Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 229993 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1515 on: June 05, 2018, 10:33:00 pm »

"Rude."

Place a shot at the base of the tree that hit me.
Assuming that Abu appears again, pick a direction that doesn't lead to a giant mouth or a flooded place and go that way. Corven taking point.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: June 06, 2018, 09:46:33 am »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Corven marches directly over to his daughter while pulling rope out from his pack, then without saying a word ties the two of them together at the waists.  Then he turns back and looks around for Abu.  If there's no trace of him, just wait for a bit, but if there's footsteps or something, follow them.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: June 06, 2018, 05:21:57 pm »

"I did not think this plan through enough."

New plan. Wait for Issac to try his spell. If it doesn't work, enchant the cube with {wood}, trying to turn it into wood.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: June 06, 2018, 05:38:02 pm »

Corven marches directly over to his daughter while pulling rope out from his pack, then without saying a word ties the two of them together at the waists.

"Hey! Stop that, dad!"

Raven is considerably stronger than Corven. Just saying.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: June 06, 2018, 10:31:26 pm »

"You're smarter than that, Raven.  Abu disappeared somewhere, and he knows not to wander that far off, we need to keep physical tethers between us."

If Raven resists via strength, Corven will use Mind to try and convince her to see reason with a intelligence roll.  Which she also has advantage in, due to being smarter and a rebellious teen...

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1520 on: June 08, 2018, 09:35:42 am »

"You're smarter than that, Raven.  Abu disappeared somewhere, and he knows not to wander that far off, we need to keep physical tethers between us."

If Raven resists via strength, Corven will use Mind to try and convince her to see reason with a intelligence roll.  Which she also has advantage in, due to being smarter and a rebellious teen...
Corven marches directly over to his daughter while pulling rope out from his pack, then without saying a word ties the two of them together at the waists.

"Hey! Stop that, dad!"

Raven is considerably stronger than Corven. Just saying.
Roncal Roth Map Legend

Corven marches directly over to his daughter while pulling rope out from his pack, then without saying a word ties the two of them together at the waists.  Then he turns back and looks around for Abu.  If there's no trace of him, just wait for a bit, but if there's footsteps or something, follow them.

[5 v who cares]
[7v2]
Corven first attempts to put the rope onto his daughter by force, but because he is a tiny baby of a man, this attempt is easily repulsed.  He attempts to talk her into it afterwards, explaining the benefits of tying themselves together, including not getting lost and always being there to help one another in a time of crisis. Raven thinks about this for a moment and then accepts the rope.

"Rude."

Place a shot at the base of the tree that hit me.
Assuming that Abu appears again, pick a direction that doesn't lead to a giant mouth or a flooded place and go that way. Corven taking point.

[5v2]
You shoot the tree. It bleeds from the hole in a slow, burbling fashion but if you actually did real damage to it, its not obvious.

You attempt to walk away but can't, as you are tied to your father and he is just waiting for Abu.

"Abdul, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore."

Try to swim back to where I came from. Maybe diagonally forward-right ?

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
You back pedal...well back paddle, and suddenly find yourself back in flesh world. You're maybe 40 feet from Corven and Raven.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: June 08, 2018, 09:49:19 am »

"You guys should totally try taking a dive into that section of meatworld. Bring a swimsuit."

Take a look at that mouth. Does it look like it'll start scatting soon?

"Hey wait a minute, I disappear for one minute and you guys start shooting things without me? No fair!."

Start shooting things! Maybe a couple rounds at a lungtree. Maybe try to saw one off by shooting the stem to smithereens (assuming the stem isn't very thick).

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1522 on: June 08, 2018, 10:40:09 am »

Carefully jump on top of the Iron Iron block and enchant it with [Darkness] too.

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
[3v3]
You leap down, narrowly avoiding breaking your legs as well. You kneel on the center of the cube and attempt to enchant as much of it as you can with Darkness.
[1]
You push magic into the cube but it rebounds and knocks you over backwards and onto your butt in a spray of black sparks.

"I did not think this plan through enough."

New plan. Wait for Issac to try his spell. If it doesn't work, enchant the cube with {wood}, trying to turn it into wood.

[2][7]
You slap both hands on the top of the cube and push your own magic into it. The iron turns a dark brown and morphs from hard metal into what appears to be a giant square section of tree trunk, complete with square "rings" on the top. Your magic only effects the top 2/3rds or so of the block, but its better than nothing.

Wait one more turn for the guys to free me, or the iron block to wear off.  If Thag isn't freed or almost freed by the end of the turn, use Canine to reshape the iron block to provide more freedom and possibly a way out... like shape it into a huge iron canine above me, with Thag between it's legs.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

[6][4]
You Wait patiently for something to happen. Something DOES happen; the iron turns to wood. Which...yes it is less hard than iron, so points for effort, but it doesn't really help the situation. So you touch the wood above you with the top of your head and push magic into it. The Wood flows around you like a thick liquid, reforming into the shape of a standing wolf. This effects entire wooden part of the structure, uncovering you -and everyone else in the structure- from the knees up. You're still stuck with your legs in iron, but at least you can breathe. 

