Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230804 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #360 on: October 23, 2017, 07:10:48 pm »

Try and get up the ladder

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #361 on: October 24, 2017, 07:40:12 pm »

"Here, Thag, use this!"

Slide my cavalry sword to Thag, then point my rifle at the enemy and order him to surrender. If he doesn't, well, shoot. Literally.

Pretty badass little spell. one shot, right? now that I've triggered it, it's expended?otherwise, I could wall the guy in pretty nicely.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
You slide your blade over to thag and then take a shot at the man, because definitely is not giving up.

[6v5][4]
You hit him solidly in the gut, and he screams but doesn't fall.

Grab the sabre and stab the last man to death.  If this leaves Thag inside the flames, rock the last man instead and move inside the stone tower area.
You snap the blade up off the ground and charge forward, whipping it around over your head in a tight arc.
[9v1][6]

You bring the sabre around with your whole weight and all the momentum in your run. The blade sings down and catches the man just above the left ear. You hack a diagonal cut straight through his head, exiting out through his right cheek. The top of his head tumbles away and his body falls in the opposite direction.

Try and get up the ladder

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)

You climb up right under Chu and repeatedly prod him in the butt, telling him to clear a path.

Alright, thats everyone except the half dead man upstairs. I'm willing to call that finished, if you are.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 24, 2017, 07:42:46 pm »

Yup.  Thag got two kills with a rock, he's happy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #363 on: October 24, 2017, 07:58:32 pm »

So you guys are basically done here; there's only one overseer alive and the slaves are in full revolt. Unless there's anything you guys wanna do before ending this, I'm gonna call it done and we can move on.

Loot all of the weapons from the dead guards. Yes, ALL of them. Ask the rest of the team to help carry them if needed. Also request back the weapons given to those two slaves (gave them two rifles). 

Shit, maybe grab some of their uniforms as well, if possible. This is gonna be our main base, so store them somewhere in our brand spanking new crib.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
Well, look on the map, count the number of dead guards and subtract the number of rifles already taken. Thats how many rifles you get. Multiply that number by 4 for the number of bullets for those rifles you get. You can also grab a number of uniforms equal to the overseer corpses if you want.

Yes, let's end this and hopefully give me some actually helpful words?
Kay

Help abu with looting the guards. Pay extra attention for ammo/valuables. after that I'm good to go

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In terms of valuables, there's nothing beyond the weapons

Blood for the Blood God! Bodies at the Carrion-Tyrant's throne!..
We drink our fill together, not alone! ♪

Rage against the howling winds atop the watchtower. Crow at the carnage we caused. Celebrate the epicness of our victory and give those down below a worthy show.
Sing.

(Assist Corven's speechifying as appropriate.)

Corven grabs Raven amd drags her into a bear hug.  After a moment, he holds her out at arms length and gives her a stern look "Are you crazy, girlie?  Why'd you go runnin ahead like that?!  You coulda died!  Don't do to me, let the mooks get 'emselves killed, it's what we got 'em for!  You are valuable!"

That said, he drags his daughter into another tight hug.

Yeah, end it.  Abu seems to be handling the looting, so Corven will handle the slaves.  He's going to try and gather them into a single area, then speechify them.  Basically, they're no longer slaves, they're workers, and they're free to leave and run off into the city if they like their chances better out there.  If they stay here, they'll have to continue working to earn their keep, but they'll be official junior members of Roncal-thol Rotheleaod, and subject to all the responsibilities and benefits that provides.  Namely, they listen to Corven and the other senior members, but are also protected and treated well.

...Corven's gonna drag his daughter along with him, less for assistance, more because he's worried about letting her out of his sight again.

So what words do we get?

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

We'll assume the slaves hang around for a while.

The words you get from your territory this round are

light source
white phosphorous
heavy
darkness
chisel

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 24, 2017, 09:57:08 pm »

Yeah, unless Ozarck takes exception I'll call that finished.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 25, 2017, 06:53:08 am »

Oz is good, he created a temporary, independent, acid kitty, and made a wall of amber. And also loot.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 25, 2017, 07:19:03 am »

Well, look on the map, count the number of dead guards and subtract the number of rifles already taken. Thats how many rifles you get. Multiply that number by 4 for the number of bullets for those rifles you get. You can also grab a number of uniforms equal to the overseer corpses if you want.

"Hey Sarge, look, I'm like Rifles McGee, our old quartermaster!" Abu said, cradeling a dozen guns, their ammo and some knives and uniforms. The muscle cramps from hauling all that shit around didn't even bother him, he felt like a kid holding up a candy store.

