Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 50455 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2017, 02:50:45 am »

Continue beating it down. Finish this

"No demonspawn is going to kill me back to hell with you!"

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2017, 09:07:35 pm »

I Have no idea what that does. It might be a weapon, or maybe some escape device...

"Oh no, you're not getting away that easily!"

Close in and send a blast of fire at the odd cylinder to blast it out of his hands.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 05, 2017, 11:58:43 pm »

(Ozarck, I don't think both of our characters discovered our abilities at this stage yet.)

Battered but otherwise okay, Nagisa looked at the creature as it pointed its vines at her, seemly aiming at her limbs. She then wished for her crossbow, knowing that it would at least stun the creature long enough for her to escape. However, she wished that she decided to go home with her- Nagisa's mother most of all. Whether Signora Tsumiya is actually abusive or just overbearing, at least she and Makiko would be safe within the walls instead of being chased by a being who may or may not have come from Hell itself. In that case, would calling it a 'demon' only be half right?

'You can debate with yourself the philosophical implications of this whole nonsense later, Nagisa,' she thought to herself as she eyed a nearby broom. 'Right now, you must survive.'

Putting up the rod, Nagisa grabbed the broom while keeping her eyes or the 'demon'. It has already made itself clear that it was faster than her. The best she could hope for is to wound it enough to slow it down so that she can catch up with Makiko. The worst would be that she will have to keep it busy to buy time for Makiko to escape. However, before she attacked, she needed additional protection. Looking around, Nagisa found several trash cans next to her. Grabbing a lid to use as a shield, Nagisa will:

Use all of her Wit to be alert for any moves the 'demon' will make besides using the vines. Using all of her Presence to charge and all her base Defense to protect against the vines, Nagisa with use all of her Power to whack the 'demon' with the broom and will attempt to use the trash can lid to block any physical attacks.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2017, 01:10:17 am »

(Ozarck, I don't think both of our characters discovered our abilities at this stage yet.)

(Eh, he can try.)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2017, 12:16:36 pm »

(Eh, he can try.)
((and that's all I'm doing - trying. Makiko knows she's got some mysterious power, and now she's in a situation where it could be life or death, so she's gonna try t o pull it out.))

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2017, 06:16:57 pm »

Well if this works then you can expect me to follow suit.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:39:44 pm by Sir Elventide »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2017, 04:17:52 pm »

Enter the room, look for any camera footage around the floors see saw the flash and see if she can quickly determine the room. Watch what happened. Also quickly scan the room for useful things.

Also is there's a camera right outside of this room? Mitsuru might have to deal with that footage as well.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 09, 2017, 03:19:07 am »

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)

I Have no idea what that does. It might be a weapon, or maybe some escape device...

"Oh no, you're not getting away that easily!"

Close in and send a blast of fire at the odd cylinder to blast it out of his hands.

[6 +> 4 - (5 => 3)] The metal cylinder melts into slag. It then explodes--spraying his face with molten metal, as well as blowing off half his hand.
You get a few drops on your face too. But being bathed in flames has definitely upped your resistance to mere skin burns.

"Eh," the old man looks at you. "Hey you're pretty good! Kinda assumed you'd just let me die, though. Now you're going to have to watch it happen the hard way," he says. His wounds have already approached the point of no return. Gangrene coats his body.
It seems the symptoms have hit him full-force now as he hurls into a coughing fit punctuated by uncontrollable sneezing. He sneezes so hard that blood drips from his nose... and after that it only gets worse.

The enemy spellcaster has been reduced to little more than a pestilent corpse rotting in celeritas.

Chen walks up and grabs your shoulder. It's trembling.
"Hate to say it, but that guy freaked me out..."

He looks at you. "That was pretty swell. You ever do this before?" he says, doing his best to put on a smile after being caught within an inch of his life.

Ozarck (Di/Makiko) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

Oh, shoot. Nagisa ..."

ry to imbue my dagger with fire magic, climb hte ladder to above Nagisa, and leap onto the creature, stabbing at it. Again, all defense toward those vine projectile type thingies

You climb up the ladder to the top of the second story (2 Pc) and then leap down (+2 attack), throwing yourself toward the creature with all of your might. (+5 attack from remaining Pc)

Because it was standing still, you hit it full-force. Time slows to a crawl as your blade sings through the air, the image of a campfire playing back in repeat through your head. You frantically try to recall the many times you've needed fire just to survive, but your past life comes back as nothing but a blur.
Then it hits you: a moment from the world between life and death, the first time you found yourself gravely injured by a belligerent outsider. You remember that blade in particular, heated to a cherry-red glow, as you used it to stop the bleeding.