Hmm. Know what? Fuck it. Head downstairs, the less leg breaky way - by using the stairs. How tall is the iron Thagbox?

"Hey, Joseph. I'm not prepared to finish this mission with just the two of us at the moment. I have an idea. Let's regroup downstairs, eh? We'll come back up in a bit. Hey, maybe the boss in this place will run away while we're busy, and we can take over without a fight, hmm? nah, I doubt it.

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

Well...now its about a foot and a half tall, with a giant ornamental wooden wolf on it. Also...I'm not sure if you still want to do this so...let me know. You wouldn't even reach the stairs in one move so its pretty moot; we'll put you where you wanna be next turn.

A few of the enemies in the block are near enough to people to take this importunity to attack after being un...ironed.

[1v3,2]
Thag gets hacked in the shoulder with a machete. the armor blocks a bit of it, but the blade cuts through the rings and into his flesh.

[2v1]
Brian manages to roll out of the way of a crowbar.

[3v4]
Isaac gets stabbed right in the the shin. Its not a bad wound but it hurts a surprising amount.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1523 on: June 08, 2018, 06:33:15 pm »

Move away, plant my gratbow and fire to the guy who stabbed me.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: June 08, 2018, 06:45:26 pm »

Crawl towards Thag and enchant the iron at his feet with {feline}, reshaping the iron away in the shape of kitty cats.

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1525 on: June 09, 2018, 12:30:34 am »

No, I guess I don't want to go down the stairs.instead, do the plan I had before: 1N, 1NE, 1SE, 1E. have lizzy either a) kill the gangster still marked on the map just north east of my starting position, or if that guy is already dead (I believe Iron Brian killed a guy there once already (I also believe we killed the guy I was entangled with twice)) b) smash through the wall below my endpoint.

Auto Joseph to tag along with me and help make doors in walls. I'm assuming control of him until Empiricist comes back or mission ends (or the other team objects).

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: June 09, 2018, 12:34:23 am »

Raven waves at Abu.
"Oh good, you're not dead. I'm so very glad that you haven't gone and gotten yourself killed painfully by your wandering. This way you can perform your great duty to capitalism or whatever in peace. I am definitely very very happy about this turn of events."

Onwards. Whatever that means. It means southeast-ish. No walking into any obvious hazards.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: June 09, 2018, 02:18:55 am »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Tie another rope to Abu, and then take point, leading Raven in whichever direction she wants.  Stop before getting close to anything potentially animate, and hold her back from foolish poking.  Or, like, stand impotently in front of her, since Corven can't really hold anyone back.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: June 10, 2018, 10:21:18 am »

Go slash that guy next to me.

"Shapes, guys, shapes.  Not materials."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1529 on: June 11, 2018, 09:17:27 am »

Go slash that guy next to me.

"Shapes, guys, shapes.  Not materials."

[8v5]
You casually draw your saber and jam it into your attacker's throat before whipping it upward and bisecting most of the front of their head.

"Seriously guys, was it really so hard? I'm not even a very good wizard."

Crawl towards Thag and enchant the iron at his feet with {feline}, reshaping the iron away in the shape of kitty cats.

[1,5]
Your magic is terrible; so weak that it can barely force the iron to change shape. Luckily your visualization is better so while you only change a small section of the iron, you do manage to change the area around Thag's feet into a perfectly sculpted cat, freeing him.

Move away, plant my gratbow and fire to the guy who stabbed me.

"Oh you are going to get it!" You say, hobbling a few feet away and setting up the great bow for a point blank shot at the man still embedded in the iron.
[8v1]
You nock an arrow, pull back on the bow with all your strength, and then fire at the bastard who stabbed you. You hit him clean in the head and remove his face from existence, taking his head clean off.

No, I guess I don't want to go down the stairs.instead, do the plan I had before: 1N, 1NE, 1SE, 1E. have lizzy either a) kill the gangster still marked on the map just north east of my starting position, or if that guy is already dead (I believe Iron Brian killed a guy there once already (I also believe we killed the guy I was entangled with twice)) b) smash through the wall below my endpoint.

Auto Joseph to tag along with me and help make doors in walls. I'm assuming control of him until Empiricist comes back or mission ends (or the other team objects).

The guy you walk past was indeed beaten the hell up by Brian but he's not quite dead; just unconscious. Still, doesn't look like he'll be waking up any time soon, if ever.  So you focus on the wall.
[4v7]
You give it a good old fashioned superman punch but it doesn't budge.  So you get lizzy to try.
[6v3]
Lizzy throws herself at the wall and claws  her way through in a spray of plaster and rotten wood. After a few moments she slithers back out and hisses at you in an affirmative way.

Another man is in range to take a swipe at Thag, so he does. [7v1] Thag sees the blade coming, catches it with one hand and proceeds to embed it in his attacker's skull with a grunt of annoyance.

https://imgur.com/a/9dxlAbt

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 114