Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]

Author Topic: Tech Support [ACT 2] [ᚦᛖ᛫ᚷᛟᛚᛞᛖᚾ᛫ᛒᚱᛖᛞ᛫ᛁᛉ᛫ᛖᛏᛖᚱᚾᚨᛚ]  (Read 53562 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So it looks like SLong had a fragment of a stone left on the computer (somehow) and that caused our stone to be fragile. 

Greenbuddy got the larger part of the stone so that is why he has 67% control of the star-map-interstellar-navigation program. 

This must mean however that the remaining fragment is still on the computer somewhere or connected somehow for him to be accessing the system, like maybe he is part of a virtual network to this computer.

Wait, are we ChuckW, did we even log onto this computer with our own access credentials?

Its clear Greenbuddy wants to troubleshoot the admin dispute or repair the stone in his favor, we should close auctoritas for now.

If they are not local then maybe we can find a way to shut their connection, if they are on the computer, maybe in a virtual machine or something, then we can take back the stone.

Check the PDF for a way to find stone fragments, if it is standard to scan for existing fragments maybe we can locate where the other ones are.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

It is also possible that SLong is still alive.  If so, he may be a useful ally, as the DeepOnes dropped the hint that he was a "Traitor."

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Traitor could just as easily be a mandate as a background... "The enemy of my enemy made an enemy" and all that...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Have a look for any cords other than mouse, keyboard, monitor and mouse power at the back of our PC.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

I'm way too busy to do much, but I'm thrilled to see each new massively-complicated update.  This continues to be terrific.

I'm glad the trident is useful.  But ugh why does the Beast keep bringing ads??  Is it just a question of percentages; like how a search will naturally hit all the junk alongside the good stuff?

Wait, are we ChuckW, did we even log onto this computer with our own access credentials?

I haven't checked into our history of "logging onto," but I found the post showing we are Charles (Dexter) Ward.  And if the system knows we're here without us actually logging in, well, I wouldn't be surprised.

Check the PDF for a way to find stone fragments, if it is standard to scan for existing fragments maybe we can locate where the other ones are.
Run Defrag.

If this isn't the solution (or at least the way to advance the plot), I will be terribly disappointed.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile

Wow, catching up on this was amazing  as anyone tried running the equivalents of task manager yet? or looking for networking options .
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]