You awaken to the sight of your wrists, having plunged the dagger into the bamboo-beast's woody hide.

It's smoldering.

You did it! (The fire is small now, but the more the beast moves around, the more air it will pick up...)

[3+7 => 9 damage dealt.]
(You can attempt a finisher. You'd roll dice equal to your Advantage [9]--if you get more than [5] successes, you end the battle. If not, you lose your advantage and your Fatigue counter goes up to [9])

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

Putting up the rod, Nagisa grabbed the broom while keeping her eyes or the 'demon'. It has already made itself clear that it was faster than her. The best she could hope for is to wound it enough to slow it down so that she can catch up with Makiko. The worst would be that she will have to keep it busy to buy time for Makiko to escape. However, before she attacked, she needed additional protection. Looking around, Nagisa found several trash cans next to her. Grabbing a lid to use as a shield, Nagisa will:

Use all of her Wit to be alert for any moves the 'demon' will make besides using the vines. Using all of her Presence to charge and all her base Defense to protect against the vines, Nagisa with use all of her Power to whack the 'demon' with the broom and will attempt to use the trash can lid to block any physical attacks.

You exchange the quick rod for a makeshift combo with long-distance striking capability. The extra reach won't help you at point-blank, but at this point it's better than a stick.
(You use 4 Pc to charge. However, since you are charging directly toward the target, you won't be able to avoid any attack by doing this.)

[6 => 3 - (5 +> 3) -- blocked] The beast attacks with its spines as expected. However, it makes a move you didn't expect--
(3 => 3 - [3 +> 0] As you fly past the vines, they return with a whistling noise and wrap themselves around your shoulders and feet. It all happens so fast it's almost as if it predicted you.
If it knew what you were going to do, you wonder why it didn't step back... but then you notice someone hanging off the beast's back--Makiko!

It doesn't seem to plan on holding you for long. Makiko may want to get out of the way.
(Your Pc is reduced by 3 the following turn because of the attack.)

Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

Enter the room, look for any camera footage around the floors see saw the flash and see if she can quickly determine the room. Watch what happened. Also quickly scan the room for useful things.

Also is there's a camera right outside of this room? Mitsuru might have to deal with that footage as well.

You enter to find out that it is indeed a camera room. Who knew that the police had anything to do inside a building besides watch camera footage.

Sure beats patrolling. Technology marches on.

There's a big control board. You press reverse and it moves backwards. You press play and it continues. Your phone has a clock--you rewind the appropriate number of minutes, and sure enough your keen eyes spot what may have been the source of the flash: a bullet exit hole appearing on the outside of the door in the hallway.
There are no cameras looking inside people's apartments.

You take a few moments to find out where the camera footage is stored. Clearly they broadcast signals across the building using something like television, but the camera back in the store held its film in a tiny box which the Russe had snatched.
Surely it would be safer to store the films inside this room which supposedly nobody was allowed? You locate the offending box on the control board, pop it out, and cover your tracks.

All of this took a while so you're not sure you want to stick around collecting loot. You have the film drive and some pencils. There's some keyboards and some white plastic things with a wheel and two buttons each hanging around on the desk, but you don't understand their immediate use.

Spoiler: Notes/Status (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Ryo) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

Continue beating it down. Finish this

"No demonspawn is going to kill me back to hell with you!"

You keep pounding it and try to finish this.
[4 => 3 - (3 -> 3)] Not very successful, however. You are unlikely to take him out right now.

(Your opponent can't attack on the turn you perform a finisher)

This battle is going nowhere. You are clearly stronger than your opponent--his weakness in melee is clearly a sign of this. With no chance of breaking free, your opponent pleads.

He has a human voice.

"I give! I give!" he says, slamming his fist against the ground.
The sword and club are close by.

Spoiler: Items and Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 02:25:52 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 09, 2017, 06:36:02 am »

Hit him one last time then quickly grab the sword kicking the club away hold him? at sword point

"Face down and stay down I have no patience today."  Once he? is subdued

"Now you must have a reason for breaking in here and attacking me speak before my arm gets tired."

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 09, 2017, 03:40:49 pm »

Get the room number of the incident and head up to the floor. With the keys I should be able to enter the room. Mitsuru exhales, anticipating the coming action. I must strike first: decisively.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 10, 2017, 01:36:38 am »

"Nnnnrgh!"

