Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 302805 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2017, 01:21:46 pm »

This is not a matter of "how well can you shoot". I am well aware that evil minions couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. This is a question of "look where you're going, 二百五".
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 01:23:32 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2017, 01:45:32 pm »

Is B, followed by A but with shotguns, an option we can take?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2017, 02:57:21 pm »

Of course, since no one invested in military for now stuck with incompetent nooks. I say B for now.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2017, 04:14:29 pm »

B

If there is no catch, can we still have the necklace so? That could make our political minions more attached for the cause, while we can still put propaganda and (try to, it never works) blame the rebels for the bombing "They even don't even know how to use bombs safely to make their own troops secure, they *cough* killed our negotiators"
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2017, 07:23:42 pm »

Is B, followed by A but with shotguns, an option we can take?

It's implied that the engineers have shotgun backup, and the muscle has screwdriver backup. But the tunnel is kinda... small... and who you pick to lead the initial charge matters.

This is not a matter of "how well can you shoot". I am well aware that evil minions couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. This is a question of "look where you're going, 二百五".

It's the same idea. Evil minions must get minced by the simplest of traps in order to keep the plot moving. Also, it's dark and small and cramped and the traps are just holes in the wall at best, you can't really see them.

Plus, is there a reason you wrote "205" in Chinese?

If there is no catch, can we still have the necklace so? That could make our political minions more attached for the cause, while we can still put propaganda and (try to, it never works) blame the rebels for the bombing "They even don't even know how to use bombs safely to make their own troops secure, they *cough* killed our negotiators"

Well, no catch if you picked the necklace. It was supposed to be one of three things you could pick.

I have to admit, I didn't really think that one out, cause both the tunnel and crystal are fairly important to the plot. Let's just say that if you picked the necklace, you'd have gotten -1 on both the tunnel and crystal for wasting time on useless trinkets; that option is gone now.

By the way, I'm going to -2 political for sufficiently dumb propaganda.

In other news, it seems B is leading.

Spoiler: Dice (click to show/hide)

Moving forward, the engineers rapidly identify the traps, a series of metal bars in the walls that swing down to kill or maim anyone underneath. With calm expertise, they find and jam the mechanism then step aside for an exchange of fire between the security detail with shotguns following behind, and the four remaining rebels hiding behind the trap and waiting for an opportunity to ambush.

Said exchange does not go well. Our forces appear unable to hit the broad side of a barn, even at this distance, and most of our shots go nowhere. The rebels, armed with pistols and knives, rapidly pick off around half our security force in the close quarters, but eventually are driven off by the sheer volume of fire.

After they run off into the darkness, a thorough inspection is made of the area and our first force is found battered but mostly unharmed, caged in a corner by an earlier trap.

Your forces begin searching the tunnel they ran down. It branches. To the left is a draft and the sound of rushing water, while to the right is the sound of many feet.

Direction of search:
A: The left
B: The right
C: Give up
D: Split (-4 to all combat, you explore both)

I also assume you want to analyze the green crystalline material... results for that next turn.

NEXT STORY POST
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:46:18 pm by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2017, 07:30:26 pm »

It's an expression. It means "halfwit".

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2017, 07:32:50 pm »

It's an expression. It means "halfwit".

I am Chinese, and I didn't know that. Wa.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2017, 07:37:29 pm »

*shrug*
My mandarin teacher told me that. Maybe you're just from different regions.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2017, 09:09:45 pm »

A: Go right
do we have the option to split up and send a token force left? (splitting up always works well against the heroes)
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2017, 06:15:20 am »

do we have the option to split up and send a token force left? (splitting up always works well against the heroes)

I refer you to option D. There's so few people that splitting would be a token force either way.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 07:58:39 am by blueturtle1134 »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2017, 08:18:13 pm »

Isn't A to go left?

I say B go right. Splitting up is never a good idea, less ground but more competences in everyone's part.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2017, 08:23:31 pm »

Shoot. Shoot. I was just about to post my thing for A.

Now you have to keep voting...

On second thought, you both voted right. So yeah...

The guards come to a section of the tunnel that is blocked by a grate. Behind the grate, many small pinpricks of light can be seen. There is no sign of the rebels.

What do you do? (I’ll take first suggestion)
A: Force the grate
B: Wait there
C: Try the other path
D: Leave and ignore it

The results from the analysis of the green crystalline material have also come in.

Spoiler: Dice (click to show/hide)

The green substance is analyzed and turns out to be adantesite, a rare mineral that couples the electromagnetic and gravitational forces by a poorly-understood process. This mineral has the property that, when fed a electric current of the correct polarity and voltage, it converts polarized near-ultraviolet light into a linear resonant gravitational wave that destabilizes regions of negative gravitational mass, such as those used to hold open an Einstein-Rosen Bridge.

What this means is that all you have to do is power it, reflect sunlight onto it, and point it at Erin’s Oracle (the wormhole), and the wormhole will disconnect. Both sides, however, will instantly become black holes, which will suck in the matter around them before decaying and exploding with the force of a small nuclear bomb.

All you need is a mirror and a battery, and both the Capital in the South and the Military Base in the North become nice, big, smoldering craters in the ground.

As you might expect, this poses a bit of a security risk.

A countermeasure is developed that can repel the effects of such a destabilizing beam; a sort of gravitational shield that can be formed around a wormhole mouth and manipulated to cancel out outside influences. This, however, comes with its own problems. The shield requires your own adantesite to build; this can be more fragmented than the destabilizing chunk, so the shards you found count, but aren’t nearly enough.

The shield will also require an order of magnitude more power than the destabilizing beam requires. The infrastructure on the Northern Mouth can barely support it, and it likely will have to be cycled on and off several times a day to allow the batteries to recharge.

NEXT STORY POST
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:46:43 pm by blueturtle1134 »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2017, 08:24:34 pm »

A
There you go.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2017, 08:30:25 pm »

A
There you go.

Wow... This is getting really fast...

Doesn't matter anyway, the other two voted for right, but thanks for your interest!

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2017, 08:32:35 pm »

Yeah I was apparently slow on that vote.
Edit: Keeping it on A
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 08:34:22 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 203