Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230748 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #450 on: October 29, 2017, 09:24:03 pm »

Return from spacing out. What happened?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 29, 2017, 10:09:10 pm »

((@ATHATH We're attacking the gates to hell to take over for ourselves, and you probably want to cast your preparation spell for the mission. Also, you get an armored uniform, a rifle with some bullets and a combat knife from the gang armory. Welcome back, be ready to enter the fray! :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #452 on: October 29, 2017, 10:25:16 pm »

"Saaaarge...

Do you wanna, uh, use this monster gun maybe? I'll take some of the ammo you just activated and you can have this one and its ammo."

"Don't whine like a whipped dog, marine, it's unbecoming of you. But yeah, I'll trade you 30 of those bullets for that monster. Jesus tapdancing christ, rifleman, try to make sure you have tank before making a tank sized gun next time."

Wow, shiny! Also, look how snugly it fits without being restrictive - superb tailoring! Great!

Need help with that monster of a gun, friend? Or you, lady?

Sarge narrows his eyes at Kay

"Who're you calling a lady, eyeballs?"

QUESTION PW: for a big gun like the one Abu just enchanted, what stat helps with the recoil, since you mentioned dislocated shoulders? I would assume high strength to keep it in check, but I could be wrong.

Exchange 30 of my summoned bullets for Abu's cannon+ammo.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Strength followed swiftly by vitality and then screaming.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 30, 2017, 12:26:05 am »

Sarge narrows his eyes at Kay

"Who're you calling a lady, eyeballs?"

Our chief and commander, her Ravenness lady Feathra, of course, Sergeant Gardener. I understand your confusion and rightful anger in this context, but rest assured: regardless of what I might think of your chosen profession, I would never act so low as to "mistake" your masculinity. That would just be dishonorable. As Men, keeping one's honor is paramount - as is respecting another's.
"Hey, what? What's so wrong with being girly? Think it takes a man to be strong, do you? Me mum would have your head."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 30, 2017, 12:43:59 am »

"Hey, what? What's so wrong with being girly? Think it takes a man to be strong, do you? Me mum would have your head."

Absolutely nothing wrong, lady; rather the good, perhaps, as only girls can truly "be girly" as you say and it is perhaps something to admire in them and certainly something to appreciate. As for one's strength, in my experience, it is something entirely unrelated to one's gender, for I have read about (and occasionally seen myself) both weaker men and stronger women, just as vice versa.

Kay smiled apologetically at his boss and shrugged.

I was just offering my help.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 30, 2017, 05:34:24 am »

"Saaaarge...

Do you wanna, uh, use this monster gun maybe? I'll take some of the ammo you just activated and you can have this one and its ammo."

"Don't whine like a whipped dog, marine, it's unbecoming of you. But yeah, I'll trade you 30 of those bullets for that monster. Jesus tapdancing christ, rifleman, try to make sure you have tank before making a tank sized gun next time."

"Su- uh, sure thing Sarge."

"Have fun breaking your arm with that."
Abu grumbled very, very quietly.

Your mission is to take control of the gate. Whatever means you want to use. Just keep in mind that if you toast the gate it might have some bad consequences for the city.
Someone should slap Sy.

Done and done. So can we spawn and take a look at the map now? Also, who exactly is in control of the gate right now? Would these people be amenable to parlay, you think?

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:07:20 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 30, 2017, 05:54:44 am »

"Raven ain't kidding, kid.  Her ma was terrifyin, had a yuge axe, once sah 'er cut three men in half, with one slash." Corven pats Raven on the shoulder and grins wide "She takes more after me, tho!  Got a good head on your shoulders, doncha girlie?  Just gotta remember to use it."

((@Radio Yeah, I'm keeping track of things.  Keeping the RR spoiler in the same file as Corven's sheet, so it should be updated and visible frequently. No promises that I'll catch everything, though.

...Like those extra two knives, yeah.  The spares go to Kay and... Sarge, I guess.))

I'm here, I'm here, yesterday was just busy... Corven's leveling Vit to d6, and his prep spell is "Repair AffectUser MarkCaster'sEyes".

Can't say much in terms of commanding without seeing the map, but parley would indeed be ideal.  Corven's also going to quietly tell Kay to stay close to Raven, as he's being appointed as her bodyguard, along with a suitably subtle threat if Kay tries anything.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roncal-Thol Rotheleaod (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 30, 2017, 07:09:54 am »

"Raven ain't kidding, kid.  Her ma was terrifyin, had a yuge axe, once sah 'er cut three men in half, with one slash." Corven pats Raven on the shoulder and grins wide "She takes more after me, tho!  Got a good head on your shoulders, doncha girlie?  Just gotta remember to use it."
"Uh, y-yeah, and not lose it."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 30, 2017, 07:51:27 am »

"God damn, this thing is ridiculous. We're going to need to brace this thing against something, no way is anyone shooting this from the shoulder and getting out unscathed."