Grunting as she struggled to get within striking distance of the monster while pulling against the vines wrapping around her limbs, Nagisa was nevertheless thankful that she'd lasted this long. However, that paled in comparison to the fact that not only did Makiko jumped out of nowhere and landed on the 'demon' but was somehow starting a small fire inside of it with her knife. Confused at first, Nagisa remembered Youka's conversation earlier about what spells they could've used while 'dreaming' in the afterlife. If that was true and Makiko's ability to heat up her knife to a temperature that can combust vegetation was due to her 'dream', perhaps Nagisa could've had a similar experience, one that no doubt involved machines. Of course, given that the tables have now turned against it, the plant 'demon' will most likely disengage and try to flee and Nagisa had no intention of letting it left unscathed if at all. However, she was slowed down by its vines and knew that it would be hard to stab it with her weapon if it chooses to run.

Using all of her Wit to location any weak spots in the plant 'demon's' body, Nagisa will attempt to call into being some sort of machine that can launch either arrows or handcannon balls into them, provided that Makiko gets out of the way.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 11, 2017, 03:25:39 am »

Gai looked at his hand, still radiating heat. "NO, can't say I have. I only woke up tonight. I do remember a lot of fire while I was dead, though. Fitting in a way."

"Anyway, who was that man? You seemed to know about him when first seeing him. And what was that odd cylinder thing anyway?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 11, 2017, 03:56:20 am »

"Akira!"
Makiko shouts, for some reason, while pulling the dagger free and leaping back, defending against plant spikes and cutting at any tendrils that come her way. She'll keep willing fire into the blade and into the plant thing.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2017, 10:12:08 pm »

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)

Gai looked at his hand, still radiating heat. "NO, can't say I have. I only woke up tonight. I do remember a lot of fire while I was dead, though. Fitting in a way."

"Anyway, who was that man? You seemed to know about him when first seeing him. And what was that odd cylinder thing anyway?"

Chen's robes disappear, leaving behind an ordinary school uniform.

"Whaa~?"
He lets forth a loose shrug of his shoulders. "Never seen 'im before. Though the bastard did seem pretty familiar with us by the sound of his intro."

He kicks the body over.
"Never once thought they could take human form... this is new."

Memoto and Tagashi swoop down and revert to their original gear as well.
"What was that?" Tagashi asks, pointing to Chen. "That was hella dangerous!"

"Now now," Makoto tries to hold him back. "It's a big world out there. Ya really think he coulda predicted them all?"

"What I'm saying," Tagashi continues, backing off. "Is that being a part of this group puts us all at risk. That monster clearly knew a lot about who we are. Nothing we had worked against him!"
He motions toward Mako.

"Like, why bring her along? Who knows if we'll get another chance after we die in this life!"
"I mean, if someone's sending these things after us..." Memoto stammers.

Ozarck (Di/Makiko) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

"Akira!"
Makiko shouts, for some reason, while pulling the dagger free and leaping back, defending against plant spikes and cutting at any tendrils that come her way. She'll keep willing fire into the blade and into the plant thing.

You leap back to a safe enough distance (3 Pc), drawing the blade out as you leap off. The blade is covered in a blackened sludge, much like what you'd find in a cooking pot after leaving it over the fire for too long.

Then, the creature attacks you. Not with its tendrils, as you'd have guessed, but by throwing Nagisa over its shoulders. You step out of the way. (I warned about it last turn--normally you'd want to explicitly say you're dodging, but you have Pc unreserved)
Nagisa is now next to you (1 unit away).

You try and harm the beast without making a direct attack. If you could imbue your dagger like that... perhaps you could harm the beast directly. It's not like it would buff it, right?
[2 => 1] You recall a flaming oni from your memory. You then open your eyes.

The beast's eyes now glow. No sign of burning. The smoke from its back hasn't fanned much, as it hasn't moved from its original position.

You wonder what happened. Did you make it catch fire? Or did you give it... the power... of fire...
You get the feeling that it's going to use its tendril attack again. But--does it know what you've done? Certainly mixing plant-based attacks with flames is going to have consequences.

[1 => 1] Your dagger glows red, waiting for another chance to strike.

(Continued in Nagisa's post. You can hit the weak points Nagisa spotted)

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

"Nnnnrgh!"

Grunting as she struggled to get within striking distance of the monster while pulling against the vines wrapping around her limbs, Nagisa was nevertheless thankful that she'd lasted this long. However, that paled in comparison to the fact that not only did Makiko jumped out of nowhere and landed on the 'demon' but was somehow starting a small fire inside of it with her knife. Confused at first, Nagisa remembered Youka's conversation earlier about what spells they could've used while 'dreaming' in the afterlife. If that was true and Makiko's ability to heat up her knife to a temperature that can combust vegetation was due to her 'dream', perhaps Nagisa could've had a similar experience, one that no doubt involved machines. Of course, given that the tables have now turned against it, the plant 'demon' will most likely disengage and try to flee and Nagisa had no intention of letting it left unscathed if at all. However, she was slowed down by its vines and knew that it would be hard to stab it with her weapon if it chooses to run.

