Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 139875 times)

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #315 on: September 16, 2017, 09:01:27 pm »

+1 Maximum Mana, and Learn new earth magic spell, please.

Gasp somewhat upon seeing this vision, breathing heavily and comprehending a bit fast overall. I talk a bit more with the dragons, and share the vision I had with them. Ask them to think about what it may mean, for later. Right now, I need to clear my head and regain bearings a bit. Ask the dragons to accompany me while I get food for everyone. Maybe they have some basic insights on this I can listen to while I recover a bit from the shock and also focus on doing something to take my mind off the vision a bit (or at least understand it some more).

Forage, preferably for strawberries. Then tend to the farm. I just want to make sure we have more than enough food for everyone.

Guys, remember, I'm happy to get the basic food and shelter stuff worked out. Overall, you can focus on combat. We should still have food stockpiled. If not, then I'll happily go get some more. After that I should be able to add on a few more rooms to my overall plan today: many rooms surrounding a large room for this building and then other buildings as well later. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165348.msg7553456#msg7553456. Goal: many buildings and stable food, then perhaps teaching things, administering a city? I don't know. I hope this frees up your time for training other skills?

Maybe focus on group combat/hunting? Whatever wildlife is out there, even a bear, is going to have a harder time dealing with 2 or more of you than just one at a time?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:33:02 pm by Transcendant »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 17, 2017, 04:31:39 pm »

Choose Spirit. Continue practicising my sword while trying to infuse Spirit magic into my blade.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 17, 2017, 06:48:55 pm »

Day 2: Cloudy (7 Turns)

Manipulate Water, put out that fire just outside the house.
3 You successfully put out the fire near the house. -1 Hunger, -1 Mana. Water Magic Rank 1: 2/15 EXP.

With this in mind, he tries to attune himself to fire instead.
1 You puke instead. -2 Health, -2 Hunger.

Eat more food
3 You find a couple berries to eat, now that they're ripe again. +1 Hunger. Skill Unlocked: Foraging Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Well it should be fine, right? After all, the fire is outside.
If I can continue to safely sleep, do so.
Otherwise, use fire magic to shrink the fire to a safe size.

3+1 Thanks to Aaron, you are able to sleep safely. Lost Status: Fatigued. Mana Refilled. No longer trapped in house.

go looking for interesting things again. The world is an oyster to me!
4 What an interesting coincidence, because you find a small pearl just laying on the ground by a rock. How did that get here? You obtain Small White Pearl x1.

Sheathe sword, attack hawk with my bare hands. Try and model my movements after the hawk's, imbibe its movements into my unarmed fighting style.
1 The hawk lets you know just how futile it is trying to fight a predatory bird with your bare hands. -3 Health.

Look through the forest for fruits to grow back at the base, all while considering the nature of recovery and healing.
2 All you do is find some thorned bushes. Ouchie. -2 Health.

+1 Maximum Mana, and Learn new earth magic spell, please.
Forage, preferably for strawberries. Then tend to the farm. I just want to make sure we have more than enough food for everyone.
Gain Wall of Stone (4 Mana)
2+2
You tend to the farm after grabbing some berries, helping everything to grow a little bit faster. You Obtain Strawberry x4. Foraging Rank 2: 4/20 EXP. Farming Rank 1: 10/15 EXP.

"That sounds like The Great Dragon!" says Auraj knowledgeably. "It is the deity of all dragons in this realm, as well as the elements. If these mages are indeed taking advantage of it, then it's small wonder why there is so much darkness in this universe. We have to help the Great Dragon, or all will be lost!"

Choose Spirit. Continue practicising my sword while trying to infuse Spirit magic into my blade.
Skill Unlocked: Spirit Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Spells: Minor Harm (1 Mana)
6+1
You put yourself full force into practicing all of this new stuff. You channel the negative energy into your blade, but you feel a pull on your soul doing so. You've learned through Spirit Power that you're essentially channeling yourself into these actions, and channeling a little too much into things will wear on your actual physical Health.
-1 Spirit, -1 Mana, -1 Hunger, -2 Health. Spirit Magic Rank 0: 5/10 EXP. Spirit Power Rank 1: 5/15 EXP.
Combat Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health or +1 Maximum Hunger. Next Rank: 0/20 EXP.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 10:59:47 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 17, 2017, 06:57:05 pm »

Does Control Animals basically give me a familiar, or is it a short-term spell?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 17, 2017, 07:09:05 pm »

Oh dear.

Valosh was really not feeling good. He cursed the fact that his spirit magic was harm and not heal. In an effort to appease his stomach, he cooked and ate a potato, or maybe both.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 17, 2017, 07:45:38 pm »

Does Control Animals basically give me a familiar, or is it a short-term spell?
It's short term, giving you a bonus with the animal for a few turns. Find Familiar or other similar magic would be what you're looking for.

I also gave Beirus the appropriate Combat level up.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 07:47:23 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 17, 2017, 07:48:08 pm »

Go fishing at the pier, using Control Animals to increase my catch. Afterwards, go take a rest, and think of how to control animals more permanently.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 17, 2017, 07:49:53 pm »

Hi, um, may I have another earth magic spell and + 1 to mana for a 6/6 total, please?

Eat only one of the 4 strawberries, give the rest to the group. Anyone can eat these 3; I don't care. I intend to get more for everyone soon anyhow. Then dig / build another room as per the previous diagram: Probably another 15 by 15 room and not a corner room. Then cast  Mud to Rock on it. Do this with the two dragons for company and conversation.

