Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 303413 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #495 on: November 10, 2017, 01:19:33 pm »

Polygamy is allowed by the Republic but not really practiced. Alternate Brazil has serious social stigma attached to it.

So, nothing different from our real Brazil, it's changing a bit right now but we always go back to conservative hands very fast.

I mean, the only difference is that polygamy isn't allowed here.

Erin Quill concluded that it would actually be easier to teach lyrebirds to think than to modify  dogs to speak. He gets to work on breeding some as translators between dogs and humans, with the added benefit of using them to spy on rebels, a la Jabberjays.

Toss more money, and test rats too, as these are more easily ignored anywhere on the world and smart. plus, living tissue can pass through the wormhole? If yes these birds/rats can be transported instantly to other parts of the world were the republic is, even on the boat right now.

+1 to fallacy's plan, in the third step we can also register secretely who enters and who leaves the block, if we can do it without being obvious, we have cameras right? I don't know, being a bit steampunk give us a unusual tech advance, if we have we can use some already pre-instaledd surveillance cameras for this.

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 10, 2017, 06:30:05 pm »

Also, Andrew Calvin has been subjected to the truth drug. What would you like to ask him?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 10, 2017, 09:57:35 pm »

Ask Andrew:

"You fools were planning to destroy the capital, weren't you? Look where it got you!"
"Where did you learn about the properties of andesite, anyway?"
"Is anybody else that you know of involved in this fool's errand?" (Y/N)

(if Y): "What do you know about them? Did someone else send you on this goose-chase? Did you ever stop to think about why such foolishness isn't such a good idea?"
(if N): "Take a long, hard look at what remains of the futile resistance you cherish."
"Look at yourself and know that this nation doesn't take kindly to such foolishness. Surely you can't think to change to course of an entire nation by conveniently liquidating few people or objects! Have you no concept of inertia? Next time you try to 'better' your surroundings, think twice about narrowmindedly pursuing your own vendettas and actually come up with a way to shift the course of such a large cultural and economic mass instead of merely delaying it."

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 10, 2017, 10:00:49 pm »

Why did you act like you wanted almost nothing to do with the rebellion before running back into their arms ???

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 10, 2017, 10:49:52 pm »

Why did you act like you wanted almost nothing to do with the rebellion before running back into their arms ???

That's Jacob Eldin, not Andrew Calvin.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 10, 2017, 10:56:31 pm »

that was Eldin not Andrew.

"What do you think of [show each member of rebelion (exclude the new woman from the list)]? What do you know about them?"

"The old man said something about a lab of his own somewhere? Yes or no"
(If yes)"Where?"

"What was the next step of your plan?"

"What were your motivations to become a terrorist?"
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 10, 2017, 11:05:58 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 10, 2017, 11:15:03 pm »

"The old man said something about a lab of his own somewhere? Yes or no"
(If yes)"Where?"

This is OOC knowledge - IC nobody has seen the note where Sam details his experiments. However, I'm letting it slide because Quill and Celling are using the fourth wall as a punching bag and it's conceivable they could just pull OOC knowledge out of nowhere.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 10, 2017, 11:38:36 pm »

This time i didn't payed attentions to the details. :v

But hmm, come on, this guy were testing the adantesite on a cave, and managed to use it. At least he had education or tested it before the museum break. (okay, could be anyone from the rebellion before they turned into ashes).

We could change the question to

"You know someone that had a laboratory in the rebellion? Y/N"
if yes "Who?"
"where?"
"Someone else? Who? Where?" repeat
"Did you had other Hiding spots on antartica? yes or no! Where?"
"Weapons storage? yes or no! Where?"

Although punching a bit more of the fourth wall is okay, i think the OOC question should be reserved to the old man, I fear a drawback of the fourth wall.
Novice english wordsmith

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 12, 2017, 10:14:26 am »

The lights come on again in Andrew Calvin’s interrogation room, revealing Erin Quill standing in the doorway. Calvin is chained to a chair in the center of the room, instruments and IV ducts piled around him. He still isn’t fully recovered from his near brush with death. The side walls and floor are cold, gray concrete, while the back wall bears a mirror.

Erin Quill stands towering over Calvin, hands folded behind his back. Light from the hallway makes him visible only as an almost ethereal silhouette. He glares at Calvin, helpless in his bonds.

“Do you know who I am?” asks Quill.

Calvin opens his mouth and chokes out the words, tired from his ordeal. “You are… Erin Quill,” he manages.

“Correct,” says Quill. “Chief engineer of the Southern Republic and architect of the wormhole known as Erin’s Oracle. I defend the people with knowledge and clarity of thought.”

“Government… dog,” Calvin spits out.

Erin smiles to himself. “Are you implying that the canine members of our military are any less competent than the human ones, Andrew Calvin? Oh yes. We have dogs with far more wits about them that the all of you combined.”

Erin unfolds his hands and produces a glass jar with a small green and yellow frog sitting in it. “Do you know what this is?”

Calvin almost laughed. “That is… a frog,” he said, his voice crackly.

Erin grinned wider. “This is a subspecies of poison dart frog that I have been studying for the last three years. It secretes various neurotoxins that shut down certain circuits of the brain. The particular compound that I have extracted disables the parts that create fabrications. Under this drug, and with the proper prodding, you will tell me everything I want to know.”

Calvin was thrashing against his bonds by now. “No! No! I won’t betray the Resistance!”

“You are welcome to fight, of course. The drug will put you into something of a stupor, but I suppose you could still stay silent. That would just result in more difficulty for you.”

