Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: Tech Support [ACT 2] [ᚦᛖ᛫ᚷᛟᛚᛞᛖᚾ᛫ᛒᚱᛖᛞ᛫ᛁᛉ᛫ᛖᛏᛖᚱᚾᚨᛚ]  (Read 53614 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Assuming that nothing hitch-hikes the data. Still nervous about a live connection...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Assuming that nothing hitch-hikes the data. Still nervous about a live connection...
Yeahhhh, I oppose file transfers between computers for now.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Check what software we have available that can compress and/or split files. Particularly WinRar

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

OK, but that will take forever. Floppy drives are very slow things.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sadly, that is A: a PDF, thus it must be purged by flame, and B: contains images. So it is likely a good deal larger than a mere 800 page plaintext document that could probably be shipped over, well, not quickly, but progress would be easily observable.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Reminder: We torrented the Necronomicon on the eldritch computer; we should be able to simply append the document to it there.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not quite correct.

Necronomicon.pdf was hosted by crack-phreaks.net, (mortal world hosting!), and was downloaded on the laptop.  :P

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Not quite correct.

Necronomicon.pdf was hosted by crack-phreaks.net, (mortal world hosting!), and was downloaded on the laptop.  :P
Not quite correct: crakk-freekz.net's domain lapsed, and the torrent link was obtained in Hieronet browser at (osiris).sothoth. How we moved the file to the laptop was never specified.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

a .torrent file is just a few kilobytes?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

a .torrent file is just a few kilobytes?
yes, but it only contains data on how to download and assemble the file being torrented.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, we torrented the necronomicon on the laptop. we got the .torrent from the heironet, but downloaded the actual data from the internet.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 03:48:18 pm by wierd »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

send this:

"🦐✂🔌!👁☣!"
That seems like a good idea, but is it perhaps for another thread?
Read the First Post!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats what I get for posting way late at (for me) night. I will move it.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

Scryglass of X'tpylix and aura monitor the desktop, just to be sure?

Something is definitely not right with your desktop right now. Better investigate a little more closely.

Charles: Scry

Well... it doesn't seem aggressive, at least? Probably just trying to steal your soul credit card info.

Have a quick look at the expanded desktop, just in case something has been growing up there...

Good idea!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seems pretty calm at the moment, but you should probably keep an eye on... whatever that void is... in the future.

Ugh, Internet Explorer has been nothing but trouble, can you move it and its shrotcuts to a quarantine subdirectory?
That thing probably counts as undead, but it could be a friendly virus? The noble bird shall guide us to the truth...

You can never be too careful around obsolete browsers with security vulnerabilities and affinity for unholy malware. As for the virus itself... it seems annoying at worst right now, but that could change.

Spoiler: Suggestions (click to show/hide)

Yeah, we torrented the necronomicon on the laptop. we got the .torrent from the heironet, but downloaded the actual data from the internet.
Check what software we have available that can compress and/or split files. Particularly WinRar

No, nothing like that. BUT the Hieronet seems to establish a connection outside of the normal time stream. Given this fact, a compression algorithm that utilized the Hieronet's asynchronous timeline access could have perfect foreknowledge of the contents of a file, via a stable time loop. Thus, you could theoretically achieve zero-entropy lossless "compression", and transfer a file instantaneously!

Anyway...

. . . I'm still stuck on the idea of extracting a healing elixir and putting it on the clipboard.  Also, good to know that "expel to" is this thing's version of "unzip," that is, do not do thisInstead, squint eyes to narrow slits to protect from visions of horror and select "Auctoritas."

Woah, a lot going on here. First, we have a list of users with Admin privileges. Right now it seems to be split between... three users? You can assume the third item in the list is that Toad that stole two-thirds of your Administrator's Stone, but... who's the first administrator in the list?

Second, you have a console and a starmap display. A user that ISN'T YOU has been typing commands in the console for some time now. You don't seem to have the ability to type in the console yourself.

Spoiler: Documents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Programs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Forbidden Keypad
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Obvious Rick and Morty reference is obvious.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30