Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky  (Read 38477 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: the cloaked and the daggered
« Reply #180 on: October 31, 2017, 06:33:43 am »

Remove the important bits from my dead friend's armor and store it in Aigresaur.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 31, 2017, 07:48:14 pm »

Roar!!!

Open fire. Let them feel our vindication. Unload hot sticky plasma on said natives, ideally doing the least possible damage to nearby friendlies.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2017, 08:25:13 pm »

Roar!!!

Open fire. Let them feel our vindication. Unload hot sticky plasma on said natives, ideally doing the least possible damage to nearby friendlies.

Humph. I told you bro, you can't minimize collateral damage with that weapon.
[5] Next turn, five foot soldiers die to Aigre's weapon. This event cannot be changed in any way.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 31, 2017, 08:41:51 pm »

Not even by my attempt to summon a gigantic steel soulbound shield?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 01, 2017, 02:17:35 am »

Dustan, I'm very upset that you mercy-killed my character. Sure, the GM had officially declared him dead beforehand, but I've gotten out of worse situations than that.

You weren't getting out of that one, I'll tell you that. Death is death is death.
Not always...

I mean, if you didn't want me to try to come back to "life", why'd you put me in a brain-dead state instead of just flat-out killing me?

Wait a minute... If my body was spirit-less, then that means that my spirit must have went somewhere, right?

Haunt the !@#$ out of Dustan as a ghost. Help him channel the forces of magic and stuff (maybe I can form a gestalt consciousness with/possess his spirit animal?).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:19:14 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 01, 2017, 07:33:15 am »

((...Because the action you took would only result in a brain-dead vegetable, rather than a corpse, due to how magic works behind the scenes?  Only guessing, but that seems to fit with Egan's repeated assertion that your char is dead dead, and not merely mostly dead.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 01, 2017, 07:41:43 am »

I think I've only seen one person receive a positive result from those multi-rolls.
curious.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 01, 2017, 08:52:36 am »

That's what happens when someone makes a character specialized to do one thing and then just does that one thing a bunch.
Also i like rogues.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 01, 2017, 08:54:06 am »

Haunt the !@#$ out of Dustan as a ghost. Help him channel the forces of magic and stuff (maybe I can form a gestalt consciousness with/possess his spirit animal?).
Sir I demand you not do that, especially since I am currently in combat. Additionally I am a weaponmaster, making most of my magic into passive physical enhancement. There would be nothing to channel.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 01, 2017, 10:16:47 pm »

Sir I demand you not do that, especially since I am currently in combat. Additionally I am a weaponmaster, making most of my magic into passive physical enhancement. There would be nothing to channel.
Hm...

Instead of my previous action, haunt the corpse of the guy that I killed, raising it as a zombie. We have a magical connection to each other, right?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 01, 2017, 10:25:15 pm »

I've already written the result of your first action, so lucky you, you get both.
SPOILERS NEITHER OF THOSE THINGS WORK BECAUSE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Power and Pulse: Friendly Fire in 1001 Languages
« Reply #191 on: November 02, 2017, 12:15:03 am »

Okay, time to do some good old initiative rolls. Dice, where are you...
X4-18: [2]
Ferrus: [3 5] (was expecting combat, being the one who started it)
Aigresaur: [1]

Rico: [3 2] (Not a main character means less cameratime means slower reactions so that the real characters can shoot you first)
Razan: [4 2] (Ditto)

Donnel: [3 6] (Quick-Witted!)
Tanya: [3]
Thomas: [2]

Zrand: [1]
Heleran: [3]

Tell Florence to return and then launch a missile at the weapon master, Have Nightengale strafe the weapon master as well.

You tell Florence to come but she doesn't move. You hope you'll be able to put her back together.

[Missiling: 3]
[Heleran's Evasion: 6]
A missile flies in from the woods, heading directly for the chief. She throws a dagger directly into it, splitting the missile directly down the middle. At which point it splits like an asparagus and becomes five missiles.
"Wha-"
[Heleran's Resilience: 4]
The Chief is thrown back by multiple explosions, landing in the mud with a wet thunk. She's taken several wounds to shrapnel, but is still moving through sheer force of will. Mana visibly swirls around her wounds, keeping her alive at least for the moment.

Nightingale detaches from Ferrus's mech, and hovers toward the battle.
NIGHTINGALE
FUEL REMAINING: 3

"Son of a-"
shields up! summon the biggest buckler I can in-between our group and those Mechs, then get the chief to safety and start treating her wound.

Technically you can only summon your weapon in it's exact form with no modifications. But in this case you can make up for it in volume.
[Weaponmastery: 4]
Donnel runs in front of the Chief and throws out a wall of mana which solidifies into a wall of overlapping steel bucklers, which stay floating in place. He moves to pick up the Chief and move her back to the village, but she resists him, still intent on fighting. Donnel settles for quickly wrapping some bandages around her wounds instead.

"fuck."
eliminate the targets of opportunity, but before my mana runs out and my buffs fade and I become visible again I want to take full cover so I can stay hidden during my vulnerable period.

