING and OUTDOOR/INDOOR GARDENS?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: October 30, 2019, 04:44:03 pm »

I dont believe there are. Best you can do is restrict their biomes.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: October 31, 2019, 10:15:56 am »

Does METAL SOFT and LEATHER on armor items automatically give entities reactions to create the items if they have access to those items or do they need reactions to make them as well?

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: October 31, 2019, 01:42:52 pm »

Does METAL SOFT and LEATHER on armor items automatically give entities reactions to create the items if they have access to those items or do they need reactions to make them as well?
Yes, this all works automatic, except cloth backpacks. You need reaction for making items from another material, like metal bed.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: October 31, 2019, 03:11:58 pm »

Yes, this all works automatic, except cloth backpacks. You need reaction for making items from another material, like metal bed.

Thanks.

What makes some metals (copper) forge-able into weapons and armor and others (aluminum) not? Is it a tag on the inorganic mat? Can I make these other metals forge-able into anything or do I need a reaction for each item?

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: October 31, 2019, 03:55:41 pm »

Thanks.

What makes some metals (copper) forge-able into weapons and armor and others (aluminum) not? Is it a tag on the inorganic mat? Can I make these other metals forge-able into anything or do I need a reaction for each item?
What you want make? You can make reaction of forging weapon type from any metal. You can add reaction for one metal. You can add reaction for group of metals (by reaction class).

Metals have tokens like item_digger. 

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: October 31, 2019, 05:26:55 pm »

I meant I want to make a new metal that can make all armor and all weapons. Do I have to make a reaction for each or can I tag the metal to be used for any weapon/armor?
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 120