Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30

Author Topic: Tech Support [ACT 2] [ᚦᛖ᛫ᚷᛟᛚᛞᛖᚾ᛫ᛒᚱᛖᛞ᛫ᛁᛉ᛫ᛖᛏᛖᚱᚾᚨᛚ]  (Read 53604 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Tech Support [ᚦᛖ᛫ᛟᛚᛞ᛫ᚹᚢᚾᛉ᛫ᚨᚱ᛫ᚨᚹᚨᚲ]
« Reply #195 on: November 11, 2017, 09:54:09 pm »

• When he comes back, tell our eldritch friend that humans have become increasingly perverse and horrible all on their own due to continual internet exposure. Send him samples of "Rule34" (emphasis on horrible profane beings), some excerpts from 4chan, and Reddit, and basically all news coverage since Trump's election. Be sure to mention things like this industry from Japan, and mention that even if AZATHOTH himself appeared in the sky, 5 out of 6 humans would fail to notice, as they are too busy reading facebook on their cellphones.  Inquire if he still wants us to reconnect R'LYEH with these creatures, as he seems like a fairly sane person, and that is a rare commodity these days.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:01:23 pm by wierd »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 11, 2017, 09:58:20 pm »

• When he comes back, tell our eldritch friend that humans have become increasingly perverse and horrible all on their own due to continual internet exposure. Send him samples of "Rule34" (emphasis on horrible profane beings), some excerpts from 4chan, and Reddit, and basically all news coverage since Trump's election. Inquire if he still wants us to reconnect R'LYEH with these creatures, as he seems like a fairly sane person, and that is a rare commodity these days.
I don't think he wants to connect R'LYEH for social reasons; I suspect he wants to complete the Y2K protocol.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 11, 2017, 10:05:20 pm »

*psst It's a play on the actual meat of the prophesies in those stories, where the old ones teach mankind horrible, horrible things. (Things that by Lovecraft's measuring stick we have far surpassed on our own.)

[At the proper time,] the secret priests would take great Cthulhu from his tomb to revive His subjects and resume his rule of earth [...] Then mankind would have become as the Great Old Ones; free and wild and beyond good and evil, with laws and morals thrown aside and all men shouting and killing and revelling in joy. Then the liberated Old Ones would teach them new ways to shout and kill and revel and enjoy themselves, and all the earth would flame with a holocaust of ecstasy and freedom.

Again, see things like Brexit, Trump's inauguration, North Korean nukes, flagrant corruption in government, along with all the flagrant corruption and "terrible freedom" seen on Reddit and 4chan.  (The point is that *IT HAPPENED ANYWAY*, without the old ones.)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 11, 2017, 10:20:48 pm »

Point noted and accepted.

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 11, 2017, 11:06:58 pm »

Open outlook back up. Anything new? What email server is it pulling from? Can we get to it via outlook web hieronet access?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2017, 11:30:57 pm »

What is the newly displayed time and date on this pc?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 12, 2017, 01:24:39 am »

• When he comes back, tell our eldritch friend that humans have become increasingly perverse and horrible all on their own due to continual internet exposure. Send him samples of "Rule34" (emphasis on horrible profane beings), some excerpts from 4chan, and Reddit, and basically all news coverage since Trump's election. Be sure to mention things like this industry from Japan, and mention that even if AZATHOTH himself appeared in the sky, 5 out of 6 humans would fail to notice, as they are too busy reading facebook on their cellphones.  Inquire if he still wants us to reconnect R'LYEH with these creatures, as he seems like a fairly sane person, and that is a rare commodity these days.
plus one, anywho As fun as this dagion fellow is, I do not trust him so we should maybe only follows ==some of the instructions before asking him why we should trust him.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2017, 02:11:32 pm »

cast from 292
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.

Look at 292 and 282 for a few instants. Cast from the one that doesn't immediately appear to be conferring madness.
Then FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.

Hold off on releasing the internet seal. Not enough info yet. I fear that dagonforce is trying to complete the Y2K protocol.
+1. He did seem very eager to get that us to use that sigil.
... that makes sense. +1

Yeah, you're not sure if you trust this Bureaucrat guy's advice completely, so you're going to hold off on restoring internet functionality for now. Might as well take a look at the pages he/she/it suggested, though.

First... 292!

Okay, looks like someone attached a recipe card to this one at some point, and whoever scanned it (Steve?) didn't bother taking it off first. You get the feeling that the index card amounts to a translation of what was originally on the page. This might be the spell they were talking about...? It's not really labelled, so you're going to have to check the other page to make sure.

For a fraction of a second, you glance at the page, then instantly close it. This isn't it, nope. Do not look at the page.

Spoiler: Page 282 (click to show/hide)

DO NOT LOOK AT THE PAGE. You didn't see or make eye contact with anything, and no response is necessary. Response? No, what would you be responding to you didn't hear anything moving on.

Open outlook back up. Anything new? What email server is it pulling from? Can we get to it via outlook web hieronet access?

Hey we have email! You're not sure the client-server model even applies to a program that's pulling emails out of the time stream at random, though. This one appears to be from the late 90's, again.

Code: (email, Subject: Forbidden Keys?) [Select]
Date: Thursday, October 2, 1997 10:23 AM
To: Qalzsx'wa The Engorged
Subject: Forbidden Keys?

Hey Qalz,

This is Sam from IT, over here at Baldr. We have been, uh...
installing some of the software you provided us with, and we
would like to request a couple of user's manuals, if you have
any idea what those are. This software is a little more "high
stakes" than what we're used to, if you know what I mean. While
you're at it, could we have some explanation of the "FORBIDDEN
KEYPAD" on the underside of these keyboards you sent? I don't
know what any of these symbols mean, and it looks dangerous.

That's all,
Sam

As early as '97, your company was receiving software from these guys. And... keyboards?

What is the newly displayed time and date on this pc?

It seems to be stuck on January 1st, 2000, 4:22 AM, and the clock won't move. That is definitely not the right time zone.

Spoiler: Documents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Programs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 12:15:59 pm by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2017, 02:15:01 pm »

I almost don't want to do this, but turn over the keyboard.

Also we should find some desktop images that correspond to the spell.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2017, 02:58:39 pm »

Don't have time to check, but I recall from some wikipedia-browsing that the steps of that recipe might roughly correspond to the traditional stages of creating a philosopher's stone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2017, 03:06:04 pm »

Don't have time to check, but I recall from some wikipedia-browsing that the steps of that recipe might roughly correspond to the traditional stages of creating a philosopher's stone.
Indeed, and they literally mean "blackening", "whitening", "yellowing", and "reddening", in that order.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 15, 2017, 05:42:22 pm »

Indeed, and they literally mean "blackening", "whitening", "yellowing", and "reddening", in that order.

This may be a vey good or a very bad thing depending on how the rules of this universe operate, so we should step with caution.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 16, 2017, 05:30:44 pm »

Check the screen saver. Nobody wants to fall for the "Error-Message Screensaver" gag...

And, uhh, can we think of a way to search for "Qalzsx'wa The Engorged" without the abyss staring back? Maybe we could try a proxy of some sort... Also check for Andrew Hussie.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 05:34:01 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 16, 2017, 05:32:45 pm »

I think we should turn back to 482 and say hi to the eye, it might have some helpful advice.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 16, 2017, 05:51:59 pm »

Check the screen saver. Nobody wants to fall for the "Error-Message Screensaver" gag...

And, uhh, can we think of a way to search for "Qalzsx'wa The Engorged" without the abyss staring back? Maybe we could try a proxy of some sort... Also check for Andrew Hussie.

Hieronet LinkedIn of course.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30