Target deck:
1) Officer
2) Sharpshooters
3) drones
4) Grunts
5) Medic
6) Armored Targets (do not engage these unless I can see a vulnerability)

Well, looks like you're in luck, because here's one flat-footed Officer.
[Shooting: 1]
You line up your sights just right, brace for recoil, and pull the trigger.
And nothing happens.
"fuck."
Apparently you forgot to load it. You grab a magazine and load the weapon properly, but already feel your mana waning.
[Cover: 2]
You start looking for a place to hide but suddenly find yourself visible and not able to trivially leap between branches. One of the soldiers shouts as he sees you.

Meanwhile, the chief stands up and takes cover behind the handy wall of shields.

"This is defense."

Attack, say, whoever's firing the most bullets.
Whoops, I thought I had posted an action already.

Spin up the miniguns and open fire on the natives.

Oh look, this lined up perfectly.
[X4-18's Attack: 1]
[Thomas's Attack: 4]
X4's massive mech spins up its massive guns at around the same time as everyone else starts shooting. With a deafening roar, it tears through vegetation, trees, and [4] friendly mooks, leaving all the actual enemies unharmed.
Thomas, meanwhile, rushes forward towards the machine. "Attack" is, uh, a pretty vague term, so. Thomas swings his strange, bendy, bladed weapon into the titan, making several deep gashes in the armor of its legs.
(Loading screen tip: Titans are tough. You may want to specify exactly what you want to dismantle lest you just end up whacking the armor forever.)

Over the radio to all of my teammates: "Flash out! Then smoke to cover us!"

Throw flashbang as close to the largest concentration of enemies as I can. Be sure to avert eyes when necessary. Then throw a smoke nade to try and conceal our side from as many enemy combatants as possible. The mechs have additional vision modes so they shouldn't be impaired. Riiiiight?

[Flash!: 1]
Rico pulls out a flashbang grenade, pulls the pin, and fumbles the grenade, before freezing in place, not knowing what to do.
The flashbang goes off, blinding and deafening Rico, possibly permanently. Not that it's going to matter.

Remove the important bits from my dead friend's armor and store it in Aigresaur.

You start looking at Malcolm's armor, but then a bunch of bullets fly through and shred you. You have died.

Roar!!!

Zrand is standing out in the open. Slow. Too slow to understand the situation. There's a roar and he turns around, just in time to see white hot plasma flow from the barrel of Aigresaur's cannon, with an accompanying THOOOOOOOOM that's not heard, but felt. A sound that's orders of magnitude louder than any of the very loud sounds that have already rung across the battlefield.
The eyesearing mass of fire expands, instantly vaporizing Zrand, Rico, the two sharpshooters, and two other soldiers.

The little shieldwall that Donnel put up proves no resistance.
[Donnel's Evasion: 5]
[Heleran's Evasion: 2]
[Heleran's Resilience - already injured. also PLASMA: 5 4]
Donnel evades the cloud of plasma easily, basically just appearing in a different place. The chief isn't as fast, taking some serious burns and rolling off into the undergrowth, now unconscious.

Donnel, Tanya, Nightingale, the single surviving soldier, and all the cameras on X4 and Aigresaur's titans are blinded by the close range burst of plasma. Thomas is already blind, and so gets a pretty big advantage here.

Narcissus: Admire self in mirror.  Polish scythegun.
[Admiration: 1 1 2]
You stare into the mirror, your mind elsewhere. Mainly, this new assignment. You're supposed to head out in a few hours...
Wait, was it at 21:00 or 12:00? Shit. Captain Zrand is gonna be so pissed you didn't show up.

Wait a minute... If my body was spirit-less, then that means that my spirit must have went somewhere, right?

You are unable to haunt anything on account of being dead. Only alive things can do haunting, because dead things don't do much but rot. Or in the case of spirits, simply not exist.

Hm...

Instead of my previous action, haunt the corpse of the guy that I killed, raising it as a zombie. We have a magical connection to each other, right?

The magical connection explicitly went down right after you casted the spell. Any appearance of a connection was simply because you were both the same person mentally. You are unable to possess anything on account of being dead.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 12:22:44 am by Egan_BW »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Friendly Fire in 1001 Languages
« Reply #192 on: November 02, 2017, 12:20:29 am »

Erm, I already was in concealment and never left it. taking cover shouldn't have taken any effort, I basically am just putting keeping my head down.
never mind, just read further down where nobody can see anyone anyway.

keep calm, stay still and hidden, wait for mana, keep my eyes closed to let them begin to recover - I'm probably going to be light-sensitive when I finally open them, and won't be able to aim anyway, so I won't bother messing with my weapon, just putting it away (It has a sling, I'm just putting the sling on. nothing fancy.) by feel and preparing to retreat once I get my mana back.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 12:32:57 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 02, 2017, 12:22:57 am »

We don't need no sight to win this battle!

"NONE WHO FALL FOR THE EMPRAH DIE IN VAIN" - Just yell that at the enemy through the loudspeakers to honor the sacrifice of our brave soldiers.

CHARGE WITH THE AIGRESAUR CLOSE COMBAT WEAPONS!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 12:26:20 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 02, 2017, 12:28:10 am »

Ferrus, sighing at the blinding of his drones, Moves out of the underbrush to survey the land. If he sees anyone moving who's not a friendly solider then he's launching a missile.

Aigresaur, for the love of God, don't use your spine gun when everyones looking right at you.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 12:43:02 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22