That sounds awful Auraj. I honestly don't know what I could do to help a god. Who are these cloaked mages anyhow? How did they ever get to the point they could threaten a god? Certainly we can't be the only ones who know about this? Is there anyone else who knows, or even anyone else around? I don't know if we can do something right away, without getting slaughtered by mages who can threaten a god, but we could start to think up a plan?

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 17, 2017, 08:56:50 pm »

Hmm, what next.
Finish making that anvil, (I don't think the last attempt succeeded), and then use Animate on the bellows, after connecting them to the forge.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 17, 2017, 09:33:34 pm »

Continue looking for fruit, and consider the nature of recovery. What is it that makes a man recover; is it his flesh, or his spirit?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 17, 2017, 09:35:26 pm »

+1 Health

Continue sword training while pondering berserking, and the ways that strong emotions might intensify my Spirit Power attacks. Or ponder a way to condense mana into an armor or shield using abjuration.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 17, 2017, 11:01:10 pm »

Hi, um, may I have another earth magic spell and + 1 to mana for a 6/6 total, please?
Sorry I forgot to update that part, post edited accordingly. You gain Wall of Stone (4 Mana).

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 18, 2017, 12:50:36 am »

Nix

Keep Kung Fu fighting the hawk. I shall absorb its soul with my fists!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 18, 2017, 01:21:33 am »

Eat even moar food
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 19, 2017, 10:44:52 pm »

Day 2: Cloudy (6 Turns)
Puppyguard hasn't posted in a while.

Oh dear.
Valosh was really not feeling good. He cursed the fact that his spirit magic was harm and not heal. In an effort to appease his stomach, he cooked and ate a potato, or maybe both.
4 You cook and eat a potato. It goes down this time, being an edible substance, but your poisoning isn't cured as of yet.
+1 Hunger. Foraging Rank 0: 5/10 EXP. Skill Unlocked: Cooking Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

Go fishing at the pier, using Control Animals to increase my catch. Afterwards, go take a rest, and think of how to control animals more permanently.
2+3 You spend the mana and the spell to catch a lot of fish. You then go to have a rest and dream about the bonds you can create with animals. You can domesticate wild animals, or you can use Spirit Magic to bind yourself to them. The latter seems the 'easier' method, but you get the feeling it would be at its easiest of the animal trusted you to some degree.
-3 Mana, -2 Hunger. You obtain Fish x7. Fishing Rank 2: 7/20 EXP.
Enchantment Magic Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Mana, or Learn New Enchantment Magic.

Eat only one of the 4 strawberries, give the rest to the group. Anyone can eat these 3; I don't care. I intend to get more for everyone soon anyhow. Then dig / build another room as per the previous diagram: Probably another 15 by 15 room and not a corner room. Then cast  Mud to Rock on it. Do this with the two dragons for company and conversation.
That sounds awful Auraj. I honestly don't know what I could do to help a god. Who are these cloaked mages anyhow? How did they ever get to the point they could threaten a god? Certainly we can't be the only ones who know about this? Is there anyone else who knows, or even anyone else around? I don't know if we can do something right away, without getting slaughtered by mages who can threaten a god, but we could start to think up a plan?
5 You have a strawberry and leave the rest at camp. You continue to build the house with extreme success.
+1 Hunger, -2 Mana, -4 Strawberry. Digging Rank 0: 9/10 EXP. Earth Magic Rank 3: 5/25 EXP.
Building Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, or a one time permanent bonus to Building.

We can pray to the Great Dragon," says Auraj. That or we can use magic to defeat the mages, releasing the Great Dragon from its chains. Either way... I don't know much about them otherwise. Maybe someone older would know?"

Finish making that anvil, (I don't think the last attempt succeeded), and then use Animate on the bellows, after connecting them to the forge.
You already did both of those things, as listed in the usual spoiler below.

Continue looking for fruit, and consider the nature of recovery. What is it that makes a man recover; is it his flesh, or his spirit?
4 You find some stray mangoes from the nearby trees. Sometimes you can recover through rest, but in a sense you are not only resting your body, you are also resting your spirit. Spirit Magic is perhaps one of the harder concepts to grasp fully - it is within all things, but the events that happened seemed to have accelerated people's understanding of magic as a whole.
You obtain Mango x3. Spirit Magic Rank 0: 4/10 EXP. Foraging Rank 0: Rank 0: 4/10 EXP.

+1 Health
Continue sword training while pondering berserking, and the ways that strong emotions might intensify my Spirit Power attacks. Or ponder a way to condense mana into an armor or shield using abjuration.

2+1 You feel like although beserking may give you a boost for a short time, it will also have its drawbacks after that boost wears off. You've already noticed that practicing things seems to boost your physical health as well as your understanding of magic, possibly through Spirit Power and other means. You learn a little something about protecting yourself from magic.
-1 Hunger. Abjuration Magic Rank 0: 2/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Counterspell (2 Mana*) Cast this spell to make someone else's spell fail. May cost more mana depending on the power of the spell countered.

Keep Kung Fu fighting the hawk. I shall absorb its soul with my fists!
5 It feels like you gain a little something, because when you hit the hawk, it dies and you feel rejuvenated.
+3 Health. Skill Unlocked: Spirit Power Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Abilities: Leech Life (2 Spirit, Touch). Gain Spirit Bar: 3/5.

Eat even moar food
4 Hey look, some Strawberries! Courtesy of your friend Wren. +1 Health, +2 Hunger.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:43:09 am by Dwayna DragonFire »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 72