Using all of her Wit to location any weak spots in the plant 'demon's' body, Nagisa will attempt to call into being some sort of machine that can launch either arrows or handcannon balls into them, provided that Makiko gets out of the way.

The creature tosses you over its shoulders (5 => 2) and toward Makiko. She gets out of the way--and you slam into the concrete, rolling over a couple of times and avoiding serious damage (2 => 0).

With Makiko safely at your side (1 unit away), you try your hand at doing what Makiko just did--find your own magic.
[3 => 2] Raising your arms as if you were holding a weapon, you invite your dreams to come back to you. And they come rushing in like a storm. You almost lose yourself--hovering through your memories searching for the perfect weapon. Walking among discarded pipes and failed contraptions, recoiling from the sight of the master, even though this is only a recollection of prior events. Digging through piles of tools and parts, you pick up a couple of stocks, a couple of barrels... try and ponder the usefulness of flaming arrows... but then you spot a clock in the distance, and realize that you've been searching your memories for quite a while. There's a gun on the wall. Might as well use that.

You return to your senses with a shining weapon in your hand. It wasn't that shiny on the way.
And you're also wearing... a new outfit? Odd. It's sort of radiant and at the same time obscure, like a figment of your dreams. You recall Youka's appearance.

The bamboo beast stands in front of you (2 distance). You scramble to look for ways you can hurt a creature that has no organs... with a gun. [Wit: 6 => 3] There are three spots you think would work--its spine seems to bear its entire weight, its head seems to be ostensibly important since it's staring at you, and its four paws provide it with traction against the concrete.

(To use the musket you must roll at least 2 dice successfully on this weapon. If you do, you inflict a fixed amount of damage. The Skill Level decreases by 1 at point-blank.)

Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

Get the room number of the incident and head up to the floor. With the keys I should be able to enter the room. Mitsuru exhales, anticipating the coming action. I must strike first: decisively.

You navigate to the room using what you learned of the layout in these precious minutes. The elevator brings you up faster than you thought--it's almost a minute and you're already at the 32nd story. These buildings are gigantic, yet streamlined. The chrome-plated buttons and elevator interiors speak as much.

The elevator door opens on its own and you are greeted to a small indoor garden populated by midget trees. To either side are the hallways. Left, you remember, heading over to the room where the incident occurred. 3941, the sign at the door read...

You try to fit the keys inside, but they don't seem to grant entry. Does the janitor not have access? Well, that would be pretty creepy.
But you test the door and find that it was unlocked anyway. Whomever opened it forgot to--

You behold the sight of a black-clad assassin wrestling a teenage boy on the floor. Surprisingly, the teenager seems to be winning. He's wearing the same kind of uniform as the boy you saw before.

The assassin, on the other hand, seems quite out-of-place for this world. A robe tied with a loop around his waist, and a face-veil which you reckon would get him in plenty of trouble with the police, had he not seemed like a professional at stealth. Not in combat, though.

However, thanks to your sudden shock value, you distract the teenager wrestling him; enough that the assassin would underhandedly try to turn the tables by reaching at the sword. His arm gets stomped on.

Spoiler: Notes/Status (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Ryo) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

Hit him one last time then quickly grab the sword kicking the club away hold him? at sword point

"Face down and stay down I have no patience today."  Once he? is subdued

"Now you must have a reason for breaking in here and attacking me speak before my arm gets tired."

You hear the door unlock. Is it--mother?
In your brief moment of distraction, the assassin makes a grab for the sword--(3 => 0) vs [3 => 1 damage] You step on his arm and pick up the sword yourself.

[1 => 0] You kick at the club and it moves about twelve inches. Heavier than you thought...

Spoiler: Items and Status (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 19, 2017, 02:12:32 am »

Her consciousness returning to reality, Nagisa was surprised to find herself holding a strange musket. Though a typical musket weights about 10 pounds, this one was practically light enough to be held with two fingers and has strange designs on the stock and the barrel. In addition, she was wearing some sort of clothing that reminded her of Youka's outfit, almost as if they were simply some sort of projection of something else. In her case, her own outfit looked like a gown with an apron... or at least she thought so. Nevertheless, she had bigger fish to fry.

Glaring at the plant 'demon', Nagisa saw that its eyes were growing red and the fire inside of it wasn't spreading. However, it appeared to be no longer fazed as it returned her stare. Praying that it does not realized that it was now fire-resistant, Nagisa decided to:

Whisper to Makiko concerning the plant 'demon's' weak spots. Shoot the plant 'demon' in the head while dedicating all of Presence to dodging attacks after using all of Wit to predicting them.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29