Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: SCP: Legion of the D.E.A.D: Mission 1: Waltzing Matilda  (Read 24340 times)

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: Legion of the D.E.A.D: Mission 1: Waltzing Matilda
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2017, 12:49:58 pm »

"I'm not afraid of you. Go away, or you will have found that you are picking on the wrong home! Is that a little girl in your truck? Sick bastards, I'm calling the sheriff!"

Shocked at this crass response, Myrtle furrowed her brow and raised her finger toward miss Honey.

"Well, excuse me, how rude! We just came by for a visit, but you're treating us like thugs. You barely even gave us a chance to explain why we came by. Is this how you treat all your visitors? You know, back in my day, when people came to visit, we would show them some hospitality, not throw out accusations! We would treat them like welcome guests, not invaders! How is your daughter supposed to learn good manners if you're setting such a bad example? Why, in all my years..."

Continue lecturing miss Honey.

Spoiler: Gigagiant (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 12:54:16 pm by GigaGiant »
Insert witty signature here

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2017, 04:03:15 pm »

"The girl is in great danger. We have to take both of you to a safe place before other groups find out about the girl's powers. If she doesn't come with us, they will kidnap her and experiment on the nature of her powers. Both of you must come with us before it's too late. We are here to take the girl to a safe place and protect her from the other groups interested on weaponizing her powers. If she doesn't come with us, the mission will be considered a failure by our leaaders and they will exterminate every single one of us. Even the girl at the van and the old woman. We need that both of you come with us, please."
*Tick*   *Tock*
Use Intelligence to convince the woman to come with us?
Spoiler: Jay Walker (click to show/hide)

Ivan surreptitiously jabs Jeb in the ribs with his elbow motioning him to shhh before he starts speaking.

You’ve done enough today, amigo.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 04:05:03 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2017, 04:26:23 pm »

"I don't think you understand that failure of this mission means extermination. We have to do everything that is possible for us to extract the target from this area and protect her. If you think talking and explaining the situation is not going to work, then go there and try taking the girl by force."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 04:29:57 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2017, 04:26:49 pm »

((Aigre, remember to remove the knife from egan's inventory, as Faye now has it))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2017, 04:47:46 pm »

"I don't think you understand that failure of this mission means extermination. We have to do everything that is possible for us to extract the target from this area and protect her. If you think talking and explaining the situation is not going to work, then go there and try taking the girl by force."

Ivan jabs him again, speaking quietly

We never met before today, but you are not good at words, cabron. You have already made enemies among the few people here. The niña in the truck tried to kill you. If we need some tipo to start shooting at us, feel free to talk, but right now you need to shut your mouth, okay?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2017, 11:21:24 pm »

Faye addresses the girl

"Oh! Is this woman your mother, young lady? Have bad people been coming by to hurt you? They'll be back,I am sure. time and again. Perhaps while you sleep. I do hope nothing bad happens, if you stay here.

Well, bye then!"

Faye then turns and walks away, toward the van.

Spoiler: Ozarck (click to show/hide)

"The girl is in great danger. We have to take both of you to a safe place before other groups find out about the girl's powers. If she doesn't come with us, they will kidnap her and experiment on the nature of her powers. Both of you must come with us before it's too late. We are here to take the girl to a safe place and protect her from the other groups interested on weaponizing her powers. If she doesn't come with us, the mission will be considered a failure by our leaaders and they will exterminate every single one of us. Even the girl at the van and the old woman. We need that both of you come with us, please."
*Tick*   *Tock*
Use Intelligence to convince the woman to come with us?

"I'm not afraid of you. Go away, or you will have found that you are picking on the wrong home! Is that a little girl in your truck? Sick bastards, I'm calling the sheriff!"

Shocked at this crass response, Myrtle furrowed her brow and raised her finger toward miss Honey.

"Well, excuse me, how rude! We just came by for a visit, but you're treating us like thugs. You barely even gave us a chance to explain why we came by. Is this how you treat all your visitors? You know, back in my day, when people came to visit, we would show them some hospitality, not throw out accusations! We would treat them like welcome guests, not invaders! How is your daughter supposed to learn good manners if you're setting such a bad example? Why, in all my years..."

Continue lecturing miss Honey.

Ivan jabs him again, speaking quietly

We never met before today, but you are not good at words, cabron. You have already made enemies among the few people here. The niña in the truck tried to kill you. If we need some tipo to start shooting at us, feel free to talk, but right now you need to shut your mouth, okay?

A female Fatale turns her back on a schoolteacher after making vague threats towards her "daughter". Jay walker is intelligently talking about extermination as a driver for cooperation. And an old lady is still yammering about manners. Okies.

Jay rolls on his intelligence and intuition to delicately approach the subject of cooperation. Trying to keep his demeanor and body language as helpful as possible since the words he chose have already dug a grave for him.

3d6>=4f1  = (1 5 1, -1 success) = -1

He is a nervous wreck. He is genuinely afraid of the prospect of EXTERMINATION and communicates it clearly to miss honey and the girl.

Miss Honey fails an intelligence roll. So she still thinks you are crazy cons attempting a home invasion.

Matilda stands in front of Miss Honey protectively. "GO AWAY. YOU CAN"T TAKE ME. I"LL HURT YOU IF YOU MAKE ME!" She yells. A street light explodes dramatically. A collection of forks and knives start to float towards the door from the dining area.

Then Ivan attempts a melee attack on Jay Walker. He rolls Strength + Melee-1 for precision attack, against Jay Walker's Strength + Melee

Ivan: 1d6>=4f1  = (4, 1 successes) = 1
Jay: 2d6>=4f1  = (3 6, 1 success) = 1

Jay blocks Ivan's attack and chatters on and on about HOW THEIR MASTERS WILL EXTERMINATE THEM IF THEY DONT TAKE THE GIRL INTO CUSTODY. Miss Honey and the girl hears all of it, of course.

