Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: You are a minor Lovcraftian Horror 3 OOC [10/10, 1R] Put action Pricechecks here  (Read 5237 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Price check creating 5 ak-47's for my followers + 20,000 rounds of ammunition.

Price check adding two story watch towers to my ranch.
I'm gonna have to draw a line here. Guns and ammo are very complex objects that are hard to create as opposed to structures. Lots of delicate parts that have to be very precise. What you're asking would be somewhere in the 30-50 range for the ammo ALONE. better to provide the materials and workstations, then have your followers craft them when they have the right facilities. Besides, allowing you to just create guns devalues monsters, and that's no good!

What about the two story tower?
I would say roughly 2F, assuming it's 20 feet tall (1 story roughly equaling 10 feet) and is only large enough to hold 1-2 people at a time.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I make broodmother immobile monsters as a source of food and water for followers?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

A detail I neglected to mention regarding TUO: if he is there, then you can see him, no matter where you're looking. If there's two people standing back-to-back, they can still both see him standing directly in front of him. Two people side-by-side, however, would see him in the same place.
I don't see how this matters as it's mostly cosmetic. also, distance would still apply and if he is far away, he might as well be a tiny speck.
I know. I just wanted you to be aware of it for the turn flavor text.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

going to sleep now.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

Price check for regenerative abilities for monsters?
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a minor Lovcraftian Horror 3 OOC [10/10, 1R] Put Pricechecks here!
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2017, 10:58:18 am »

Accepted, and this also means we are full unless our reserved friend there doesn't post a sheet within about 5-6 more days.
Price check for regenerative abilities for monsters?
Depends on if you want straight up regeneration or regen with a catch, such as requiring sunlight or consuming flesh.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about recycling damaged monsters?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

There are only two states of being for monsters and followers health wise while in combat: Alive and Dead. All the other statuses on followers only affect their fear generation to a extent with the baseline (no food and water, no shelter, no focused worship) being 1F per follower.

As such, damaged monsters do not technically exist, and regeneration traits will only reduce casualties caused during events and combat. This also means that there is nothing to recycle unfortunately, unless you plan on inventing necromantic spells at some point.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

what about recycling monsters into different/better monsters?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I make broodmother immobile monsters as a source of food and water for followers?

Also could you add a "requires sunlight" trait that reduces costs? or "edible"?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:27:38 am by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

@RGN
You could add a weakness to prolonged darkness. Also, you could make a a immobile monster that produces meat/fruit and a second monster that produces water.
Monsterflesh isn't edible directly, since most of it is formed from energy rather than grown.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

question, if I made the meatfruit trees(immobile, producer) vulnerable to fire, what would the cost change to?

Also, maybe "requires food" could be a good weakness for monster?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:52:04 am by Failbird105 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

3 x 0.2 x 4 x 0.4 =0.96F, rounded up would be 1F per tree.

I don't think that would be a good weakness because I am using food, water and shelter as a fear boost mechanism more than a survival requirement.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By adding all negative traits (weakness, irritant, bane and immobile.) and broodmother you could have trees that grow in numbers for just 2F each. Make some and never worry about food or water again.

3 x 4 x 13 x 0.2 x 0.2 x 0.4 x 0.8 =1.99, rounded up would be 2 Fear for self-replicating trees.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 01:01:19 pm by randomgenericusername »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5