Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [NEW PLAYERS WELCOME]  (Read 23893 times)

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [PLAYERS WANTED]
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 04:16:02 am »

Name: Tree
Race: Dragon
Element: Air
Background: A young shack-sized dragon. He comes from an ancient line of goat herders, dating all the way back to Evergreen Decay, a dragon renowned for his might. The earliest generations were too prideful to admit they didn't know the reason behind this decision and therefore never asked, remaining clueless. A couple millennia later and why his ancestor decided to take up this particular profession has been a subject of fierce debates among the family for many years now, resulting in most of them storming off to some obscure corner of the world, a depressed uncle, two dragons that support the goat master race and an angry duck that breathes fire. So the family tradition fell on Tree to make things right and raise goats in their stead, even if he has no idea how.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:56:29 am by Secheral »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 04:29:10 am »

Questions.
What kind of gameplay do you envision?
What timescale would we be operating on? Days? Months? Years?
Is this intended to be 100% PvE, 100% PvP, or somewhere inbetween?
Long Live United Forenia!

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 05:23:57 am »

That dragon seems fine, although I take it he's young? Generally I have Dragons get big. Although you could be like a small subrace etc.

With the gameplay, it's a mix, If Tree the dragon is happy avoiding interaction with player entities, he can, if he decides to go pick a fight with the Yinglets, he can. With the timescale, it will definitely depend on what everyone is doing. If we have a group of explorers sailing to the Todeslande, Tree moving his goats into the Iomeeran empire and the Yinglets building a city, they happen all together, but if we have Tree fighting a group of awakened bushes that took a disliking to his goats and a mercenary group fighting a skeleton army while the Yinglet develop bronze I'll ask if Failbird has any short term things.

Fortunately if players are a fair distance apart- See not effecting each other, I can mess with time a bit. :/
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 05:27:49 am by Cadeyrn Heffernan »
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2017, 05:53:11 am »

Yup. Young. The size of a shack.

Cyne-Wulf

• Bay Watcher
  • Fenrisúlfr shall consume.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 07:16:25 am »

Okay, my nation is the Lakami, a species of snake creatures. They have the upper body of a humanoid, with thin scales, four arms and long mobile ears and the lower body of a massive serpent, an average of 11 meters (36 feet 1 inch), and weigh an average of 400 kilograms (800 pounds). They live in the desert next to the Spine of the Land. Like some snakes they can sense heat.

They use stone houses to trap heat during the night and bronze tools, and farm lots of meat animals, but no riding beasts or wheeled vehicles- The sand makes it ineffective. Their favoured weapons in combat are swords and spears.
They do not farm much outside of medicinal herbs and wood for fire and charcoal.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:27:49 pm by Cyne-Wulf »
My SpaceStory Characters

GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 07:37:37 am »

So, like fox or cat ears, and I take it they're cold blooded then? Also, nearly half ton snakes are scary enough, so would you mind a reduction to 2 arms? Otherwise seems fine, cold bloodedness and a definite need to shed skin (likely taking many hours) will make up for the hearing and infravision. Since you are so large I'm going to increase your maturation time. Do your snake people give live birth or lay eggs?
Tech is fine, how humanish is your humanoid part? Like Gorgeous Gorgon trope or mostly snake?

Shack Dragon is fine, and you can choose an element for your dragon. Note, you will take a very long time to grow.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 07:40:55 am »

Name: Flame

Race: Dragon

Background: A red-orange fire dragon from a line of warriors who like to raze settlements. Lives in a cave in the Kaboden Woodsea. Has an impressive killcount already and is an enemy of the Iomeeran Empire.

Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Cyne-Wulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 07:45:02 am »

Yeah, those sorts of ears, I'm good losing a pair of arms, I was thinking very humanish upper body (Hence the thin scales) also laying clutches of eggs (2-3?). I'm fine with the long maturation and growth, since that goes hand in hand with long life (As does being a reptile and being large) Also yes, cold blooded. Shedding skin was a factor I didn't think of but makes sense, despite being horrifying O__o
Also, just to clarify, constricting and the snake puunce thing, not venom.
My SpaceStory Characters

GENERATION 31:

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 07:50:27 am »

Oh, alright. How about this, then?

