Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79185 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 3
« Reply #1560 on: February 08, 2019, 08:27:08 pm »

Lucette kept her eyes narrowed suspiciously at Theo for a few seconds.
:"Perhaps you aren't wrong."
Lucette looked back to Jack, then.
:"Well... what's our immediate plan of action, then?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 08, 2019, 08:30:40 pm »

"Our only intelligence on Hart's position is Castle Leonowicz. So that's where we're going."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: February 09, 2019, 03:33:05 am »

"Alright. What do we know about the defenses? The research facility here was problematic and they were supposedly underfunded and already pulled off research. If they've shifted research to Hart and her tome, are we expecting massive resistance?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 10, 2019, 02:16:59 pm »

"They were still conducting research and even running drills at the facility while I was performing my surveillance. It's possible they weren't aware they'd been defunded yet. But that doesn't change the fact that Leonowicz is surely better defended. And I don't have any intel on it. I'm not sure what we can expect to go up against, frankly."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: February 10, 2019, 02:58:25 pm »

"Hm. Alright. These mongrels won't stand a chance either way. Shall I leave you two alone?"
He motions to Lucette.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 10, 2019, 03:27:04 pm »

Jack raised an eyebrow. "What? Lucette, did you have something you needed to discuss with me?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: February 11, 2019, 01:31:59 pm »

"Thanks, Cap'n." Permission granted, Abelard strode into the room and took one of the unopened bottles. "Hard times, eh? Let's drink to that."

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5
« Reply #1567 on: February 13, 2019, 03:11:18 pm »

Evra gets Speedwing
Lucette gets Antidote staff
Keyleth gets Stiletto

~Chapter 5~

~Following the investigation of the Giarna Research Facility, the Strike Team heads East, deeper into Govitz. Their new destination: Castle Leonowicz, a longstanding fortress built atop a mountain. It is the stronghold of Victor Groznij, a powerful Earl of Govitz, and apparent co-conspirator with Joi Hart. To make matters worse, the discovery of a new super weapon in Govitian hands only puts more pressure on the group. But before anything else can be done, they have to reach Leonowicz...~

Two days later, the sun was beginning to set as the group traveled east. Ahead of them was a river- fast moving, but shallow enough that crossing on foot wouldn't be a problem, according to reports from Ria and Keyleth who had scouted ahead. But as it stood, they'd been moving quickly for some time.

"We'll make camp here for the evening." Following a short discussion of who would take which watches and who would set up shelter and prepare a quick meal, Jack made his way toward the river to draw some water.

Before reaching it, however, there was a heavy 'thunk' as a crossbow released its tension, and a bolt along with it. Jack dodged to one side, but the head of the bolt grazed his shoulder, leaving a burning gash.

"Tch. I'd hoped to catch you too tired to notice me." The other man stepped out from behind a tree, casually placing another bolt onto his weapon. "Let's not mince words. I know what you're doing here, and I will have your head, traitor."

Jack had dropped his canteen, and raised his dagger instead, ignoring the burning sensation spreading through his arm. "If you know why I'm here, you know that I'm not the traitor here."

The other man's face twisted into a scowl. "How dare you name Joi Hart traitor?" He holstered his crossbow, and drew his own dagger, of much better make. "Once I'm done with you, your team is next." No further words were exchanged for almost a full minute, as the two men stared each other down, waiting.

Jack moved first, charging forward. The other man held his ground, before leaping to the side at the last moment, swinging his weapon at Jack. Jack leapt over the strike, and didn't return one of his own, instead continuing his sprint back toward his team. Phobos Aerlot, one of Joi Hart's closest companions and confidants, drew his crossbow, aiming at Jack's back... But the opportunity was gone. He placed two fingers into his mouth and produced a high whistle. In response, leaves and bushes rustled as hidden soldiers drew up from their camouflage, stretching their muscles and preparing for battle. While his fighters emerged, Phobos turned toward the trees... and vanished.

Jack returned to the beginnings of a camp, bleeding gently from his injury. "Looks like our workday isn't over yet. One of Hart's men is here, and from the sound of it he's not alone. Watch yourselves- he has poisoned bolts."

~Player Phase 1~

One of the enemy units is concealed- Please specify your pathing unless the enemy unit in question is currently revealed.

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)

EXP: 43/100

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: February 20, 2019, 11:20:30 am »

3-J, sword the killer

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: February 20, 2019, 11:59:48 am »

Quote from: Theo attacks Killer B!
109+15+10-20-23=91
Roll: 20-Hit!
22+1-8-2=13 Damage!

Killer B counters!
90-15-10-15-10=40
Roll: 50-Miss!

Theo attacks again!
Roll: 31-Hit!
13 Damage!

EXP: 46/100

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: February 20, 2019, 02:25:38 pm »

"At least I still have some booze!"

Abelard to I-3, Rapid Strike Hatchet Lancer B.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: February 20, 2019, 03:24:43 pm »

Quote from: Abelard Rapid Strikes Lancer B!
112+15+10+5-15-15-24=88
Roll: 47-Hit!
21+1-1-12=9 Damage!

Abelard attacks again!
Roll: 67-Hit!
Critroll: 10-Crit!
9x3=27 Damage!

EXP: 49/100

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: February 22, 2019, 05:27:36 pm »

This guy sounded dangerous. Keyleth decided to fly over the treeline and take cover in the thickest patch of woods she could reach.

Fly to 7-F, then dismount and equip javelins.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: February 22, 2019, 05:47:55 pm »

I-2, perform Alb

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: February 22, 2019, 07:35:43 pm »

"Thanks, now to end this."

Abelard applies Hatchet to Lancer B—the Hand Axe is equipped upon it breaking—and equips the Iron Shield in case it isn't equipped yet.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 125