Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Doki doki literature club: only META~  (Read 19259 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doki doki literature club: only META~
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2017, 05:54:01 am »

What the fuck did I just play
Weaboo: The Depressioning - The Game.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2017, 09:40:05 am »

What the fuck did I just play
Weaboo: The Depressioning - The Game.
It's a fan favorite for those that like suffering.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2017, 12:02:54 pm »

I loved it, frankly. I usually hate horror media and am totally uninterested in dating sims, but this was amazing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2017, 01:11:03 pm »

I feel using your real name helps you relate with the characters more. It helps you get more immersed and makes the girls seem more real.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2017, 03:27:28 pm »

it's the first time I've seen a video game really use the medium to quite that extent.

If you want to see way more of that kind of trickery, play Oneshot.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2017, 03:30:32 pm »

What people find oh so sad and scary in this game? For me "horror part" was 90% !!FUNNY!! and 10% a bit sad. Something to do with me spoipering everything to myself before playing? Beginning consisted of "clicking madly to get to interesting part faster" and "reading great poetry".  :P

it's the first time I've seen a video game really use the medium to quite that extent.

If you want to see way more of that kind of trickery, play Oneshot.
10/10? There are NO reviews on this game in Steam. Very strange.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:34:52 pm by MCreeper »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2017, 03:38:36 pm »

Protip: If you want the intended experience, don't look at spoilers. -_-
This is why I like game recommendations that read like "play this thing but don't read anything else about it before you do." That's my ideal game; one where I have no idea what's going on, and can figure that out for myself.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2017, 03:45:35 pm »

like undertale, this really was a game you were better suited to play blindly.

but because the game has spoiler twists, it's more ruined than undertale cuz undertale is still a good story experience no matter what, where ddlc is something that should shock u at first and then once you calm down, you begin to wonder. not to mention it's got meta spoilers that make the game a bit unique. im thinking of the bad spoiler. you thought you got wise? fuck no.

i did enjoy it and i am srsly bad with horror, something to do with me as a kid watching my older brother play resident evil 2
but i continue to come back to them cuz it's like some sort of sore tooth, i can't stop picking at it and causing myself anguish
i do better with horror games i have agency in, like a silent hill or resident evil (before 4, cuz after that they really turn into action games) but i think what really made this stand out is that it is a vn, so you have no agency to do anything but click. it's like if you were strapped down to a chair and your eyes held open so you were forced to watch your parents fuck. srsly disturbing.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:48:49 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2017, 04:43:33 pm »

Somehow not having any power but to watch isn't as distressing to me as HAVING to find a solution to the problem myself, or die. Like when I was playing SOMA and had to sneak past horrifying monsters and I'm like "SERIOUSLY!? AAAAA".
This, on the other hand... It's pretty much just watching bad things happen to *someone else*. I don't even exist in the game world enough for bad things to ever happen to *me*. AYLMAO doesn't have a character sprite, he can't be harmed. And even if he were, it wouldn't hurt *me* because he's an idiot who did multiple things I wouldn't have.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2017, 05:06:16 pm »

So last time, I got asked a yes or no question by Yuri. I chose yes.

And you know what happens after that, don't you?

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2017, 06:47:34 pm »

Regarding Natsuki:

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2017, 06:58:23 pm »

I don't really see much reason to watch this game. It's free to download and some aspects of it work better if you're actually playing for yourself.
Makes me wanna see a game that's so meta it breaks the fifth wall by assuming the observer is actually watching the game being played as a livestream.
Undertale actually does something like this.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2018, 09:47:21 pm »

Bit of a necro, but what the hell, ah?

I just played through it after seeing the Zero Punctuation on it. Since Yahtzee was putting up a spoiler warning (and since the game is free, hehe), I figured I would give it a shot. I was spoiled on one scene in a facebook comment, but I didn't actually realize I was spoiled, as the image was posted without context and I didn't know what it was from.

Man, this game/vn was really good. Like some others, this isn't my type of game, but after hearing all the talk about it, I relented, and am glad I did so. Would recommend.

I wish that more games did surreal horror well; while DDLC does do surreal horror, I can see spots where it could have been improved. Oh, and the thing about

Just my two cents

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2018, 10:19:44 pm »

I saw a streamer who was determined to get to the end of her dialogue. This resulted in like two hours of the same screen and he didn't even see the end of it. I stayed there the whole time because I needed to see him finish it, of course. :P

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2018, 02:37:53 pm »

Bit of a necro, but what the hell, ah?

I just played through it after seeing the Zero Punctuation on it. Since Yahtzee was putting up a spoiler warning (and since the game is free, hehe), I figured I would give it a shot. I was spoiled on one scene in a facebook comment, but I didn't actually realize I was spoiled, as the image was posted without context and I didn't know what it was from.

Man, this game/vn was really good. Like some others, this isn't my type of game, but after hearing all the talk about it, I relented, and am glad I did so. Would recommend.

I wish that more games did surreal horror well; while DDLC does do surreal horror, I can see spots where it could have been improved. Oh, and the thing about

Just my two cents

Glad to hear that you liked it. Some of the members of the community have been a bit "evangelical" about the game and it's resulted in a lot of people who really shouldn't be playing the game, trying it out and getting disappointed due to the hype. Despite how much I personally loved it, DDLC is ultimately still a niche product and it isn't meant for everyone.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 02:39:26 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8