Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 229890 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1635 on: July 30, 2018, 05:17:26 pm »

Extracting dietary patterns using machine learning.
But machines don't eat! What have they been teaching you?!

Sad and feeling rejected for reasons he couldn't quite place, Abu tried to distract himself. Hey, that sign looked fairly important.

Steal sign, then onward to the village.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
You walk over and rip the sign out of the ground, setting it on your shoulder before walking towards the village.

Roncal Roth Map Legend

This is no more a PvP game than Einsteinian Roulette, all player-on-player deaths have been accidental.  Anyway, let's follow the magical femur brick road.  Make sure not to stray off the path, I guess.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

You both walk over to the village. The village is only a few structures big, maybe a dozen little homes made from bones. They're rather macabre in material but their actual designs are quite simple and even a bit cute, with steep roofs, many small windows and rounded doors. All the little homes are gathered along the road, which ends just beyond them.  As you walk into the village you notice a skeleton sitting on top of one of the homes, kicking his legs and rocking back and forth as though to unheard music.  He notices you at the same time and waves.  He looks like a normal human skeleton, normal size, normal shape, totally normal except for the fact that he's a moving skeleton. You hear what sounds xylophone music and several more skeletons peek their heads out through doors and windows, scanning eye sockets around until they're aimed in your direction.  Their teeth chatter.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1636 on: July 30, 2018, 06:10:43 pm »

Move up to the outside of the 3x2 room to the left of the lobby. peek through any windows I find. I am taking note both of the apparent strength of the window structures, and of the general situation inside - activity, state of repair, dust, lighting conditions, amount of clutter, life forms, the appearance of magic ...

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
You walk over to the nearest window left of the main entrance and shove the drape covering it to the side. You can see a small room inside; an office by the look of it. Wood paneled walls, mahogany desk, large chairs, shelf of books along one wall. Must have been for a high ranking member of the bank staff. Its unlit and clearly very dusty but seems to be in a good condition, as though it was abandoned a long while ago but never messed with. The door out of the room is closed.

Open the second door from the side in case of traps.  If it doesn't blow up, move into the next room, into the southwest corner of the next room.  Keep my shotgun out, looking for anyone visible.  Have the tiger come with me.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Continue following the Boss closely and protecting him.

Spoiler: Silver Knight Isaac (click to show/hide)
Peek into the northern 3x3 room and check to see if it's occupied.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
All three of you press forward into the next room. Its much larger than the room before and filled with desks running in rows down the length of the room. The ceiling above is the inside of the bronze dome and is inscribed with intricate scenes from the Unspoken Word, the major religion around here. Its faceless angels draped in flowing cloth visit judgement upon the faithless and bounty on the faithful. A common scene. Its difficult to see because of how dark it is; the only light is from outside and even then its very dull; just what can make it past the drape.

The walls are painted a dark green with equally dark red pillars embedded half in the wall and half out of it. The place is dead quiet and very dusty, each step bringing up plumes of fine gray dust that hangs in the air, swirling very slowly, standing out in sharp contrast in the few sunrays that can filter in past the drape.  It smells of dust and cold and mortar and wood. There are three exits, not counting the door you came in through. Iron Brian saunters over to the one on the far side, a brass thing with decorative, deep square divots down its length. It has a recessed half moon that seems to function as the handle, but when he pulls on it, nothing happens.

https://i.imgur.com/a8iPVw4.png

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: July 30, 2018, 09:31:03 pm »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Wave to the skeletons, and greet them in a friendly tone.  Announce that we're here in search of magic, or perhaps information about what's going on deeper inside the Unreal.  Have any skeletons seen a giant metal worm tunneling around nearby?

Be friendly, but stay cautious.  Don't let the skeletons touch any of us, and make sure everyone's still roped together.  Also, run fingers along one of the home's walls.  Maybe it'll give words or something.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: July 30, 2018, 10:06:35 pm »

(Resident Evil style puzzle level?  Might be counting stuff too quickly..)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: July 31, 2018, 07:13:32 am »

Catch up to the others. I think that will use up my new and improved movement stat.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: July 31, 2018, 10:56:00 am »

Go shake hands with one of the skellies and say hello. Or clatter my teeth if they can't talk I suppose?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: July 31, 2018, 03:09:19 pm »

Open the drapes to introduce more light in here, and examine the other two doors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice
« Reply #1642 on: July 31, 2018, 11:11:29 pm »

"Ugh! I'm bored! When do we get to kill things!?"

