Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Wikipedia Wars: Dissolution [Round 1, Turn 3] (Waitlist Open!)  (Read 11611 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Wikipedia Wars: Dissolution [Round 1, Turn 3] (Waitlist Open!)
« on: October 01, 2017, 06:23:27 pm »

This is a Wiki-Wars game. Like the other Wiki-Wars games, the goal is very simple: incapacitate other players to the point where they are unable to continue playing. Obviously, the simplest way to do this is to kill other plays, but methods such as imprisonment or severe non-fatal brain damage also count towards this goal. For every other player you dispose of in this fashion, you get a point. What these points do, and what happens when you acquire enough points, is covered in the mechanics section below.

As can be seen in the other Wiki-Wars threads, the original idea for this game came from TCM, in this thread. Unfortunately, TCM's version died, then Greatness's version died (turns out Greatness's version isn't dead, actually. It's just been a while since the last post), then TCM's second version died. Because I feel that this game is too good of an idea to just fade away, I'm starting my own. I'm going to try to recreate the senseless violence and overall insanity that I loved so much about the original. Not that Person's or Greatness's versions didn't/don't do this, I just wanted to take a stab at it myself.

Each game will have 8 players, with a perpetually cycling waitlist. For all cases, the rule for signing up is first come first serve.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hall of Champions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 10:24:44 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia Wars: Dissolution (0/8, Sign up Now!)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 06:30:33 pm »

I'd like to play.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 06:35:46 pm »

IN!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 06:38:01 pm »

Also IN!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 06:48:04 pm »

IN!
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 06:53:52 pm »

IN!

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia Wars: Dissolution (5/8, Sign up Now!)
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 07:35:52 pm »

IN! I've been hoping to play one of these  :D
Insert witty signature here

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 09:20:28 pm »

My version didn't die, I've just been really bogged down and super busy. I'll try to get a turn out soon. Just a little correction for you.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 10:00:15 pm »

In
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia Wars: Dissolution (7/8, Sign up Now!)
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 10:17:57 pm »

In

Yer in

My version didn't die, I've just been really bogged down and super busy. I'll try to get a turn out soon. Just a little correction for you.

Ah. Sorry bout that, I'll change the OP.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia Wars: Dissolution (7/8, Sign up Now!)
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 10:24:49 pm »

In

Yer in

Alrighty, then. And hell, while I'm here, I'm interested in either joining or waitlisting. Nice to do so since TCM's game hasn't updated and may very well be, well, dead.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia Wars: Dissolution 8/8, Sign up Now!)
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 10:29:12 pm »

In

Yer in

Alrighty, then. And hell, while I'm here, I'm interested in either joining or waitlisting. Nice to do so since TCM's game hasn't updated and may very well be, well, dead.

Mmkay. I'll slap you on the player list.

So, that's 8 people! I'll write up the first turn soonish. Probably tomorrow, but no guarantees.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia Wars: Dissolution (8/8, Sign up Now!)
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2017, 06:46:16 am »

PTW for now.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia Wars: Dissolution (8/8, Sign up Now!)
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 08:23:32 am »

In to waitlist.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7