Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28

Author Topic: Gods of Creation III (IC)  (Read 30504 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation III (IC)
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2017, 11:55:30 pm »

"Glorious, absolutely glorious. Oh I haven't seen a war like that for a while! Was a little worried with your gift of weapons to them Tauron, but they practically annihilated themselves with them! Self solving problem I'd say. Colour me impressed though, that prophet of yours has certainly spread that word of his around as a result."

Kyazir splits his war act into an act and minor act, and uses those acts to benefit the Tasatha. First, with the minor act he makes a river reed that, among other things, can be made into parchment easily in order to spur on the development of the Tasatha's writing. Then, using his full act, he gifts the Tasatha knowledge of agriculture to permit them to grow as a species in both number and technology.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2017, 12:55:44 am »

"Monster hunters are to be respected for their feats. Our world bears no beast worthy enough to become a trophy for a being such as you. You will find no glory in this world, Faceslayer, yet."

Typheus praised Calyvaro for his display of swimming skills mastery, and used 2 Minor Acts to create two new species of beasts. He placed them in Pangaea, close to the Duros.

The Rokhorns:
A species of massive horned herbivorous mammals. Extremely violent and territorial, the ivory from their horns becomes of exceptional quality as the individual ages.

The Adamane Lions
A species of lions growing a mane with incredibly strong physical properties. Sturdy and flexible, these manes are rumored to become as strong as steel with age.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2017, 08:32:31 am »

1 Act, to expand the field of improvement across the entirety of the Troon; and a 2nd, of Applied geology, to seed metals and resources throughout the Troon's interior.

Acter came, and he saw what the upside-down trees had done to the Sciro. And so he went to his prophet:
Xikla, I was the one to bring the upside-down trees here, just as I did the Atmostree and the bottle trees. While they do not serve to keep the air in, they are not "unholy" or "abominations", simply different. I need you to help show this to those Sciro that still worship the Atmostree itself. However, let us say this: I decree that the wood of the upside-down tree are to be used as fuel and materials before any other tree. They do not provide food the way that the bottletrees do; they do not give you air the way the Atmostree does; their purpose for you is to be there to have materials to create with.

Also, in matters unrelated to the issue of upside-down trees. I have expanded the improvement field; the entirety of the Troon is safe for all to traverse now. I would have done this sooner, but I did not have enough power to do it right then. In addition, I have given metal to the rest of the Troon, not only to the original piece from which you lived. If you were to begin mining operations, you would likely find it quite profitable now.

Furthermore, regarding Soolien. While full credit of creation of this city belongs to him, its creation was paid for by Rexilium, and permitted by me. The improvement field, as you know, is not his work.

In addition, the Incilatro. They were created by Julius, but many of them do not recognize this yet. I feel that if you told them of him - as well as my role in creating the environment within which they can fly - it would be appreciated.

...I recognize that this is a lot. You're only one person, and you're the only one that I can rely upon for this. Honestly, I am exceptionally grateful for your service.
Now, farewell. I will return to you if there is anything else I believe you should know.

And Acter saw the Ishagi, and though he could not claim them, he saw that Tauron had.
Tauron, if it would not be of trouble to you, is it possible that you may bring some of these people to the Troon? Their knowledge and skill would be a great boon toward the advancement of those that live there, and I suspect that they may appreciate it more than most.

And finally, there was Rycial, who had yet to choose a wielder for its weapon. And so Acter went to it, and spoke.
Rycial, I am dedicated to improving the lives of the mortals, forever. I desire to give them better than they have, to see them become greater than they are and were. Is this not what righteousness is? Is it not the strong working to strengthen the weak? Is it not the powerful working on the behalf of the powerless? I implore you, look upon me, and tell me what unrighteousness you see; tell me, and I will do what is in my power to remove it.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2017, 02:32:39 pm »

I Create a race upon the coasts of Carociber, They will be known as the Klixzinox.
The Klix will be a race with their genetic evolution factor turned up to the max, meaning though the first generation will mostly fit within a single standard mold further generations will be very different based off environment and the experiences of their ancestors.
The first generation of Klix will be created with Rock-like bone armor and the ability to survive for some time under water.

Total spent: Two chaos acts, one water act.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2017, 06:25:43 pm »

"Creatures, mortals, no less, to be put upon Carociber... I do hope they manage to survive, but do not envy their odds. Still, I have no idea why one would put most sorts of animal life onto Carociber."

