Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230481 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #810 on: December 16, 2017, 09:51:43 am »

Not-bleeding-out FTW! (Vitality to d4)
Also, PW, remind me, do summoned items desummon between missions?

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)
Yes, summoned items desummon between missions. Unless you use the "Permanent" word.

((Crap, sorry PW! I somehow missed the fact that my turn was processed even though I check this literally every single time I get a notif.))

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

+2 to potency!

Spoiler: @Cosa Nostra Fellas (click to show/hide)

((is it possible to +2 a d10? or is that the hard max?))
Upgraded!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 16, 2017, 10:34:20 am »

"Good man, Abu. Fuck him up."

Make sure I'm clear of the backblast of Abu's recoilless rifle, if there is any. Then shoot whatever enemy I have line of sight on with my rifle.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #812 on: December 16, 2017, 11:37:22 am »

"You're standing over acid, moron."

Move up to the edge of the catwalk and enchant it with [Cloud] to make it lose structural integrity.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
[2][5]  You scamper over the pile of corpses and grab the edge of the catwalk. You push magic into the metal and 10 or so feet of it sort of evaporates into a silvery mist that flows out across the ground like morning fog. The catwalk creaks with the loss of one support and lists to one side, partially sinking into the acidic muck.  The other side, still supported on 3 points, remains standing.

Roncal-thol Rotheleaod

You have guts. Which means, you're soon going to miss them.

Enchant the acid goo mass on me with [Cloud] (the material), then if successful leave the formerly goo mist heading north/behind the newly raised wall.

If the enchantment attempt fails to address the issue, the backup plan is to immediately try to scrape it off using bandage cloth from the medkit and my backup knife's dull edge as improvised spatula/scraper.

((@Piecewise Who's the other guy staying on the top level (the one to the south)? Or is he one of the fleeing workers, unfortunate to be slow?

Also, I'm fine with (almost)regular (semi)official pace of updates and no waiting, but I'll defer to our gang leader's judgement on this matter.))
[3][8]
You push magic into the goo through your face and the goo transmogrifies into a greenish haze. You roll back and out of it before leaping over the low cover that Abu has just summoned and hunkering down behind it.

I have a question for you guys: I usually try to do posts for this every other day, every day if everyone shows up. But I'm noticing that people are kinda posting erratically sometimes.
Should I do a turn if one or two of your members are missing?

((Yes please. Less waiting, more magical dominating!))

"Abu, it seems we're going to have make an example here. How about we shoot chuckles the snot thrower there with the recoilles rifle? Make a bit of a mess and all that?"

"I thought you'd never ask, sarge."

See that dude? Thinks he's a badass? Fuck him up. Fuck him up with heavy ordnance.

Shoot recoilless rifle at him and any other hostile smuck that dares come in my sight.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
[5v3][5]
You pull out the recoilless rifle and prop it on the wall. You take just long enough to line the cross hairs up over the man before squeezing the trigger.  The round Its hard to say what happens, there's rather a large blast involved and a section of the catwalk collapses. Regardless, when the smoke clears, there's no man there anymore.

"Good man, Abu. Fuck him up."

Make sure I'm clear of the backblast of Abu's recoilless rifle, if there is any. Then shoot whatever enemy I have line of sight on with my rifle.

So long as "Enemy" is described as "Person who want to kill you and is trying to at the moment" there seem to be none around right now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #813 on: December 16, 2017, 12:43:09 pm »

Fire my gun at the nearest goatman. that will leave me with one bullet.

Spoiler: Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
[2v9]
You take a shot at the nearest goatman but get nowhere close. Seriously. You probably would have done better with your eyes closed.

Shadow Alliance

Jump away from the goat creature and activate my mark, focusing on all three of the nearby goat creatures. (Intention is to bind them in place) Then let the cat take care of them.

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)
You scamper away from the nearest goatman and attempt to direct your spell against all three. You only manage two, but you get the ones closest to you. The twisting black mark flows off your skin and rockets over to the two goatmen, blooming into a thick haze of shadow as it does. The binding doesn't hold them in place, as darkness is immaterial and thus cannot physically bind. Instead it forms a black sphere around their heads and binds them in darkness and blindness which they cannot move away from.

