Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185474 times)

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bread in category plant cheese is strange.

Yes, but our options are fairly limited, as making FOOD items (prepared meals) with custom reactions doesn't really work (as far as I remember, I haven't looked into this in some time).

And speaking of cheese... Isn't bread just a cheese made of wheat + heat?  Using yeast instead of acid-bacteria ?  They are both fermented foods, sorta :D

That's, rather true, actually. Now that I think about it. :o

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

bread cheese... he might be onto something.

You could create wine yeast by mixing dwarven sugar (and modding in sugarcane) and alcohol together in a still into yeast globs, then use bags of flour + the yeast together to bake plant 'cheese bread' which can be eaten all in one as a meal or mixed with other things without having to milk a single cow.

Excellent.

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could create wine yeast by mixing dwarven sugar (and modding in sugarcane) and alcohol together in a still into yeast globs, then use bags of flour + the yeast together to bake plant 'cheese bread' which can be eaten all in one as a meal or mixed with other things without having to milk a single cow.

Excellent.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. And if you wanted to do a hardtack recipe just leave out the yeast process. I think.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has anyone tried negative severity in syndromes?

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Excellent.
I think, dwarves must have no bread. But humans can make bread by reaction and can sell it to dwarves. Bread is foreign to dwarves, so they categorize it like plant cheese.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How make reaction of making bed from cloth and useless feather or hair?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

The wiki has all the info you should need to do that, but as usual its all over the damn place. The four big pages you'll need to reference are reactions, item tokens, material tokens, and material definition tokens

Basically you just want the first reagent to be a stack of cloth of any material (use quantity 10000 iirc to consume one full stack) - note that using any material cloth also allows the game to choose adamantine cloth. But a bed made of adamantine cloth would be totally rad, so yay? It's just easier to not add yet another material you have to be selective about.

The second will be trickier, because hair and feathers are two very different things, and you probably dont want two different reactions, one to use feathers one to use hair, and you also dont want to have to make a reaction for every single creature, but there isnt a token in the hair or feather material definition that tells reactions whether a CORPSEPIECE (because that's what youd get from a butcher's shop) is made of an appropriate material, and we also dont want the reaction to use things like cartilage or nervous tissue, which would also be generated as CORPSEPIECE items from butchering animals.

So before anything else, you have to modify the hair and feather material definitions to make that possible.

First you need to add a REACTION_CLASS token to each of those material definitions in the material_template_default.txt file. Use the same one on each, maybe call it [REACTION_CLASS:PILLOW_STUFFING_MAT]
Then the reagent line then needs to be:
[REAGENT:bedstuffing:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:PILLOW_STUFFING_MAT]
- this then tells the game to look for bits of corpses made of any material that has the PILLOW_STUFFING_MAT, which since we added to both feathers and hair at the material definition level, should now include feathers or hair from literally every animal in the game.

Then the product is a single BED item, no subtype, with GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:{the reagent ID of the cloth}:NONE, and you should now have a bed made of whatever cloth was used. The second reagent, the hair/feather stuffing, just gets consumed and disappears in this case, but you could instead tell the GET_MATERIAL_FROM... line to use the feather/hair material, if you're more interested in whats inside the mattress than what cloth covers it. But if it was made of adamantine cloth, you now have a bed made of chicken feathers and its the adamantine cloth that vanishes, which is also wonky.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How make bone meal? How make reactions for make bone porridge and grind vermin bread?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

To solve the pillow issue, you can make the stuffing the main material and decorate it (using the cover decoration) with the cloth material. That way you don't lose the value of the cloth when they are combined.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How make bone meal? How make reactions for make bone porridge and grind vermin bread?

I dont know but maybe:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BREAD_VERMIN]
     [NAME:vermin bread]
     [BUILDING:KITCHEN:v]
     [REAGENT:A:1:REMAINS:NONE:ALL:ALL]
     [PRODUCT:100:1:BONE_MEAL:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:reagent:NONE]
     [SKILL:COOK]
     [AUTOMATIC]

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:BONE_MEAL]
     [NAME:bone meal]
     [BUILDING:KITCHEN:b]
     [REAGENT:A:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:NONE:NONE] [ANY_BONE_MATERIAL] [USE_BODY_COMPONENT]
     [PRODUCT:100:1:BONE_MEAL:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:reagent:NONE]
     [SKILL:COOK]
     [AUTOMATIC]

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

To solve the pillow issue, you can make the stuffing the main material and decorate it (using the cover decoration) with the cloth material. That way you don't lose the value of the cloth when they are combined.

You are a genius
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Will pillow have cloth color or stuffing material color? How code this?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

It'll be the color of the stuffing.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If add syrup and sugar materials to maple, birch, etc, but not add reaction for make it, will civs trade this sugar and syrup?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I think so, yes, if the tree is available to one of their sites, all of it's materials and products will be available in whatever form of product they're coded to take.

Like you could add maple syrup and sugar as milling products from milling the log or extracts from the leaves. I don't know if that alone would let you mill the logs/leaves yourself in fort mode, it might. Usually logs aren't a valid reagent in those sorts of jobs, they're looking for a growth/fruit item or a plant (uprooted shrub style) like a plump helmet item
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 120