Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 229922 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2017, 11:05:17 pm »

Huh. Guess I'm not starting off with guns or such. If that's the case, can I be part of your gang, Ethan BW?
Flesh Ornate Crow for prep spell that I now realize I can cast.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2017, 11:07:08 pm »

((I could summon us ammo, but I kinda want to save "Many" for a bunch of clockwork crows... and "Clockwork", of course, and I bet you don't want cloud bullets. Shall I take one for the team, or wait for radio or pan to help us out? I bet you could also just cast "LargeFirearm Ammunition Clockwork Many", and get loaded guns? One more word shouldn't be too difficult for potency d10.))

Huh. Guess I'm not starting off with guns or such. If that's the case, can I be part of your gang, Ethan BW?
Flesh Ornate Crow for prep spell that I now realize I can cast.

((Ye really not been paying attention. Well, my name is not Ethan. And also I'm part of syv's gang now, we kinda merged our ideas.))

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2017, 12:45:25 am »

I have no idea who to join
Please someone invite me...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 02:02:55 pm by PaPaj »
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2017, 08:11:25 am »

SNIP
Ah, good. Have you selected an HQ location yet?
yes, I have.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2017, 02:23:55 pm »

Sy's gang

Here is the map of your encounter. Red squares are merchant overseers, blue dots are the slaves they're using to work the mine. Remember, you need to incite a successful riot and takeover of the mine to control the space. I've added you on but since none of your other people have shown up, they're currently absent.

Currently, directly ahead of you, you can see a set of double sized rails upon which sits a massive train engine towing a flatbed car with equally oversized wooden tubs holding raw ore. The train engine is nearly two stories tall and 12 or so feet wide with a smokestack that spews constant soot and members like a grumbling volcanic caldera. To the right of the train is a large wooden structure, like a bar, with a pair of double doors open into it, revealing other containers of ore. To the left of the train, you can see the mine itself. Its crude; this entire area used to be homes by the look of the timbers and garbage strewn around in the dirt, and the mine's entrance is cobbled together from the remains of those structures. You can see a track for mine carts and a huge pile of raw stone. Everything else is hidden by the bulk of the train.

Crazy abe and Rautherdir, you're up next. If you can, gather any meandering or uncertain people not currently in Sy's group and get ready.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2017, 04:22:57 pm »

What gangs are available?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2017, 04:25:58 pm »

Hey doofus, you forgot our prep spells.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2017, 04:28:39 pm »

Here are your prep spells by the way.
Name: Raven Feathra
Description: Raven is a VERY RAVENY GIRL. She has black hair, dark blue eyes, and looks all edgy and shit. She's really too young to lead a wizard gang, but carries herself with confidence and Murder. She is deadly intelligent, but is lacking in common sense, as normal for teenagers. Also she is obsessed with birds.
Potency: d8
Memory: d6
Strength: d2
Dexterity: d4
Speed: d6
Vitality: d4
Endurance: d6
Intelligence: d10
Awareness: d8

I have enough memory to hold all 11 of our starting cards, so my hand is:
Cloud, Wall, FireForward, Crow, MarkCaster'sEyes, AffectUser, LargeFirearm, Ammunition, Clockwork, Repair, Many

And my prep spell will be:
Repair / AffectUser / Repair

Leaving these cards for the mission:
Cloud, Wall, FireForward, Crow, LargeFirearm, Ammunition, Clockwork, Many

((Yeah OceanSoul,  ATHATH is right.  You gotta choose another gang.  Sorry.))

Corven casts "LargeFirearm Clockwork Many" as prep, and distributes the guns.  None will be left behind; extras will be used to arm slaves later.

Someone else needs to summon ammo for us.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)
[5]
ER's spell goes down without a hitch. His pupils shift shape into the form of a magical tattoo containing his spell for later use. [pot+2]

[2]
Sy's spell comes out a bit deformed. It summon's only a single rifle, which while being of a clockwork design is made of food. It appears to be a complete functional design, but well, a barrel made out of a particularly long and thick pasta noodle probably won't stand up to the rigors of gunfire more than once.

What gangs are available?
There are three, currently.

RR is Sy's gang, Death's Friends run by Crazyabe, and Shadow Alliance run by Rautherdir

Current list of people is, as far as I know,

RR: Sy, ER, Radio, Pancaek
Death's Friends: Crazyabe, ATHATH
Shadow Alliance: Rautherdir.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 04:35:50 pm by piecewise »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2017, 04:30:44 pm »

I'll join whichever leader posts first then, who isn't syv.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2017, 04:41:05 pm »

Okay then.

The words I selected are (Fire Forward, Feline, Delay, Mark Whole Body, Dome), (Darkness, Shockwave, Aura), (When Inflicting Damage, Black Biometal), (Distortion Dust)

I'll pm you the location we'll be taking.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 04:43:35 pm by Rautherdir »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2017, 04:49:37 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"I don't think that gun will do us much good, daddy. Let's see if I can cook up something interesting..."

Crow / Clockwork / Many

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2017, 05:20:01 pm »

Okay, after some discussion with Devastator I will be switching Fire Forward for Amber in the permanent word list.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2017, 05:22:58 pm »

Thag Simmons, Caveman.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2017, 05:57:27 pm »

Shadow Alliance is attempting to take the gate between the lower and upper city sections. The gate is under the control of some deserters from the army. They offer passage to anyone except those who they believe are too weak to defend themselves. They've lived on nothing but pillage and forced tolls for weeks. Your goal is very simple; Drive them out of the Gate and take it for yourself.

[5]
Rautherdir's prep spell goes off fine and covers his entire body in strange, slowly writhing tattoos. [Pot+2]

Okay, after some discussion with Devastator I will be switching Fire Forward for Amber in the permanent word list.
Ok

Thag Simmons, Caveman.

The gate is huge, though nowhere near as tall as the walls its set into. The gate is, in fact, two gates, one inner and one outer, with a passage through the wall between them. One door of each set of gates is partially open, and through it you can see that there is actually a platform about 20 feet up, stretching between both sides of the passage. And above that, a ladder leads up to a wooden structure set into the ceiling of the passage, above the doors. You can see archers  sitting idly on the middle platform, eyeing anyone that comes near the door.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2017, 06:07:10 pm »

Casting Feline / Black Biometal. And moving to 10,4

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 114