Could we outfit some of our slaves with some of our spare weapons and keep them as guards for our base or something?

light source
white phosphorous
heavy
darkness
chisel

Small question, the rules state the following:

Each area a gang controls gives them up to 5 random words from its word bank after each encounter they undertake. Think of these words like a hand of cards: 5 is the max. If someone takes a word from that group, it will be replenished to 5 at the end of the next encounter. If words aren’t taken or discarded, they will stay and new words won’t replace them.  If a gang loses control of an area, they keep the words they have from it but no new ones will replace any they use. In this way, controlling more territory means controlling more magical power. A gang’s first encounter is to take control of an area on the map. This area will act as their headquarters. Headquarters provide 10 words instead of the normal 5 for each encounter.

So why doesn't our first area generate 10 words? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 07:22:27 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 25, 2017, 07:52:50 am »

someone pm me the location we have.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 25, 2017, 08:16:16 am »

Spoiler: Kinda secret R&R Talk (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 25, 2017, 09:21:01 am »

Spoiler: Spoilered R&R Talk (click to show/hide)

@Piecewise

What happens to enchantments and unused marked spells after the mission ends? (The rules state that summoned items and effects disappear if not Permanent, but nothing on these.)

Also, now that the first mission batch is effectively over, have you decided on adding rules for character progression?

Edit: Oh, and when RC asked about ALL the weapons on dead guards, did you really mean that there was only one guard with a combat knife on the map (one that we looted early in the mission), or do we also get the corresponding number of melee sidearms for all other downed guards as well?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 09:29:50 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #370 on: October 25, 2017, 10:28:09 am »

"Hey Sarge, look, I'm like Rifles McGee, our old quartermaster!" Abu said, cradeling a dozen guns, their ammo and some knives and uniforms. The muscle cramps from hauling all that shit around didn't even bother him, he felt like a kid holding up a candy store.

Could we outfit some of our slaves with some of our spare weapons and keep them as guards for our base or something?

light source
white phosphorous
heavy
darkness
chisel

Small question, the rules state the following:

Each area a gang controls gives them up to 5 random words from its word bank after each encounter they undertake. Think of these words like a hand of cards: 5 is the max. If someone takes a word from that group, it will be replenished to 5 at the end of the next encounter. If words aren’t taken or discarded, they will stay and new words won’t replace them.  If a gang loses control of an area, they keep the words they have from it but no new ones will replace any they use. In this way, controlling more territory means controlling more magical power. A gang’s first encounter is to take control of an area on the map. This area will act as their headquarters. Headquarters provide 10 words instead of the normal 5 for each encounter.

So why doesn't our first area generate 10 words? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Ah yes, sorry. Lets see....
Coal
Pickax
Gold
Iron
Diamond

Spoiler: Spoilered R&R Talk (click to show/hide)

@Piecewise

What happens to enchantments and unused marked spells after the mission ends? (The rules state that summoned items and effects disappear if not Permanent, but nothing on these.)

Also, now that the first mission batch is effectively over, have you decided on adding rules for character progression?

Edit: Oh, and when RC asked about ALL the weapons on dead guards, did you really mean that there was only one guard with a combat knife on the map (one that we looted early in the mission), or do we also get the corresponding number of melee sidearms for all other downed guards as well?
The marks can say if you want, but they have to be removed to place another conflicting mark on. Enchanted items return to normal. Your knife becomes a knife again rather than a clockwork chainsaw.

Yeah. Everyone who lived through the fight can add one level to any of their stats. Ie going from d2 to d4 or d4 to d6 etc. d10 is still max.

Throw in 6 knives if ya want.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #371 on: October 25, 2017, 10:45:35 am »

Great!

Then here comes the bad question... what about magical healing and/or damage? Are they also undone?

(I.e. aren't they technically enchantments/summoned effects as well?)
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #372 on: October 25, 2017, 11:08:17 am »

Great!

Then here comes the bad question... what about magical healing and/or damage? Are they also undone?

(I.e. aren't they technically enchantments/summoned effects as well?)
No. What we'll assume is that the magical healing doesn't unform once the conflict ends. So half the team doesn't just die at the end.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 25, 2017, 11:57:41 am »

Wait, marks don't wear off at the end of the mission? How many marks can I cast between missions then?

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 25, 2017, 12:26:54 pm »

Alright, the Shadow Alliance has decided they are done taking their new headquarters. Ready to receive our new words.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 114