Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 79193 times)

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 3
« Reply #1545 on: February 06, 2019, 03:23:11 pm »

Ria made a gesture of resigned--if bemused and dubious--acceptance towards Lucette, turning to follow Jack out of the room.  It was all nonsense, of course.  But she guessed 'godly talents' over there was right.  It really didn't affect the job.

Still, as soon as they were out of the office, she glanced at Jack, eyebrow raised.

"You just wanna leave him there?  Granted, drunk as he was, it ain't likely he'll remember any of this fifteen minutes from now.  But he might still drop someone a line if anyone bothers comin' here to look."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 06, 2019, 03:25:29 pm »

:"Tch."
Putting up a big game but being utterly insane, and thoroughly pathetic on the inside. What more could be expected from Govitz?
:"If he ever stops drinking himself to death, he might become a threat to Ersht. Especially if we run into and kill the man he was complaining about, which seems rather likely to me, he might regain confidence."
(also oh god oh man lemme use the Magical Ring I'm doing it oh man)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 06, 2019, 03:27:45 pm »

"He just soiled himself and he's still drinking. He's going to die." Jack shrugged. "If it bothers you that much, you can finish him yourself. He's dead either way."

Lucette uses the Magical Ring!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: February 06, 2019, 07:00:08 pm »

"The man could at least learn to share."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 06, 2019, 07:03:31 pm »

"There's a few bottles left. You can take one, if you want." Jack exhaled heavily, feeling the weight of the situation. "Rune, what's the fastest route to Castle Leonowicz?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: February 08, 2019, 06:20:25 am »

"So. What do you make of what we found out?"
Theodore has appeared, having been skulking somewhere nearby, deep in thought. What he'd been considering was none of Jack's business, for the moment.
"His logic is sound about the tomes, that much I know. Too much energy is drawn for it to work the way magic usually does. And a man on the end of his rope like that, had no reason to deceive us about his research."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 08, 2019, 08:05:52 am »

"I agree, I don't think he was lying. I can't speak to the research he's done, but..." Jack scowled, and crossed his arms. "If this is all true, its a huge problem. And that's ignoring the problem of the Annihilation Tomes being portals. If things can be taken through, presumably things can be brought here by them. One of them could bring one of the Titans he was talking about by chance."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: February 08, 2019, 08:10:16 am »

"Not possible. It would've happened already, and there hasn't been any report of foreign matter at any of the detonation sites. Chances are, it's a one-way trip from here to there and vice versa; given the properties of the other world as far as he described it, opening a consistent two-way portal would be too destructive and foolish, even for them."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 08, 2019, 08:29:51 am »

"Hmph. If that's true, it's something at least. But it still leaves the problem of Titans. If they're really unstoppable war machines, we lose as soon as they get brought onto the field. And if they can't be controlled..." Jack trailed off. The destructive upper limit of these things was entirely unclear, but it was probably higher than the Annihilation Tomes.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: February 08, 2019, 10:00:35 am »

"Unstoppable as far as they know."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: February 08, 2019, 05:58:55 pm »

:"Ugh."
:"Well, if you're certain, Jack, then I suppose there's no reason to wade into there to speed things up.

:"Now, as for his drunken ramblings... even if we believe them, does it really change much? It would still involve the Tomes, and would involve Hart, so we're still going for her, yeah?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: February 08, 2019, 06:33:37 pm »

"If we find evidence of these Titans, then our goal may change, but the overall mission is the same. I suppose you'd love the extra opportunity to strike back at Govitz either way, wouldn't you?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: February 08, 2019, 07:14:25 pm »

Lucette lit up a cigarillo as her eyes narrowed at Theo.
:"Maybe I would like the opportunity to strike at Govitz. But just what is it that you mean by saying that I'd love the extra opportunity to "strike back" at them?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: February 08, 2019, 07:33:27 pm »

"Turn of phrase. Unless I'm wrong about you relishing the opportunity."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: February 08, 2019, 07:43:44 pm »

"In any case, our primary goal is the same. If possible, we will attempt to ascertain the validity of these claims, and destroy all traces of the research if we find that it exists. An uncontrollable superweapon is dangerous to everyone, and it may be only a matter of time before a method of control is discovered." Jack closed his eyes, and took in a deep breath. "But we are not abandoning our primary target."
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 125