Shadow Alliance.

Shoot at any enemy humans who seem to be attacking or casting spells.  If no-one is casting spells, shoot at the closest one of the goat creatures engaged with the cataphant.  Spend my move action continuing southwest.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
(Ammo count is 3/4 now, yes)
[1v6]
You miss by a country mile. In fact, I think you're aiming the opposite way.

Well, you're out of plants to hide in and the shot gave you away anyways so you just sprint to the south west as quick as you can.

The two darkness bound goats screech and flail at their heads, trying to pull off the immaterial darkness. The unbound goat and Big Kitty meet in pitched battle near them, with big kitty forcing the goat into melee range.

[7v6][2]

The Elephantine cat leaps onto the goatman and pins him to the ground, claws and teeth and fire consuming with equal fury. The Goat, though quick and strong, is still flesh and dies in moments.

Down in the south section of the map, the more normal men are suddenly grasped by pale tentacles rising up from below and are ferried down into the pit.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 16, 2017, 04:54:40 pm »

"Kay, are you okay?"

Repair Kay's mask if it seems damaged.
Does Abu's wall have a good overview of the area? If not go to the edge of this level and enchant the ground with [Wall]. Aiming for the extra potency to make it a stronger wall, not a bigger one.
Either way get behind cover.

As these people seem to be mages, try to sense for magical traps or fortifications, if that's a thing a mage can do.
Actually, on that topic is it possible to set up a permanent magical trap at a place we control?

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:53:37 pm by Egan_BW »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 16, 2017, 05:49:33 pm »

Cast Aura, Fire on the next person who gets picked up by the giant tentacle beast.  Try to get a look down in the pit at it as well.  The intent is agressive; I want the fire to burn the guy, the tentacle beast, the ground around him, etcetera.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #816 on: December 16, 2017, 06:08:11 pm »

Walk south toward the one guy on the east side of the pit. avoid any tentacles that come out of the pit (or from anywhere else). If I manage to catch the guy, sic kitty (hereby named "Death of a Salesman) on him.

"Kitty, I can't keep calling you kitty. I hereby name you Death of a Salesman. A lovely name for a kitty."

Spoiler: Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 16, 2017, 06:20:16 pm »

Roncal-thol Rotheleaod

Yeah, I'm mostly okay, ...I think. Let the adrenaline subside. Did we get him?

Assess own health.

((@Piecewise How badly did the acid burn me, in the end? Any lasting effects? ))
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 10:01:24 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 16, 2017, 07:33:38 pm »

Shadow Alliance

"This could go really badly."

Cast (Rain, Amber, Delay, Shockwave, Lead) intent being to limit it to raining down into the pit.

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 16, 2017, 09:52:54 pm »

"I think so, unless he can both survive a recoilless rifle round and turn himself invisible."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 17, 2017, 11:36:52 am »

"Scratch one communist sympathizer."

Try to get a better angle to the nearest group/batch of enemies (perhaps if I go further down south along the cover? Or perhaps if I stand on top of the cover it'll let me peek into the area below?), and fire again. If no angle can be gotten, then instead provide overwatch fire for birdgirl (using regular rifle if appropriate).

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:40:45 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 17, 2017, 06:03:20 pm »

"Groovy."
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #822 on: December 18, 2017, 12:13:14 pm »

Turn coming as soon as I finish the map for the Fedora Squad.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 18, 2017, 02:23:15 pm »

"Nice shot, private. You're getting better at this with every pinko bastard we rid the world of."

Provide overwatch. Shoot any enemy that pops into view with my rifle.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #824 on: December 18, 2017, 08:20:41 pm »

Ok Fedora troops, here be your map

Green are patrons, Blue are Workers, Red are the Bouncers and Security.

Now this place is basically a big brewery/bar, mostly filled with civilians and workers. You need to get control of it by whatever means you want, though wholesale slaughter might...turn the public opinion against ya.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 114