Meanwhile, Albert Polsk jumps out of an overhead C-130 Super Hercules and parachutes towards the house.

Next turn will be in about 48 hours so everyone gets to post.

Spoiler: Egan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Randomgenericusername (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Papaj (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hector13 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: LordPorkins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spazyak (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2017, 11:37:00 pm »

Realize I don't have a knife. Panic.

"WHO TOOK IT?! WHO?!"
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 03:15:45 am by Egan_BW »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2017, 12:09:30 am »

Land locate nearest sign of team. Look for near by civies too. If signs of teamates found  follow, otherwise look about to get a good idea of the location.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:23:22 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2017, 03:10:51 am »

Faye takes a casual walk around the neighborhood, enjoying the sounds of the team falling apart behind her.

"Should have come while the girl was asleep. Now, the old lady will be a 'problem.' She says, out of hearing of the old lady, the girl, or any other locals.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2017, 07:20:20 am »

"I feel like no one here is really trying to help with this problem. We should call the FBI or the Foundation for support. This is getting out of control."
Return to the van and get in for protection. Try to call the FBI or the Foundation with my android smartphone.
"That lady over there has your knife, girl. Try to not start trouble until everything calms down."
*Tick*   *Tock*
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2017, 08:11:04 am »

Jeb stays close to others in hopes of not getting killed

"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2017, 11:53:15 am »

Seeing the little girl's burst of rage and the kitchen utensils threateningly floating toward her, Myrtle stops talking and turns around to leave, shaking her head disapprovingly as she does. She begins mumbling under her breath in frustration as she slowly hobbles away back toward the van.
"I'm too old for this. I don't need this kind of stress. Both of you are just hopelessly out of control. Goodbye."

Return to the van and rest for a bit. If Rosen is still yelling, then tell her to calm down and use her indoor voice. If she doesn't stop, remove my hearing aid until she does.

Insert witty signature here

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2017, 01:05:14 pm »

"Rosen, Please, calm down. You've just died. Try not to go back so soon. If you want I'll help you steal a knife from this house, but till then hold still and let me make sure your fine"

Check over Rosen. Make sure she's stable. Then

Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2017, 01:09:20 pm »

Ivan shrugs

Follow the others, keeping an eye on Matilda and Miss Honey

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2017, 02:07:20 am »

Realize I don't have a knife. Panic.

"WHO TOOK IT?! WHO?!"

You flail about with impotent rage.

"I feel like no one here is really trying to help with this problem. We should call the FBI or the Foundation for support. This is getting out of control."
Return to the van and get in for protection. Try to call the FBI or the Foundation with my android smartphone.
"That lady over there has your knife, girl. Try to not start trouble until everything calms down."
*Tick*   *Tock*

Seeing the little girl's burst of rage and the kitchen utensils threateningly floating toward her, Myrtle stops talking and turns around to leave, shaking her head disapprovingly as she does. She begins mumbling under her breath in frustration as she slowly hobbles away back toward the van.
"I'm too old for this. I don't need this kind of stress. Both of you are just hopelessly out of control. Goodbye."

Return to the van and rest for a bit. If Rosen is still yelling, then tell her to calm down and use her indoor voice. If she doesn't stop, remove my hearing aid until she does.

"Rosen, Please, calm down. You've just died. Try not to go back so soon. If you want I'll help you steal a knife from this house, but till then hold still and let me make sure your fine"

Check over Rosen. Make sure she's stable. Then

Ivan shrugs

Follow the others, keeping an eye on Matilda and Miss Honey

The team makes a hasty retreat to the van. A wall of cutlery hovers menacingly in front of the little girl. "Tell your masters I'm not afraid of them. If they harm anyone in this town, I will stop them!" She's shaping up to be a superhero already. Isn't that lovely?

Miss Honey gasps and mutters something about not meaning to hurt anybody.

Faye takes a casual walk around the neighborhood, enjoying the sounds of the team falling apart behind her.

"Should have come while the girl was asleep. Now, the old lady will be a 'problem.' She says, out of hearing of the old lady, the girl, or any other locals.

You walk down the street. The houses are plain ordinary suburban cottages much like Miss Honey's. Inside, people are having their evening meals and preparing for bed.

Land locate nearest sign of team. Look for near by civies too. If signs of teamates found  follow, otherwise look about to get a good idea of the location.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

As if guided by a homing beacon, your parachute takes you right to the roof of the van! You land with a very loud thud.
Rolling Dex+Endurance to see if you break anything: 3d6>=4f1  = (2 6 3, 1 success) = 1
You tumble about and hit the turmac. Everything hurts and you are badly bruised from the shock of the landing. But there's no permanent damage.

Then Jay walker, huddled up in the truck, tries to call the boss. He rolls Auxilliary + Intelligence to operate his phone.
4d6>=4f1  = (3 5 5 1, 1 success) = 1

He gets through, but the call is unencrypted. The friendly FBI is almost certainly listening in, along with any script kiddy with an active listener.

"Do you have results yet?" Is the first thing the voice on the other end asks.

Anyway, you have made contact with the subject's telekinetic powers! She is currently threatening you with sharp floating silverware! Most of the team have retreated to the truck or are taking casual walks away from the AO.

You could hole up for the night and you'll get some xp awarded for surviving the day, the mission would continue at dawn, or whenever you set out again. (If you try sneaking into Miss Honey's home, it is likely that both of the occupants aren't going to get much sleep after this encounter.)

Spoiler: Egan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Randomgenericusername (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Papaj (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hector13 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spazyak (click to show/hide)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18