Calvin cried and tossed like a madman. “Kill me! KILL ME!” he shrieked.

“We are not that barbaric around here, Andrew,” Quill answered softly. “But your people are. I will give you one chance to explain yourself. Why did you want to destroy the capital?”

“...what?” Calvin asked.

“Oh come on, now,” said Erin Quill, pacing around the room, “Don’t play dumb. We know of your plans to destabilize the wormhole.”

Calvin looked more shocked than angry. “Destabilize. It would only destroy the palace, suck in the nobles. Then it would dissipate harmlessly.”

Erin suppressed yet another laugh. “I fear your knowledge of quantum mechanics is sadly outdated, Andrew. Black holes are an impenetrable barrier to light, but we have determined that no barrier is impenetrable. It will not dissipate harmlessly, Andrew. Rather, it will explode with the force of a dying star.”

Erin had circled behind Calvin by now, shouting into his ears. “It will emit a blast of scorching gamma rays, and every man, woman, and child in the city will die a horrible death, the skin torn from their bodies, the flesh ripped off their limbs, their eyes crushed within their sockets! Everything in the city will be set alight by that savage light, every building, every house, every cradle, will be made to ash in the conflagration!”

Erin once again stood in front of Calvin. His voice dropped to its typical softness again. “And why, Andrew Calvin? Why must two million people die so you can prove a point?

“Why,” he said, voice rising once more, “why, because of love, of course. The power of the deepest heart unleashing the energies of the darkest star and oh, how the world burns, burns, burns. Blinded by emotion, stupefied by affection, you ignored the blazingly obvious truth - that Sam Drimoxi is just a mad man with a gun and a cute granddaughter, and will be the end of us all!”

He leaned in close again. “Let me tell you a little secret, Andrew. I don’t much like the Republic. It’s functional. Not perfect, but functional. If it can be improved, I’ll improve it. If it must be destroyed, then, well, I’ll destroy it.” He chuckled to himself.

“But you? People like you? People that hate? People that act without thought? People that kill for fickle reasons? People convinced of the righteousness of their most heinous actions?”

He withdrew an ampoule from his cloak and stepped back. “People like you are what keep me up at night, Andrew Calvin.”

He inserted the ampoule into a ready-made slot and the green liquid within sloshed around. “I told you the truth. It is now your turn. I have a few questions for you, Andrew Calvin.”

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 12, 2017, 11:25:58 am »

Question number one; What is your favorite color.
Question Number two; Vanilla, chocolate or strawberry?
Question Number three where Is your main base of operations, pretty please ?
 and finally
''dO YOU HAVE ANY KNOWLEGE OF PLOT TO RANDSOME THE REPUBLICS SECRETS, such as the fact that half of our soldies are gien socks one size two small ???'

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 12, 2017, 11:27:58 am »

Let's put it a different way.
"How much do you know about the law of narrative causality?"
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 12, 2017, 11:37:31 am »

'Tell us how much narrativium the rebels have stored at the moment.''

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 12, 2017, 05:03:41 pm »

Question number one; What is your favorite color.
Question Number two; Vanilla, chocolate or strawberry?
Question Number three where Is your main base of operations, pretty please ?
 and finally
''dO YOU HAVE ANY KNOWLEGE OF PLOT TO RANDSOME THE REPUBLICS SECRETS, such as the fact that half of our soldies are gien socks one size two small ???'

'Tell us how much narrativium the rebels have stored at the moment.''

...what?

What did I say that provoked all these comments about narration? And just what was Paxiecrunchle trying to say with the last one?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 12, 2017, 05:35:25 pm »

Anyhow, time to field requests.

Ask Andrew:

"Where did you learn about the properties of andesite, anyway?"

“The rebels had a… briefcase full of files, and we took some papers… from the museum. Between historical records and modern mineralogy we found out.”

"Is anybody else that you know of involved in this fool's errand?" (Y/N)

(if Y): "What do you know about them? Did someone else send you on this goose-chase? Did you ever stop to think about why such foolishness isn't such a good idea?"
(if N): "Take a long, hard look at what remains of the futile resistance you cherish."
"Look at yourself and know that this nation doesn't take kindly to such foolishness. Surely you can't think to change to course of an entire nation by conveniently liquidating few people or objects! Have you no concept of inertia? Next time you try to 'better' your surroundings, think twice about narrowmindedly pursuing your own vendettas and actually come up with a way to shift the course of such a large cultural and economic mass instead of merely delaying it."

“There were… other rebel cells… scattered around this continent. The majority were wiped out in the mansion blast. I don’t know any of the locations.”

"What do you think of [show each member of rebelion (exclude the new woman from the list)]? What do you know about them?"

“I used to pick on Jacob Eldin at school. He seems totally incompetent”

“Sam Drimoxi is kinda cranky and seems to hate me but his heart is in the right place.”

“Anna is hot. Don’t tell her I said that.”

"What was the next step of your plan?"

“Close the wormhole… in Antarctica.”

"What were your motivations to become a terrorist?"

“The Republic is a dictatorship, emblematic of everything wrong with humanity. It is driven by greed and deception. It has to go.

"You know someone that had a laboratory in the rebellion? Y/N"
if yes "Who?"
"where?"
"Someone else? Who? Where?" repeat

“Nobody mentioned anything like that.”

"Did you had other Hiding spots on antartica? yes or no! Where?"

“Sam said he had a place.”

"Weapons storage? yes or no! Where?"

“Presumably he hid weapons there.”

Anything else?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 203