Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Roll to God IC  (Read 7416 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to God IC
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2017, 12:43:45 pm »

(By turn 3, will Digita have regenerated to positive energy? Or will she be in a state of forced rest?)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2017, 02:02:15 pm »

(By turn 3, will Digita have regenerated to positive energy? Or will she be in a state of forced rest?)
(I edited the post in the OC to clarify, because I forgot you regenerate CP at the end of each turn. Because you end up positive at the end of the turn, you will no longer be exhausted on turn three, but you should probably rest anyways because you will only have 75 CP.)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2017, 02:22:11 pm »

Digita decides against rest, and creates a metallic grass that will slowly spread from metal tiles onto adjacent tiles, and convert the terrain of those tiles to metal.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2017, 04:14:01 pm »

((Plumes, not plums, so not fruit bearing.))

Rest time.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2017, 04:54:47 pm »

Exhausted, Dikaios decides to rest close to the Light of Judgement.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2017, 05:17:12 pm »

Create Knarves; gigantic and muscular hunch-backed humanoids the colour of bone. Their fingers are as long as their hands and very nimble, ending in straight claws. They have a mouth full of sharp teeth and eat almost anything if the need presents itself, living or non-living. They are supported on eight long spider legs with multiple joints. Black hair descends from their head to their waist. They have no sense of humour, are extremely arrogant and have an unhealthy obsession with building stairs, finding new ways to build stairs and discovering materials with which to build stairs. They are also mildly interested in stars.

Or roughly-cube shaped creatures of various sizes and colours if that's too much right now. Each has a unique set of sunken lines, locks, cog wheels and other interlocking designs so that they form a whole when combined. They travel in great hordes as a hive-mind, connected among eachother so that they form a winding staircase to the sky. Those who are at the edges still grow and when they reach twice their regular size, they split. Each of the resulting cubes is unique, as their parent cube decides how it will split. They feed on light and all enter hibernation when there's not enough of it. Name them Sotrals.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:18:11 am by Secheral »

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2017, 09:40:00 pm »

Assuming that player enters:
"It's an interesting idea, but not a necessary one. I would prefer to let the world grow as it may."
~~~
"Though the land grows, the seas do not."

Create a new pseudo-plant species: the River Plume. River Plumes are long stalks that grow only underwater, taking their carbon dioxide from the surrounding water instead of from air. River Plumes reproduce by detaching pieces of themselves that flow downstream and reattach later on, becoming a new plant. Place them in the Three Rivers.

(4)You plant River Plums at the start of the three rivers, anticipating that they will spread. Are they fruit bearing?
-x
River *Plumes

I fill in the ocean until there's more ocean than land. The great deep is now covered with thick mist and rife with convoluted and unintuitive currents.

If there's still enough CP left, I create small, purple-spotted red creatures that both swim and fly for short distances. They divide to reproduce; their reproduction is fast but attenuated by the presence of other similar creatures nearby and by food levels. They move by taking in a large quantity of water and explosively expelling it, propelling them forward. Having no fins or recognizable appendages, their shape consists of a flexible lump with two tubes on opposite ends. The last stage in their life-cycle consists of them swimming to shore and simultaneously growing a thick exoskeleton, jointed in the middle, that impedes their movement. Once they reach shore, they pressurize the exoskeleton and launch themselves much further than possible without an exoskeleton onto the land, where they die. Their intelligence is extremely limited, their chief strength being their fast reproduction and group mentality. They eat any impurities in the ocean, keeping it clean and pure. They have no name, for there are no sentient creatures that have named them.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2017, 12:03:20 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2017, 07:03:30 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You can, or you can create a sentient creature now and make it sapient after waking up from hibernation (hint: option 2 is cheaper).

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2017, 07:15:38 am »

Turn 3

Or roughly-cube shaped creatures of various sizes and colours if that's too much right now. Each has a unique set of sunken lines, locks, cog wheels and other interlocking designs so that they form a whole when combined. They travel in great hordes as a hive-mind, connected among eachother so that they form a winding staircase to the sky. Those who are at the edges still grow and when they reach twice their regular size, they split. Each of the resulting cubes is unique, as their parent cube decides how it will split. They feed on light and all enter hibernation when there's not enough of it. Name them Sotrals.

(4) A small gang of Sotrals come into existence and immediately begin to try turning into stairs.

River *Plumes

I fill in the ocean until there's more ocean than land. The great deep is now covered with thick mist and rife with convoluted and unintuitive currents.

If there's still enough CP left, I create small, purple-spotted red creatures that both swim and fly for short distances. They divide to reproduce; their reproduction is fast but attenuated by the presence of other similar creatures nearby and by food levels. They move by taking in a large quantity of water and explosively expelling it, propelling them forward. Having no fins or recognizable appendages, their shape consists of a flexible lump with two tubes on opposite ends. The last stage in their life-cycle consists of them swimming to shore and simultaneously growing a thick exoskeleton, jointed in the middle, that impedes their movement. Once they reach shore, they pressurize the exoskeleton and launch themselves much further than possible without an exoskeleton onto the land, where they die. Their intelligence is extremely limited, their chief strength being their fast reproduction and group mentality. They eat any impurities in the ocean, keeping it clean and pure. They have no name, for there are no sentient creatures that have named them.

You continue the spread of oceans, but with no knowledge of the size of the world, you decide to cover two more tiles in it.

(4) With your last ounce of energy, you manage to create your unnamed species.

The Terran Sphere converts another tile into fertile soil, and turns north. Rain continues to fall, helping all plants grow and expanding the oceans further. The Binaries have multiplied again, making up for their lost brethren.

CP and main post updates soon, just have to double check some actions.
Edit: Main post updated. All CP values are correct unless I goofed some math.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 07:29:04 am by Wozzy »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2017, 07:59:32 am »

Whispermills calls forth strength from within themselves and Births The Whisperers from their own flesh.

The whisperers are small six limbed bird like people covered in black and purple feathers.
Their first two limbs are built for digging and have strong hard claws for the second set is rather humanoid in construction to allow for advanced tool use and the third set resembles the legs of a turkey. Their heads a rather dolike with the exeotion of a squid/parrotlike beak at their front, the posses a short tail like what might be seen on a diving bird.

She leaves them with instructions on how to build fire and two main guidelines for life before He returns to slumbering withing the temple.

1. Do not make provoke war with your neighbors
2. Treat other Whisperers with kindness and generosity whenever possible.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 11:51:43 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2017, 08:06:07 am »

Rest and inhabit the newly expanding ocean.

OOC: Where did the temple go? Paxiecrunchie's labor of love is not in the main post.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2017, 08:07:55 am »

"More power will be a necessity."

500 CP to increase my maximum CP.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2017, 08:16:55 am »

Hmn...
Start carving a city out of the walls of the cliff. I will be butting sentient mortals there once I can.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2017, 09:22:39 am »

Rest and inhabit the newly expanding ocean.

OOC: Where did the temple go? Paxiecrunchie's labor of love is not in the main post.
Under Paxiecrunchie's information.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6