Julius Splits his one Act into minor acts, and converts an order act into a minor act.. He spends a minor act to create a species of tree-dwelling goats, doing all the things goats do best, such as being good herd animals and producing a variety of useful products, including milk and meat. These particular goats have powerful suction cups on their hooves, to allow them to stick to trees, even to far as standing perfectly upside down to eat a particularly nice section of tree moss. They will live in the jungle. The second normal minor act is a revelation to a forest Incilatro, who will suddenly realize the shocking implications of the fact that seeds germinate when planted, as well as knowing that the seed can be planted by a being. The third, converted act is used to make a clever jungle Incilatro hunter realize how docile the goats are, and they could easily jsut be kept in one place to be killed with ease later. Domestication, if you will.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 07:20:28 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2017, 06:35:22 pm »

I Spend my minor act to make the... thing's speech more understandable to us.

The creature speaks: a lqfupmf ddpfgp jhaq juym pmhavffu a maorh waeq fnpbcy jmqbnpg hsg nacf bjmc hjysfo qfe gosaujfpmh cj gyh jsesrjj ffpps cmj hwf cnfa g wfh isah jc fnca cfan gqeq junsd ffmhv fo fmgdfsq oy qef jsrp a fccmj peffq qdgp efaqm jkfmw ap mcfaqscfh gqhe qegq jc feq srpj sgh fqy hkjfqq vraf fb g dgknf ah feq jswnm shg efyq gmf mjuyp jq jhgsbdb a apnykb ipg qj fo gwsjnfn fyqmh cjmb fmefq a nwna cjmfr by jhw qgke.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2017, 06:49:37 pm »

Ah, it is so clear, that... thing, wants to place upon our world some life Salvaged from a world destroyed by greater being then itself, it offers three VERY powerful acts to us to be given the chance...
Thus I offer a solution to this powerful issue, since acts are rare an' letting it do its thing will take at least four gods, The acts will be divided to the first three gods to endorse its offerings, and the Forth god will get my income for the next two Spans of time.
I will endorse what it wants, since it seems mostly 'armless.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2017, 07:55:15 pm »

"It would be folly to agree to this without knowing precisely what it wants. If it is translated fully I may change my mind about it, but until then I will not support letting it in."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2017, 08:06:07 pm »

Is there any other way someone could gain your vote? perhaps if I was to rule that all things given to us by that thing would be kept from your lands, or perhaps restrained to mine?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2017, 08:08:34 pm »

"It would help convince me, but I would still require the translation before I can even consider it."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2017, 08:32:04 pm »

"The offer seems way too in our favor, I can't help but feel suspicious. Even though, this offer interests me. I will endorse the coming of this foreign life. Of course, we don't know anything about these forms of life and they could greatly disturb the frail balance of the inhabited continents. There is only one land devoid of natural order, which is Carociber. If you don't have a problem with it, I think the life given by the eldritch entity should be placed on your continent, Rexilium."

Support the coming of this more than exotic life. Suggest having them be initially placed on Carociber, whose ecosystem will certainly resist invasive species much more than the other continents.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2017, 08:45:23 pm »

Placing them on Carociber? Hmn. Yes, I think it should work; once we've gotten a chance to see them, we can choose to move them to safer pastures. I approve of this plan.
Similarly to Typheus, I will support the coming of these new lifeforms, given that they start upon Carociber. They will be placed in one of the safe locations, of course, where plantlife still reigns, rather than the meat moss that covers the continent.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2017, 09:11:45 pm »

"Ach, I'll tell ya what I heard from the eldritch being, perhaps then ye will agree with me, we on'y need one more of ye and they get my income of worship for the next two bits of time,
Rexilium caughs, then twists his voice into a crude mockery of the unspeakable voice of Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap
Ahem, Ahaem; this one requests to leave creations to your universe this one brings mortals and other life from beyond this universe seeds saved from a universe destroyed by something far greater then this one this one offers these acts their power different from those of the gods yet potent they will be yours to command this one simply asks for entry for these found creations from there they will find their own paths. Yaghshabbeth thats horrid on the vocal cords, I feel like I'm going to spit up a deepone.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2017, 09:22:46 pm »

I'll see this being is trying to allow hostile and probably horrible creatures onto our planet for the compromise of powerful acts, people aren't understanding that two things, or even both will happen. One the creatures and exotic life this abhorrent monster brings will even be more worst than the Boroi and start murdering the entire populace, secondly when we use magical power with these great actsC their will be great downsides. For example, Acter tries to gift his Sciro knowledge, but with these great acts given by the monster, the Act will give them knowledge, but the not correct kind of knowledge, the kind of knowledge that starts wars and dark arts. In any case, I'll support the plan

Support the coming of the exotic life forms on Carociber, still claiming the exotic life this monster wants to bring, will not be of the pleasant kind.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2017, 09:35:31 pm »

Come now, mate, I wouldn't try to give them Eldritch knowledge. That's terrible ideas waiting to happen. Eldritch Acts are for when you have no clue whatsoever how what you're trying to do might happen in a logical universe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28