Can we try to jury rig some kind of tripod or brace to put the gun down onto, to take the brunt of the recoil? Shooting this thing without something like that seems like a bad idea.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #459 on: October 30, 2017, 08:58:32 am »

((@Radio Yeah, I'm keeping track of things.  Keeping the RR spoiler in the same file as Corven's sheet, so it should be updated and visible frequently. No promises that I'll catch everything, though.

...Like those extra two knives, yeah.  The spares go to Kay and... Sarge, I guess.))

I'm here, I'm here, yesterday was just busy... Corven's leveling Vit to d6, and his prep spell is "Repair AffectUser MarkCaster'sEyes".

Can't say much in terms of commanding without seeing the map, but parley would indeed be ideal.  Corven's also going to quietly tell Kay to stay close to Raven, as he's being appointed as her bodyguard, along with a suitably subtle threat if Kay tries anything.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roncal-Thol Rotheleaod (click to show/hide)
[8]
A tattoo of rolling multicolor lines covers your eyeballs and makes them look vaguely like windows into a high speed lava lamp.

"God damn, this thing is ridiculous. We're going to need to brace this thing against something, no way is anyone shooting this from the shoulder and getting out unscathed."

Can we try to jury rig some kind of tripod or brace to put the gun down onto, to take the brunt of the recoil? Shooting this thing without something like that seems like a bad idea.

Sure, you can try to do that NOW

You all walk up to the Dreamer Gate in a clump, trying to look as non-treatening as you can with all your weapons and synchronized raven uniforms. Luckily your gang is so new that basically no one has heard of you yet.

The Dreamer Gate is a massive thing, a wall five stories tall and made of dense reddish ironwood. The gate itself is two stories tall and massively thick, a solid slab of iron with steel cables affixed to it leading to winches on the top floor. Its less a gate and more a solid wall of metal they can lift out of the way. On the second and fourth stories of the wall there are barred windows looking down on you.  Men with rifles stand at those windows, half hidden by the bars, but watching.   Directly in front of you is a row of wooden barricades and two men on guard. They aren't soldiers; they wear the unofficial dreamer uniform of a long coat with ragged weathered clothing, wrappings of cloth that cover their hands and face, and thick protective goggles. Both have rifles in their hands and long sabres at their sides. 

The one nearest the gate lifts a hand and beckons you forward.

"Do you seek entrance to the Unreal?" He asks, with the dry disinterest of an act he's performed many times.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 30, 2017, 09:05:10 am »

The one nearest the gate lifts a hand and beckons you forward.

"Do you seek entrance to the Unreal?" He asks, with the dry disinterest of an act he's performed many times.

"Well hello there friendo!" Abu said, approaching him while flashing his best toothpaste-commercial smile and sticking his hand out like a proselytizing door to door vacuum salesman. "What a nice day it is indeed. Say, have you got a moment to talk about free market enterprise?"

Surely, once these men had seen the light of capitalism they would jump at the chance to join the hottest club in town!

Derplomacy!

Also finally decided to upgrade Vit after last mission.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:10:19 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Bird Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #461 on: October 30, 2017, 09:12:01 am »

"Abu, please let my dad do the talking."

[Ammunition / Many / Clockwork / Crow]. Aiming to make cannonballs.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:01:04 pm by Egan_BW »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 30, 2017, 09:18:17 am »

Kay has been entrusted with an important mission: Guarding lady Feathra. And so he stood motionless, two feet to the side from her, staying his own enthusiasm and initiative while dutifully gazing around for threats.

Guard Raven Feathra. Don't provoke violence, but be ready to shield her if any starts coming her way.

Assist her and her father with parley talks as appropriate, if appropriate. Don't meddle or interfere if my speechifying assistance is clearly not needed.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:20:15 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 30, 2017, 09:33:13 am »

((@ATHATH We're attacking the gates to hell to take over for ourselves, and you probably want to cast your preparation spell for the mission. Also, you get an armored uniform, a rifle with some bullets and a combat knife from the gang armory. Welcome back, be ready to enter the fray! :) ))
What words does the gang have available to them?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 30, 2017, 09:34:24 am »

Cloud, Wall, FireForward, Crow, MarkCaster'sEyes, AffectUser, LargeFirearm, Ammunition, Clockwork, Repair, Many

We had some loot words but you're too much of a slowpoke to have any.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:36:25 am by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 114