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: July 31, 2018, 11:56:13 pm »

Try shooting the door that won't open. Maybe I can force it to open.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1644 on: August 01, 2018, 04:00:37 pm »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Wave to the skeletons, and greet them in a friendly tone.  Announce that we're here in search of magic, or perhaps information about what's going on deeper inside the Unreal.  Have any skeletons seen a giant metal worm tunneling around nearby?

Be friendly, but stay cautious.  Don't let the skeletons touch any of us, and make sure everyone's still roped together.  Also, run fingers along one of the home's walls.  Maybe it'll give words or something.

You wave at the skeletons. They all wave back. In unison.  The ones in their homes start wandering out to greet you and the one on the roof jumps down. He hits the ground and scatters into pieces before reforming a moment later. You greet them and they nod, apparently mute. You tell them your intention and they offer you a few things. One grabs a bone from the road and instructs you, via miming, to snap it.  Another gestures at her head and makes a chopping motion. The third points to the woods and mimes combat.  As to whats going on deeper in the unreal and about a metal worm, they shrug.

You touch a building but find it sadly unmagical.

Go shake hands with one of the skellies and say hello. Or clatter my teeth if they can't talk I suppose?

You shake hands with a skeleton and immediately gain the magic for "Bone".  You chatter your teeth at them and they chatter back. You think they do it happily but its hard to say.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: August 01, 2018, 04:41:06 pm »

"What's that boneboy? Timmy fell down the well? I'll save you Timmy!"

Head off to the forest to go rescue Timmy have us a combat.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1646 on: August 01, 2018, 05:19:19 pm »

Catch up to the others. I think that will use up my new and improved movement stat.

You run...ahem..."run" into the room.  As soon as you enter it the front door slams shut with astounding force and finality, like a headsman's blade falling.

"uhhhhh..."

Open the drapes to introduce more light in here, and examine the other two doors.

The drapes are, oddly, outside the building. They were hung over the windows, apparently to protect them? In any case they're outside your reach now. With time your eyes are adjusting so while its still dim, it isn't pitch black in here.  You walk both left and right, examining the doors one at a time. Unlike the rather plain center door, these doors are engraved much like the ceiling with religious imagery. The one on the Left shows a male figure, massively muscled and covered in tattoos, with all manner of armor and arcane weapons hanging from him. He is huge, lantern jawed, and the prototypical vision of a hero. Behind him is an old man, hands clenched, his head hidden in a robe. Riches are flowing from the sleeves and from under the robe, as though he's carrying so much he can't contain it. Below it, an unfurling banner with the word "HASTE".

The other door holds the image of a young girl, early teens. She's wearing quite a strange outfit: an oddly short skirt, flowing hair and ribbons, some sort of exaggerated mix of childishness. There are armed men behind her, with crossbows, and a halo of disembodied organs floats around her head and shoulders. She is sitting on the ground, a sword laying across her legs, just above the knee. She is laying her hands upon an injured man who is lying in front of her. Light leaps from the place she touches. Under it is a banner with the phrase "SERENITY".

Both are mythic figures in the religion, though you don't know enough about the religion to know much about them. You've seen them on similar tableaus, but thats it.

Try shooting the door that won't open. Maybe I can force it to open.

You fire your bow at the door. The arrow doesn't pierce. It doesn't deflect. It doesn't deform and stop. It simply stops dead the moment it touches the door and drops to the ground. Yikes.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: August 02, 2018, 08:08:10 am »

The concept that we may be stuck in a haunted bank with unmovable doors is rather worrisome.

Iron Brian will grab one of the desks and smash against the wall, to see if the furniture also has force cancelling capabilities.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: August 02, 2018, 08:36:28 am »

Shoot the windows.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: August 02, 2018, 09:09:19 am »

Reflect on teh meanings of the religious imagery on the two doors. The Door on the left leads to the room I checked from the outside, correct? Correlate what I learned from outside with the imagery on that door, as well.

Also, avoid the chaos being attempted by my more energetic teammates

[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 114