Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185498 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

You'd have to modify the vermin in question then, as reactions cannot to my knowledge interface with creature classes.

You could go into their raws, select their chitin material and add the reaction product/class information on the spot. If I understand correctly, the vermin item itself (live or dead) should be made of the outermost material, which should be chitin for most insects.

I would also be interested in seeing what you come up with, sometimes I get bored and want new mods too. I'm also lazy.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IndigoSnake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to make all vermin catchable by dwarves with the "catch live animal" task so I can catch the vermin that all my guineafowl create. So, I removed all examples of [VERMIN_NOTRAP] from the raws, started a new world and put my catcher dwarf in a locked room with my guineafowl. However, Urist McExterminator still will only catch rats and the like, never worms, lice or ticks.

Do I have to make any other changes to get the behavior I want?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

However, Urist McExterminator still will only catch rats and the like, never worms, lice or ticks.
Hmm.... first thing I would try is changing VERMIN_MICRO to a larger vermin type, maybe then hand-catching a rat-sized insect might succeed.
VERMIN_NOTRAP applies to baited gadget traps.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Creature_token#VERMIN_MICRO
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

IndigoSnake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm.... first thing I would try is changing VERMIN_MICRO
I checked Worms and they have no mention of VERMIN_MICRO as far as I can tell. Should I increase the worm body size to 300 (rat sized) then give that a try or would that not make a difference?

EDIT: Figured it out. The solution was really strange. I needed to remove [VERMIN_SOIL], and that was it, nothing else.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 08:26:04 am by IndigoSnake »

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Will dwarves drink "drink" from non-alcoholic material? Will them have bad though like when drink water?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Will dwarves drink "drink" from non-alcoholic material? Will them have bad though like when drink water?
I don't know if dwarves will drink water from water buckets or water barrels. (except hospital & rest & bucket).

Vorox made a reaction to convert milk into a drinkable DRINK_MAT:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know if dwarves will drink water from water buckets or water barrels. (except hospital & rest & bucket).

Vorox made a reaction to convert milk into a drinkable DRINK_MAT:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I talk about item type "drink".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

DRINK items count as alcohol for all purposes but inebriation, yeah. Dwarves will drink them and will lose their alcohol dependence badness and get wants for drinking and all that.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DRINK items count as alcohol for all purposes but inebriation, yeah. Dwarves will drink them and will lose their alcohol dependence badness and get wants for drinking and all that.
So dwarves have no bad thought? Even if material of drink have no alcohol_plant or alcohol_creature?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION] or similiar syndrome/interaction to change an item or material to a different item or material?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Nope.

Every interaction and syndrome effect are on the wiki pages for each.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

Is there a [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION] or similiar syndrome/interaction to change an item or material to a different item or material?

Depends on what you want to do, but probably not.

You could turn a creature into something that instantly dies and leaves behind a [material/different item]. It's what I did for fruit wizards back when. But it sounds like you want to do it to inanimate objects, which is generally a no. 

Actually, just had a thought. What about a reaction that lets you say, pick up a rock in adventure mode and use your hands to turn it into an iron ingot or some other specific object? That's possible, isn't it? You couldn't change everything you touch to gold, but maybe it will work for your idea?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Possible and easy, but not possible to get the AI to do it.

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, so, I tried running an experiment with a pan-regional resurrection effect to see if it applies during world gen. Initially this answer seems to be a no. But I'd like to post the code I used (which is based off of the evil region reanimation example interaction) to see if I made any errors. So here it is:

Code: [Select]
[OBJECT:INTERACTION]

This is a test interaction to see what happens when it is added into the mix for world generation. The intended goal
is for number of dead in world gen to be extremely low if not nonexistent due to deaths occurring which renders a
corpse unfit for resurrection.

[INTERACTION:REGIONAL RESSURECTION TEST]
[I_SOURCE:REGION]
[IS_REGION:NORMAL_ALLOWED]
[IS_REGION:SAVAGE_ALLOWED]
[IS_REGION:ANY_TERRAIN]
[IS_FREQUENCY:100]
[I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_REGION]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_RESURRECTION]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]