Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230063 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1425 on: May 01, 2018, 01:51:31 pm »

Oooooo-kay, then. MARINES! WE! ARE! LEAVING!

Activate my left arm mark, while waving the arm to hopefully impart momentum on the clockworks crows so they'll appear already wound up. Cast [AffectUser Darkness] and leave to the west, keeping smoke and fire between me and the enemy.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
[8]
You cast darkness on yourself. Now, luckily you got a high pot score so you don't shove darkness straight into your eyes and ruin your ability to flee. However, you being a big human shaped glob of shadow is not...particularly good for hiding or blending in.

You activate your tattoo and the swirling birds leap off your flesh and into the air. They're lifeless, mechanical things but there are a lot of them and they fill the sky with flapping metallic wings. They spiral up like a metal tornado before flying out in all directions.

It would seem that we're retreating making a retrograde advance. Follow my team in bravely charging towards safety.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You turn from the pile of melting rocks and make a bee-line for the edge of the map.

Roncal Roth Map Legend

"We can't win this!  Retreat to the training grounds!"

Yeah, we're leaving.  Call out to the slaves and tell them to retreat to the "training grounds", which they should realize means the Dreamer Gate.  As for Corven... he's just gonna run West for now, off the map.  Maybe he'll cast a spell if the mage breaker turns out to be better at prusuit than I'm expecting.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8IkbCeZ9to

Sadly from your current location the only shot you have is on the Mage Breaker. And the only cover, aside from a rapidly melting pile of stone, is a nearby building. And by nearby I mean 'Barely in double move range'.
So I'm gonna stick you in cover. If this is the wrong choice, we can retcon it.

Apparently we're bugging out after all like the wussies we are, so maybe just put Abu back to where he was last turn? Take a shot at the mage breaker (aim at the ground next to his shield if possible) if you want to, or just skip that turn (now watch the luck roll around and the breaker be vaporized).

For this turn, cast Many Steel Wall, the idea being to just pile on a bunch of high walls in between us and the big bad magedude. then start moving away, out of sight of the enemy.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

[6]
Abu places his hands on the ground and pushes magic into the earth before turning tail with everyone else. A good half dozen 8 foot steel walls sprout from the ground between him and the mage breaker, obscuring his and the group's retreat.

Ok, so no one had enough movement to make it out this turn but because it would take a turn at least for the Mage breaker to try and clear a way to see you, I'm gonna call this a successful escape.

6 slaves manage to make it out with you; the one that survived the drop of the tower is nowhere to be seen.

So, before I give new words, where is the new HQ gonna be?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: May 01, 2018, 02:04:24 pm »

"We're about done with this floor, yes? That means ... oh god ... stairs. I'm dying here. Seriously dying. And not just from the hole in my stomach."
Recall Lizzy. Have her drag me to the stairs. Wherever they are. Since all teh villains were up north, let's just have her drag me up north. I'll walk to meet her.

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1427 on: May 01, 2018, 02:14:02 pm »

Move 3 spaces north, kick the door on the left open and fire my last distortion orb to whoever is inside.

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 09:07:28 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: May 01, 2018, 02:19:33 pm »

Some Discord details:

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: May 01, 2018, 03:08:14 pm »

((Thank you, Radio.  Looks like the method to beat this guy is indeed to just double down on our schtick of shooting things.  Despite Piecewise saying that's a bad method for him.))

New HQ is the Dreamer gate.   Acid pits are so much better, but are indefensible.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: May 02, 2018, 02:10:29 pm »

I take it we don't level up for that?

Ask my two puppet penpalls what they think of our inglorious retreat and that Wizard Fracturer.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 02:15:37 pm by Radio Controlled »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: May 08, 2018, 05:44:01 am »

Follow Geiger.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: May 08, 2018, 02:37:56 pm »

Head over to where Thag is. He probably knows where to next.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1433 on: May 10, 2018, 09:13:27 am »

((Thank you, Radio.  Looks like the method to beat this guy is indeed to just double down on our schtick of shooting things.  Despite Piecewise saying that's a bad method for him.))

New HQ is the Dreamer gate.   Acid pits are so much better, but are indefensible.
(There are better methods)

You're gonna have to talk the dreamers into letting you use the gate as an HQ. Remember you don't control it so much as you have an agreement to share it. Moving in might be seen as overstepping those boundaries.

I take it we don't level up for that?

Ask my two puppet penpalls what they think of our inglorious retreat and that Wizard Fracturer.

I'm gonna say no to that.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1434 on: May 10, 2018, 09:37:07 am »

"We're about done with this floor, yes? That means ... oh god ... stairs. I'm dying here. Seriously dying. And not just from the hole in my stomach."
Recall Lizzy. Have her drag me to the stairs. Wherever they are. Since all teh villains were up north, let's just have her drag me up north. I'll walk to meet her.

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

Follow Geiger.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Head over to where Thag is. He probably knows where to next.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)

So thag hasn't posted but there are no enemies left on this floor (Spoiler) so rather than have everyone slowly meander over, I'm gonna stick you all near Thag.

Move 3 spaces north, kick the door on the left open and fire my last distortion orb to whoever is inside.

It's just got some more civies in it so I'm counting it as a successful open, use of orb and then moving you up to the rest of the people.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: May 10, 2018, 09:57:42 am »

Since there are no more enemies on this floor, why don't you go ahead and auto-drag us all to the stairs on this level? No sense wasting turns hunting the inanimate, immobile object in uncontested territory.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: May 10, 2018, 11:25:37 am »

Check the two guys here for shotgun ammo.  Then proceed into that north room ready to kick ass and take names.  If it's empty rush the stairs up.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: May 10, 2018, 11:58:09 am »

I'm gonna say no to that.

Then I'll just try again!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1438 on: May 10, 2018, 12:07:15 pm »

Since there are no more enemies on this floor, why don't you go ahead and auto-drag us all to the stairs on this level? No sense wasting turns hunting the inanimate, immobile object in uncontested territory.
I already did~

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1439 on: May 11, 2018, 06:41:14 am »

Move 1 space left, plant greatbow and prepare to ambush.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 114