Wandering Tribe
Name: Ijzervolk
Race: Human
Activities: Marauding, pillaging, piracy, etc.
Description: They came from the Mistwood, on a fleet of ships of a design not seen in the soft southern lands- ships used to plying ice-choked waterways, raging rivers, and the open ocean, with enchanted prows that cut through the water with frightening ease. They came roaring and shouting in their strange tongue, the threat of violence understandable to all. But most of all, they came with iron blades that cut through armour like hot knives through particularly soft butter. Observers from the Iomeeran Empire might recognise the material as steel- to those living outside those enlightened lands, they knew only to live in fear of the Ijzervolk, to lock their doors tight, and to pray to whatever gods they could that the rampaging barbarians would return to their ships before reaching them.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world)
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2017, 08:18:26 am »

Lawd, I'm reading the webcomic XD
The Norlands have lots of swamps, but is fairly cold, and there are deltas at the end of the desert rivers.

Hmm, those are good, but I would want them rather close to the human borders, simply because most of the reason they are a tribal level civilization rather than neanderthals is because humans were around for them to pick things up from.

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2017, 08:59:52 am »

Okay, the the snakes are good, the fire dragon in the kaboen is good (Shack sized again I reckon- Strong but not ridiculously so: I definitely wouldn't mess with a fire breathing flying reptile the size of a small elephant, even with a gun!) The tribesmen with steel are good. The amount of steel you'll have will be limited, the rest can be iron, or bronze.
With the scavs, the place you want is the southern Norlands near the land bridge to the Iomeer, so you are close to them without starting inside their territory. Also, just putting it out there, the Norlands are right next to the world's only superpower. Other than that, the game is on- People can still join after it starts- Everyone can state what they're doing, and I'll write up the turn and how it goes after everyoblne has posted.
Just to clarify everyone's locations
Failbird- The Yinglet are near the Iomeer-Norland land bridge on the North side?
Secheral- Tree lives (In a cave I assume) on a Norlandic mountain, East, west or central in terms of the range?
Cyne-Wulf- The Lakami live in the desert? Near one of the rivers I assume?
KittyTac- Flame is in the Kaboen, roughly where? Central, above Todeslande etc.?
NUKE- So the Ijzervolk are in the Mistwood? Makes sense, ja. One question, do they have any permanent settlements, cause steel, seaworthy ships and a reputation suggests at least some towns- Majority can still wander, hunt etc.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2017, 09:08:32 am »

NUKE- So the Ijzervolk are in the Mistwood? Makes sense, ja. One question, do they have any permanent settlements, cause steel, seaworthy ships and a reputation suggests at least some towns- Majority can still wander, hunt etc.
There is, no doubt, some level of Ijzervolk civilisation up there in the Mistwood, where they forge their blades and enchant their ships. I can describe what is happening there as well, if you like, though the interesting stuff happens when they leave.

Anyway, do we post actions in this thread? Any particular format?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2017, 09:13:08 am »

Failbird- The Yinglet are near the Iomeer-Norland land bridge on the North side?
Yeah that's good. I'd imagine Yinglet "civilization" would probably gather around the first real civilization they met once they realized it wasn't an active threat.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2017, 09:39:28 am »

Flame is just above Todeslande. I guess I can make an action.

Flame looks at the bones of fallen Iomeeran warriors in his cave and decides it's time to slay more. He flies away to the nearest Iomeeran settlement and begins to burn everything in sight, retreating if wounded.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Cyne-Wulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2017, 09:44:27 am »

Gathered around the northern of the two rivers, yeah.

The Lakami will expand seawords, irrigating to allow livestock (food) to grow better.
My SpaceStory Characters

GENERATION 31:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25